DOING SW FROM HOME???

kitipampa said:
bum just wrote a post and it vanished !
to summarise :
does anyone use an app to track syns ? i dont think i should track anything else as i want this to be a lifestyle change and not a calorie counting exercise ...
well done VG on getting back on track
thanks Charl for the great advice on non food related tasks - great idea
btw loving the chatty thread !

If your an online member or go to group you can download the slimming world app and track syns on this. Im on android

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

I did some researching as I was thinking about finding a similar thing - I found The Points Tracker (has a blue logo) which allows you to set a weekly limit (105 syns) and to log each syn you eat. Then I also found one to track my weight - Weight Loss Tracker with scales as the logo. This is on Android by the way. Using both now and they look good :) The weight loss tracker has graphs, which I like x

Do you enter the food and it knows the syns or you have to work out the syns and enter it? If so, I'll stick with my notebook!! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Oh my ladies, went back to uni today and absolutely terrified of this year now, its going to be very very hard, a serious amount of work, I have no idea how i sailed through last year without really doing any reading, but thats not gonna work this year. SCARED/NERVOUS!!! aaaaahhhh, getting seriously panicky I'm going to fail now. :(

Oh I write all my syns down on my food diary, I meal plan on a note on my iphone for the next day before I go to sleep with my Hex's and syns, and if I have anything extra I just use my food diary on here to track everything, its the best tool for me as I can update anywhere with the mini's app. xx

Yeah you just work out the syns and enter it :\ There is no app to work out the syns for you unfortunately, unless you are an online member :\ The app just makes it easier for me to keep on top of my weekly syns, which is really helpful :) Still keeping my full food diary on my laptop though.

Aw Charl I'm sure it's not as bad as it looks! I have heard that the second year of uni is a big leap as you don't really do much in the first year, but I'm sure you can do it :) Set yourself an hour or more each day that you can devote to reading! Once you break all the reading and essays etc up into small chunks it'll look a lot better :) xx

Right ladies (& any gents!) put your hand up if you like a nice Curry?!
Well I may just have the answer!! My friend went to a food festival here in Liverpool and picked up a few - 'Mrs Shah's Curry Mix' pots to try...it is basically the base for making a curry...Containing 19 herbs & spices! No individual pots eveything is in 1 pot ready to go!
Just cooked it now and it was fab!!
I had the Medium...which I found quite spicy but lovely!

The recipe is on the back which I altered slightly by cooking my chicken 1st and added 2 tins of chopped tomatoes instead of one and I added peppers!

So if u fancy a nice spicy curry with no syns (depending on if u use fry light or veg oil!) then order some off the net and u have a cheap but delicious take away alternative! 
X

After loads of ummmmin and arrrrin! Ive decided to try doing SW from home! ive done it before and lost loads, ive lost 1 stone in 2 weeks which im so chuffed about! my wi is tomorrow morning so will report back then, my only concern is finding the syns out for things seen as we cant get on the syns calculator but on the syns section there is friendly folk that will help us so heres to slimville by xmas 19 weeks away or whatever it is!

Oooh I was going to buy a few of those spice mixes a few weeks ago but their site was being updated :) Defo going on to get some now! Made a curry at lunch and it was ok, but nothing special. Looking forward to making a nice one!!

Welcome slinkyson - yeah it is a bit of a pain not having access to the syns online, but there are loads of people on here who either already know the syns or will look them up for you if you ask nicely :) x

Thank you Laura94b its nice to be onboard :) ive found everyone really friendly on here which is fab! wi tomorrow, i used to get weighed at class on a tuesday evening so swapping to weds morn. Im so nervous ive eaten way too many midget gems 4 for 1 syn! so worth it you can have loads! however ive had to stop buying them i was going daft on them! lol! i would love 1 pound or 2 ideally not a sts! but i have just lost 1 stone in two weeks so its bound to slow down now! you've done well :) cant wait to get into the 11s again i reckon 3 weeks and i'll be in the fingers crossed! x

