DOING SW FROM HOME???

Well done on the cleaning/exercise Laura! I totally think cleaning counts! Well all my reading for tomorrow is done! Actually got it all done so tonight i can just chill!

Jen we're calling her daisy! I'm literally have excited butterflies, getting picked up at 5 to get her! Yay! Have to be super quick getting the boys as going to cook a goulash for dinner as I thought it can just cook slowly while we're out. It should be ok leaving the oven on shouldn't it?! We'll only be an hour and ill set it low xx

I often go out with stuff cooking in the oven!

Soooo exciting, good luck :)

Cheers Laura, might need to try quorn mince again.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Hey All! I gained 1.5lbs this week!!! :(
Gutted but I kinda knew! Feel really bloated this week.
Nevermind onwards and upwards here's to next week!

X

littlemissslimming said:
Hope nobody minds if I park my bum in this thread? I have lost a stone going to group but from this week have to follow plan from home so hoping the support on here will be just as good :)

Welcome! We're an incredibly chatty bunch :) Congrats on loosing 1 stone, that's fantastic! I've never gone to a group and have done well on my own, so it can be done. You prob have a better knowledge of the plans than me. Anyhow, welcome and hello!

:)

xTillyx said:
Hey All! I gained 1.5lbs this week!!! :(
Gutted but I kinda knew! Feel really bloated this week.
Nevermind onwards and upwards here's to next week!

X

Gains suck but great attitude hun, definitely onwards, upwards and smaller! 1.5lb is a small amount, it'll soon come off. My wi tomorrow and not expecting a nice number on the scales, oh well I must pay the price for being naughty!! Totm too so double whammy!

Ran round my block tonight, don't like the dark so stuck to all the main roads which unfortunately meant going past lots of yummy takeaways, restaurants and pubs......torture!

:p

Charl, I alway leave the cooker in when I am out, slow cooking stews and soups and I often set the oven to heat previous cooked food in time for dinner if we are out for the day or roast veggies that i put in oven raw in morning, setting timer to go on and cook in time for our arrival home. So easy and safer than using the microwave.
Really sticking with the plan, feel great and very very full!! Made leek and potato soup today, lovely and filling and had the last of the two curries we made on saturday. Will have to make some more. So handy when I am busy.
OMG my laptop was attacked by a virus two days ago, the virus was posing as an internet security package!! Took over my user account, disabled my antivirus protection. After 4 hours online helpdesk I gave up on them and used my daughters user account to perform fixes and sorted out the problem by doing a power erase and reloading newest version of my security package. So proud of myself for doing it...lol!!!
Ultra paranoid now about going onto unknown sites, and I was browsing around different forums for slimming world infor when the virus attacked, will stick with minimins from now on!!
I found a fab new breakfast for myself, COUSCOUS!! I have couscous made with cinnamon and add 1 tsp brown sugar and a chopped banana and a chopped pear with some milk on top. As good a porridge without being a heb, and i feel so lovely a full for the morning (I use 1/3 of a cup of couscous, don't want to load up on too much starch in the morning as i love my rice and potatoes for lunch and dinner).
Welcome littlemisslimming!

I found a fab new breakfast for myself, COUSCOUS!! I have couscous made with cinnamon and add 1 tsp brown sugar and a chopped banana and a chopped pear with some milk on top. As good a porridge without being a heb, and i feel so lovely a full for the morning (I use 1/3 of a cup of couscous, don't want to load up on too much starch in the morning as i love my rice and potatoes for lunch and dinner).

That sounds interesting. I never thought of using couscous as an alternative to porridge, I might have to try it. :)

Veggiezara, well done on fixing the computer!!

Had magic porridge again this morning but used a vanilla muller light, much nicer. I warmed it up and added raspberries and blueberries, yum yum yum :p

OMG - I'm over the moon. I've lost 2.5lbs this week which I'm shocked about! Well, actually 5.5lbs since mon but that was just bloating and water. I'm mainly chuffed that I'm now in the 11stones, woohoo, 11st13.5lbs!! :))))

Hi all I joined SW in may & did ok lost 16lbs then went on holiday in Aug & lost the plot ! Gained some weight back but need to get back on track before I'm back where I started ! So thought I'd go it alone mainly due to lack of cash & time plus I didn't always get my monies worth due to the class taking so long 2hrs + so only weighed in & left. When I saw this thread thought I'd love to join for some motivtion & advice which I've always got from all the lovely people on this forum. So here goes my WI day at group was thursday so thought I'd keep to that . My starting weight today is 12st 8.5lbs my goal is to be 10st for next summer so hope to lose 1-2lbs per week. So here goes ! x

katsmad64 said:
Hi all I joined SW in may & did ok lost 16lbs then went on holiday in Aug & lost the plot ! Gained some weight back but need to get back on track before I'm back where I started ! So thought I'd go it alone mainly due to lack of cash & time plus I didn't always get my monies worth due to the class taking so long 2hrs + so only weighed in & left. When I saw this thread thought I'd love to join for some motivtion & advice which I've always got from all the lovely people on this forum. So here goes my WI day at group was thursday so thought I'd keep to that . My starting weight today is 12st 8.5lbs my goal is to be 10st for next summer so hope to lose 1-2lbs per week. So here goes ! x

