DOING SW FROM HOME???

Oops! Ps Jen have a lush grown up weekend fun times, you def deserve it a nice break xx

Don't feel too bad about going off plan a bit yest Charl, as you've been ill for a while that makes diets 10x harder, and you've done amazingly well so far :) And well done for clearing out a working space - makes it soooo much easier to focus on getting things done!! They said they'd call or email within 5 days, so fingers, toes and other crossable limbs crossed!! Would love this job! Or any job right now haha, desperate for one! xx

Well that's my plan for the evening, so don't congratulate me on my organizational skills just yet! ooo I'm excited for you, I hope you hear soon and its good news, which am sure it will be. I counted cals even though I was off SW plan and had about 1900, so still could have been worse! Was supposed to have a syn free day today to make it up but I just had some chocolate! hah. Oops! ;) xxx

Haha, well maybe me prematurely congratulating you for doing it will make you more like to actually do it :p My view is that days off are just forgotten about, I don't deprive myself of syns for the next days or whatever because I'd probably be more likely to go off again!! :p Enjoy the chocolate just don't eat the whole pack ;) xxx

Get well soon Helen, I know what you mean about having to continue with parental responsibilities whether you are sick or not, I have three kids and a husband and sick or not I am always the one making tea and settling them into bed (although these days they read their own books...woohoo). Made a big pot of stodgy free soup yesterday, added some curry spices too, it was very tasty and had it for my lunch again today with a dollup of greek yogurt HEA to 'cool' it down a bit!
Best of luck Laura on the job prospects! I was watching Corrie and Emmerdale reruns today and thought to myself 'god, I would love to live in those places, everyone seems to get jobs without any bother, even that former minister guy ashley got a job on a farm (lol) and I can sew so I could work in the knicker factory no bother!!
On plan last three days, woohoo, only thing is I think I am gluten intolerant, had nothing breadlike last few days, but last night I had ryvita as HEB and I woke with a terrible dull headache, googled rye and found it has gluten in it...didn't know that!

Thanks Zara :) yeah it's funny how TV programmes don't seem to understand how hard it is to get a job now!

Ok, so I know this picture isn't the clearest but it's the best one I got! I am happy with it :)

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120927_181051.png
    ForumRunner_20120927_181051.png
    208.1 KB · Views: 57
Ahh Laura you look fab!! Fingers crossed you get the job Hun!

I'm still on a high from losing 2.5lbs this week! Been good today...apart from some garlic bread with my free Quorn Bolognaise with Wholemeal pasta and a glass of vino! (or 2!) ;)

Hope everyones well! X

swit swoooo, laura you look right nice pet! :)

1lb gain for me! I'm not really stressing as I haven't been trying this week, and I ate 2 crumpets late last night, so its pretty unlikely I've gained 1lb of fat, it'll just be water and carb bloat, fingers crossed it'll go away next week! No more refined flour for me though, definitely does not agree with me! xxx

Awfully quiet here today! Hope everyone is enjoying themselves!! I have had a few good days, on plan, ate loads of healthy stuff and made a vegetable biryana from new Slimming World magazine recipe insert. It was so filling, said 4 servings but there are way more that 4 servings. Ate it on its own today but I think to will be lovely with stirfried or roasted broccoli tomorrow.
Must go for a walk! VG

Good morning everyone! Had a weigh in this morning and I am down 3.6 pounds!! Woohoo, so happy after a gain last week of 2 pounds!!
Have a great day everyone! VG

VeggieZara said:
Good morning everyone! Had a weigh in this morning and I am down 3.6 pounds!! Woohoo, so happy after a gain last week of 2 pounds!!
Have a great day everyone! VG

Well done, fantastic! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Ah, I have completely lost the plot diet wise. Really need to rethink this doing it from home thing and I am really struggling :(

Hello all, I'm back! Holidays over, had a great week with the family, ate whatever I wanted tho. I knew I'd gain but really didn't want to think about sw, syns or hex's. Haven't jumped on the scales yet, I reckon 4lbs or so. On plan today and going running this afternoon, will see what I can manage!!