Thanks msmoorcroft and kiti, nice to hear encouraging words, the day went very well....had a long walk, 70 minutes, really enjoyed being outside, came home and made a lovely veggie and bean packed sauce for pasta, got a last minute phone call from a friend to come over to her daughter's 3rd birthday party after school, she had made pasta but with a quorn based sauce. Tasted lovely, but I think I am allergic to quorn, always makes me feel sick an hour or so after eating!! Won't go into details, but I don't think I have to add that pasta sauce on my food dairy...ugh ugh....
In bed now, and I know i will wake tomorrow morning feeling great, much better than today, after all.....tomorrow is another day. And tomorrow's dinner is ready as my pasta dish wasn't eaten today!
Msmoorcroft, I will definitely make a pot of soup, a great idea as it is so damp and cold right now.

Lost 2.5lbs! Made up as didn't expect that at all! Didn't really try think were I've been quite laid back and it's paid off!
Its the same amount as I put on last week after my naughty week of naughty food so I'm made up I got it off this week! Nearly hitting that stone since April! Maybe next week!

Good luck all xx

Well done love! That's an awesome loss :)

Defs no losses for me this week! I was off plan at the weekend and again today. Ok cal wise but I am defo feeling v bloated and I'm not drinking anywhere near enough water which doesn't help! I'll just look at it as an adjustment week while I get back into Uni swing of things. Fully expecting a gain on Friday, not a big one but definitely something.

Hope you've all had a good day. I'm sick of rain!!

Xx

Morning all, well done tilly! So good you've got off what you put on, fab! 1&3/4lb gain for me this week! My first gain since I started but totally expected as I've been very naughty eating lots of lovely things whilst a week off with the family. I haven't run for a week either. It's silly of me but I see it as a little treat for loosing 3 stone and I know I'll loose it again. Going to bournemouth for 2 nights with hubby and no kids today, so will prob put more on but I know I can loose it once back to normality! I WILL loose another stone by Christmas! It's amazing what my running has done tho cos even though I've only put on a couple of lbs, I've gone all wobbly in the middle again. Can't believe how much running tones me up, def getting back to it asap which will be Sunday!

Anyhow enough of my ramblings, will be back to my chatty self next week. Have a fun weekend everyone!

x x

Jenny809 said:
Morning all, well done tilly! So good you've got off what you put on, fab! 1&3/4lb gain for me this week! My first gain since I started but totally expected as I've been very naughty eating lots of lovely things whilst a week off with the family. I haven't run for a week either. It's silly of me but I see it as a little treat for loosing 3 stone and I know I'll loose it again. Going to bournemouth for 2 nights with hubby and no kids today, so will prob put more on but I know I can loose it once back to normality! I WILL loose another stone by Christmas! It's amazing what my running has done tho cos even though I've only put on a couple of lbs, I've gone all wobbly in the middle again. Can't believe how much running tones me up, def getting back to it asap which will be Sunday!

Anyhow enough of my ramblings, will be back to my chatty self next week. Have a fun weekend everyone!

x x

Have a lovely time away huni :) and huge congrats on losing 3 stone! I'm starting running too very soon! Is running something you've always done? I'm crap at it, do you have any tips on how to get started? Xx

Hi everyone. Can I come join you all please. Im coming back to SW as its easy to follow and less restrictive, i find WW just doesnt work for me. I have a small baby and hate going to group anyway, i feel very self consiouse and much prefere to go solo. I did SW last year with the help of people on this forum and it was fantastic. I got and gave so much more from members on hear than i have have in group. And also money is very tight for us and a fiver a week is alot to be just getting weighd.

I got down to 15st 8lb after having my son, but now after my honey moon im back up to 16.6 idealy i would like to loos another 2 stone.

