DOING SW FROM HOME???

Ooooh look at all you guys with your brilliant losses! Well done girls! I hope I can join you with another pound or two lost tomorrow! Gutted that I didn't take my measurements before losing weight, so I have no idea how many inches I've lost, though I'm guessing it's quite a few! I will measure again soon to see how many I've lost since I last did them, though I'm sure it's not that much.

I've really been trying hard this week and most days my syns are around 8 or so, so I'm happy! Makes a big change from what I'm usually doing - trying my hardest to fit as much junk as possible into 15 syns haha!

Aw Michelle, sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment! The best thing I can say is just make a lot of yummy meals from scratch, use your full 15 every day (even if you've just had an accidental blow out - move on and forget). Losing weight healthily and keeping it off takes time, there's no point trying to rush it :)

xx

I am sure you have lost some weight this week. Just do measurements from now on. I am gutted that, I cut head off a picture taken initially and now can't compare my face with then. The silly things we do eh!!!

Totally agree with not rushing the weight loss after all this is a lifetime eating plan rather than a fad diet. Also it is not a race. In my opinion the slower we lose, the longer we can maintain as our body gets used to eating normally and maintain it. It is so important to make meals from scratch as processed foods are not good for us as they have additives and other things.

Ooooh look at all you guys with your brilliant losses! Well done girls! I hope I can join you with another pound or two lost tomorrow! Gutted that I didn't take my measurements before losing weight, so I have no idea how many inches I've lost, though I'm guessing it's quite a few! I will measure again soon to see how many I've lost since I last did them, though I'm sure it's not that much.

I've really been trying hard this week and most days my syns are around 8 or so, so I'm happy! Makes a big change from what I'm usually doing - trying my hardest to fit as much junk as possible into 15 syns haha!

Aw Michelle, sorry to hear you're struggling at the moment! The best thing I can say is just make a lot of yummy meals from scratch, use your full 15 every day (even if you've just had an accidental blow out - move on and forget). Losing weight healthily and keeping it off takes time, there's no point trying to rush it :)

xx

thanks Laura, I think its because i went to new look and a few other places to get new jeans and nothing fitted me :(

Well done with all your losses today :)
I didnt take measurements of myself initially but i think i will start doing it this week and then i can see where i'm losing it from. Do you guys take your measurements weekly/monthly? I'm thinking monthly would be better to see changes?

Hi Guys, well I've had a weekend of loads of dancing and walking which was fab, but the downside was that I well and truly took a nosedive off the wagon. Beer, crisps, wine, chips, cheese and biscuits....need I go on? Ah well back on to it this week, but away again this weekend on a girlie wine-fuelled weekend. Just going to put on loads :(. Anyway, I'm trying to be super good until tomorrow evening when I leave.

Right then, chocolate treats ladies. I looked up the syns for you:
Cadburys Fabulous Fingers are 1 1/2 each, not too bad really
Cadburys choc full of pretzels are 8 1/2 for 37g and popcorn is 8 for 33g, not so good!

Well done with all your losses today :)
I didnt take measurements of myself initially but i think i will start doing it this week and then i can see where i'm losing it from. Do you guys take your measurements weekly/monthly? I'm thinking monthly would be better to see changes?

I normally take measurements and a photo on 26th of each month (when I started the plan). However, I have been a bit slack and this was the first time I took measurements since July.

Well dun every1 on your loses!! Inches and pounds!! Im still on my first week so not weighed yet but was wondering if using many of syns syns affect ur weight loss, i only reli use them for butter and mayo a day so wondered if it makes a difference in your loss? Do u still find u get a loss if u save them for a few days and have a day using 50 of u hav dinner out or anything? Thanks! These forums seem more help than classes!! Wish i joined one earlier ;-) x

Helen, thank you so much for finding the syns! I was oversynning them, so it's all good :D Try not to worry too much about all the treats, you probably will gain a little bit, but you'll just have to work extra hard when you're back to get it off :) Just have fun!!