What's up kingsbottom? Why do you think a group will help? When I go off plan, I get my recipes out and plan lots of yummy meals and snacks to spur me on. You can do it! Everyone has down moments, I don't believe anyone can be 100% all the time! Your body needs certain things sometimes. If I'm craving sugar, I often have it so I'm over it and back on track the next day, as long as you do go back on track! Time of the month is a nightmare for me, that and life stresses! We're all here for you, rant away :)

Kingsbottom, I know what you mean, I was really struggling the week before last, I felt without the threat of the leader weighing me i didn't have to stay on plan.. Fortuntately I managed to get myself together, Helen suggested making a good hearty synfree soup and it worked. I have made a few pots since and i keep the container at the front of the fridge, if I need something i start with that and usually it fills me. Yesterday I made a vegetable biryana and my 10 year old (inspired by my cooking with all the curry ingredients) asked if she could cook something too...so i gave her my favorite chickpea curry recipe and she whipped it up herself (more or less..lol). Anyway, I now have soup and two free on green curries in my fridge. I just ate my lunch, I plated up a nice portion of both curries and roasted a load of broccoli with salt pepper and oil olive. Delicious and filling and great for a lazy sunday!
I have had a week on plan, feeling great, going for walks, sleeping well and feeling happy with myself.

VeggieZara said:
Kingsbottom, I know what you mean, I was really struggling the week before last, I felt without the threat of the leader weighing me i didn't have to stay on plan.. Fortuntately I managed to get myself together, Helen suggested making a good hearty synfree soup and it worked. I have made a few pots since and i keep the container at the front of the fridge, if I need something i start with that and usually it fills me. Yesterday I made a vegetable biryana and my 10 year old (inspired by my cooking with all the curry ingredients) asked if she could cook something too...so i gave her my favorite chickpea curry recipe and she whipped it up herself (more or less..lol). Anyway, I now have soup and two free on green curries in my fridge. I just ate my lunch, I plated up a nice portion of both curries and roasted a load of broccoli with salt pepper and oil olive. Delicious and filling and great for a lazy sunday!
I have had a week on plan, feeling great, going for walks, sleeping well and feeling happy with myself.

That's fantastic!! Keep going :)

Now it's colder, I'm gonna make some soups. Need to do a veg shop!

Damn it! I just typed out a whoooole long message on my phone and it deleted it :p Here we go again...

Zara - well done on the loss!! And for getting loads of good, free foods in the fridge. Especially cool now that your daughter is getting inspired also and wants to help make yummy, healthy foods with you :) Just shows how Slimming World really is a whole lifestyle change rather than just a quick loss, fad diet!

Kingsbottom, I'm sorry you're struggling at the moment :( But there are always reasons that people do it from home to begin with anyway - time constraints, money, distance etc. I agree with what Jen says that nobody can be on plan 100% of the time, and when your body is needing something like a sugar binge or something like that, you do just need to eat a big bar of chocolate, get it out of your system and just get back on plan and on with the diet. If you feel you miss the pressure that being weighed in front of the leader and the group, then make sure that everytime you do your home weigh ins that you get straight on here and tell us how you've done! We love congratulating and cheering people on when they've had a loss, but we can also give you a good kick up the bum if you've gained. You need to look through recipes, make some good, yummy, slimming world friendly meals and remind yourself how enjoyable this plan can really be! Slimming world is perfect for the winter months - great big chunky stews made in the slow cooker with a HexB of bread or a big pile of mashed potato - yum!

I have seen from a few people's food diaries etc lately that a lot of people are finding that the transition into the colder months is making them find it ten times harder to stick to plan as they are just craving comfort food. I think the thing to do (and this has definitely helped me) is to find comfort foods that can be just as good on Slimming World - e.g SW chips, beans, eggs and sausages. Or sausages and mash with some onion gravy.

Woohoo, welcome back Jen! Glad your holiday was good - been loving all the pictures on facebook :) Well done for getting straight back on plan and picking up your running again. I'm sure the week hasn't done that much damage, and if it has then I am sure it was worth it and you'll get rid of the pounds quickly!

I didn't weigh in on Friday, just through pure accident - I woke up late and had to rush to get to town for my JSA sign in so didn't have time to even think about getting on the scales. Had two high syn days in a row, a random night on Friday with loads of wine and vodka, and then a planned flexi-syn day yesterday with a fish and chip supper for my friend's church's harvest dinner. Soo good! Trying to limit myself to 10 syns a day now to get back on track and leave myself with a few spare for this Friday - not entirely sure if I'm doing anything, but it'll be nice to have the spare ones.

Bloody hell - sorry for the essay haha!

Thanks Laura, I was very surprised that my daughter actually ate the curry after making it! Just proves Jamie Oliver right, if kids are involved and know what goes into something they are more likely to try it!

Back