I dont have any time to stand in the kitchen whipping up fancy sw meals like i used to but i do love my stodgy comfort food so any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Hope to get to know you all well on our journey xx

:sick:Feeling pants today - sore throat, aches and pains. Just want to be tucked up in bed. Need to go to an important meeting this pm though so put a load of slap on and hoped it made me look human...not so sure. Made a red hot beany chilli in the slow cooker yesterday and it's hitting the spot today. Once this meeting's over I'm going to get my daughter from my mum's then go to bed at 7.30 when she does. Only thing about being a lone parent - still having to carry on even when you are ill cos ther's no-one else to make tea and read stories :(

Slinkyson said:
Have a lovely time away huni :) and huge congrats on losing 3 stone! I'm starting running too very soon! Is running something you've always done? I'm crap at it, do you have any tips on how to get started? Xx

Thanks hun, I forget how far I've come sometimes!

I started running in February and had never run before. I won't lie, it was blimin hard. I just did my own walk 5mins, run 1min x 5. I very slowly increased the running time and then progressed to running certain distances. It worked, I ran a 5k in June and doing a 10k in December and do actually enjoy it. I was 15stone on my first run, I ran on a cycle track so away from cars. I've definitely got the bug and reckon my weight loss success is mainly from exercise not my diet. I lost 1stone exercise alone and then started sw and lost another 2 with both. My losses do slow down when I don't run as much. I try to go 3-4 times a week. Gonna be harder in the colder months, might have to join a gym! Sorry for going on!

Top tips - a sports bra is a must, as are good fitting trainers. I ran in normal trainers then once into it (and after a few manky toes!) I bought proper running shoes (£65), find a running program to keep you going. Apparently the couch to 5k is really good!

Hope that helps a little :)

Wooo well done Tilly! And Jen, try to relax and have as much fun as possible haha!

Ooh and about sports bra - Asda does a 2 pack for £7 and my friend's tried them and said they work well :) Bargain!! Getting myself some when I get a job and sign up to the gym. Just been for my interview at Barclay's and it went well, or at least I think so!! Would be stoked to work there so hopefully they liked me too! :p

Helen, I'm sorry to hear you're feeling ill :( Think there are so many colds and viruses going around at the moment!! My throat and ears are killing me, only just made it through the interview haha! I hope you feel better asap *hugs*

Been sticking to diet, so that's all good though I'm feeling on the edge - I am craving bad food so bad and we have barely any food at the moment as it's the end of the month so we have no money!! Feel like I am going to go off track, and I really don't want to as I've done so well the past few days!! Wore a size 14 bodycon dress to my interview and thought I looked quite good, which was a shock!! There weren't too many lumps and bumps and I felt sexy! :D Might try and post a pic in a bit, if I got any good ones... xxx

Oh and Fairy3853, if you have a slow cooker that would be perfect!! You just chuck in what you need to, leave it all day and voila - stodgy comfort food that's ready when you need it with no fuss needed :) x

Welcome fairy! Your journey sounds like mine! Lost some weight after I had my kids then piled a load on, dropped a bit, piled more on. Think I finally have it this time. I have twins so understand you don't have time to cook a lot. Simple things that are fast, jacket potatoes with either beans, quorn,mushrooms and hexA cheese or tuna with x light mayo and salad. And pasta for tea is great as its always quick and if you made a bol you can always make double and freeze as saves you cooking. Plus it's cheap! Big chickens are always on offer so roast chicken with vege cous cous is good as once the chickens in the oven that's it and cous cous takes like 10 mins with a salad. Roast veg and any meat is good as again once it's in you just have to leave it so you're not tied to the cooker! Stir frys were a fave with us too as they are super quick and you can put loads of veg in. Good luck!

Sorry you're ill Helen, me too! It's been 3 weeks now and this bug just won't go!

Eeee Laura! Well done you little fox you in your bodycon! Did they let you know how long it might be to hear??

First week back at Uni nearly done, scared and excited! Already making study plans for myself, going to sort my office out later so it'll an actual workspace again not a general dumping ground for every random piece of paper/laundry in the house! Had some treats today but still ok with the plan, unlike yday I went crazy! Haha oops! Xxxx

Back