Welcome and hello! 1-2lbs per week is a really good target. Holidays do that to you, we've all been there. I don't believe anyone can be 100% for the rest of their life! We're a chatty bunch :)

Wooo welcome newbies :)

And yaaayyy on the loss Jen!! Bit jealous of everyone losing at the moment, though I know I could be too if I stuck to it properly. xx

Hello newbies, it's lovely here. Loads of support without having to sit through 2 hours in a drafty church hall :D

I'm away at the weekend again, another Folk festival, but at least I'll be dancing before the beer drinking starts in earnest. Staying in a B&B on saturday night so hopefully I can have a grilled rather than fried breakfast on sunday. I'm being super saintly with the syns before I go and hope to at least maintain this week, but a loss would be great. Really in to my soups, stews and curries just now. Must be the weather.
Depends how naughty I am :flirt2: he he.

Hmmmmm... Couscous for breakfast. I really struggle with breakfast. I don't like traditional porridge. I can't bear magic yukky muller porridge. I need quick and easy... So maybe this is the answer. How much and how do you do it? Water? I'm not entirely convinced tbh but I'm always up for giving things a go. X

And I wish I was going to a folk festival! Have a great time :)

GinMummy said:
Hmmmmm... Couscous for breakfast. I really struggle with breakfast. I don't like traditional porridge. I can't bear magic yukky muller porridge. I need quick and easy... So maybe this is the answer. How much and how do you do it? Water? I'm not entirely convinced tbh but I'm always up for giving things a go. X

Weetabix, special k, fruit n fibre, toast, scrambled egg??? Any good??

I hate muller sweet and sickly yogurts and struggle with most of the shape ones too, so I make Easiyo home made and then I can make it only as sweet as I want or have the plain and put my own fruit in. Much nicer and makes fab magic porridge with cinnamon and banana in or fresh raspberries and blueberries, yum!

Beans on toast, mushroom omelettes and fried egg butties all do it for me too.

Helloooo new peoples! Welcomes!

Wow Jen!! It's amazing when you get a nice surprise! I bet it's all your running love, it's pumped up your metabolism so even when you think your doing something wrong your body can process it all still :) I think that's what happened to me for Thailand. Although I NEED to start exercising! Getting very un-toned arms again. Eurgh!

I have had THE best first day with our pup! She's amazing! So clever I think I might have her housetrained already! So cute too, and laid back! Took a cheeky day off Uni as I didn't want to leave her alone on her first day but going back tomorrow. Oh my god I'm so in love with her, she's going to be the best dog ever, and the boys love her too, and she seems to love us! Yay!! Cats not convinced but he'll come round eventually (I hope!) been pretty off plan the last few weeks, kinda half doing it which is stupid. Fully expecting a few lbs gain back to what I was after Thailand tomorrow. Oh wellll xxx

Arrrr charl, daisy sounds lush, nice to have another girl in the house ha! It's great that she's taken to you all. Are you allowed to take her out yet? Am sure you'll get plenty of arrrs!!

Was totally shocked with the weight loss. But you're right, it's definitely the exercise. Making me think that once I'm happy with my weight I may be able to eat what I like (to a certain extent) as long as I keep on with the running/swimming, happy with that. Ideally want another 1.5stone off but we'll see, esp as christmas is looming! When I stopped exercise for 10 days I was really shocked at how squidgy I felt, can't believe how quickly you can loose your toneness (i know that's not a word!!) mainly round the tummy. Am worried if I loose too much weight I'm gonna have excess skin, esp where I had c-section. I don't want horrid loose bits, not sure if exercise alone will help! Anyway, enough of my morning rambles! Dropping the boys with their childminder in a bit then attempting a long run, we'll see how I get on.

Hope everyone is well, on plan or off plan but happy :))))

Good morning all. I went for my first run/ jog for about ten years last night, you may not think this is anything unusual but to my friends it would be very shocking!! Legs are a little stiff this morning but I'm determined to make an effort to keep it up and maybe try to throw in a bit of swimming. Biggest challene for me in wine and cider!! I've managed to abstain all week but the weekend is here and I fell my willpower may falter a little but I will try my best. xx

Back