Zoe, I use my syns weekly now - I'll have around 6-8 on weekdays and save the rest for my WI days - Fridays. That seems to be working for me, and I'm actually still getting losses by having Saturday as a day off!! Though I wouldn't recommend doing that as it's a bad habit haha xx

This is only my 3rd week of doing SW and so far i've only been using about 5 syns a day, some days i dont use them at all. Some say that if you use them you lose more weight but at the moment not using them is working for me - if i hit a plateau then i'll probably try using them. I dont go to meetings but i absolutely love these forums :)

Helen, thank you so much for finding the syns! I was oversynning them, so it's all good :D Try not to worry too much about all the treats, you probably will gain a little bit, but you'll just have to work extra hard when you're back to get it off :) Just have fun!!

Zoe, I use my syns weekly now - I'll have around 6-8 on weekdays and save the rest for my WI days - Fridays. That seems to be working for me, and I'm actually still getting losses by having Saturday as a day off!! Though I wouldn't recommend doing that as it's a bad habit haha xx

I weigh in on a saturday and have that as my 'day off' and its working for me too :)

Definitely eat your syns, as when you plateau you have nothing to cut down on, the diet is made that makes the 15 ok, so have them! Whether you save them up to have over the weekend of 10-15 each def def use them, wispa or twix ice creams are good, pretty sure they're 6syns and nice after dinner. But def use them. Xx

Thanks! its great im having 3 meals and snacks lol! Are the twix ice creams really 6? I luv ice crean in the evening but cornettoa are 10 in this book. You get more help on these forums than classes as seeing everyone lose is a great motivator! X

Mars Ice Cream Bar 51ml each 7 syns or 71ml each - 10 syns
Maltesers Ice Cream Bar, 45ml each - 5½ Syns
Walls Exotic or Smoothie Solero, each - 5 Syns
Walls Mini Calippo – 3½ Syns
Walls Mini Milk ice cream - 1½ Syns

Sorry Charl, can't find Twix ice creanm on the system, I can calculate it if you have the nutritional inormation off the packaging

Found a free ice cream recipe:
Stir 2 x 200g pots of Müllerlight (or other Free) yogurts and 1 x 500g pot fat free natural fromage frais together, sweeten to taste with artificial sweetener and pop in a freezer-proof tub.
Place in the freezer and lightly whip approximately every 30 minutes to break down any ice crystals that are forming. Your ice cream should be ready in a couple of hours.

Hi Ladies

Looking for a bit of advice really - before starting Slimming World on Monday I hadn't really eaten bread regularly since starting CC back in January 2012.

Now, because I'm doing EE I know that every meal must be made up of at least 1/3 superfree and of course I need to squeeze in HexA and B somewhere too. Therefore, as I don't really like fruit I concluded that I would have 2 slices of wholemeal bread for my breakfast with various superfree options, etc.

However, have read quuuuite a few posts on this website about the downsides of eating bread and slow losses, etc. A fellow SW'er colleague of mine has also said that cutting out bread altogether was the best thing that she has ever done.

I didn't eat bread before, really wouldn't miss it now and would happily eat the superfree things on their own for brekkie!? But I need my HExB? Do I?? I can't make my cereal 1/3 superfree so feel really stuck???? Has anyone struggled losing with bread, not had any problems??? xx

You could eat a banana or apple and then have the cereal :) or tip some frozen berries overt the cereal :) x

Yea, I mainly have porridge or weetabix with added raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, sometimes banana. I have bread as a hexb but if not, I eat alpen light bars. You need your hexb for fibre, so try and fit it in. I do red so 2 hexb's but if ee just have cereal and fruit so you don't need the bread.

:)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

I really aren't a fan of fruit....this is why I'm struggling and feel lumbered with the bread, does that make sense? :( x

Just started doing slimming world from home this week, although I do ok with online stuff I have a bit of a social-phobia so going to meetings seems like a nightmare to me at the moment. Really happy to find online support here :) I'm doing it with my husband and we both have a lot to lose- we decided to try the extra easy first because its gonna fit in well with feeding the kids too and I think I'm going to find it a lot easier to stick to for the long-haul (and its going to be a very long haul lol). I've never really tried dieting properly before, always told myself I was happy as a 'big girl' but I've realised I don't want to keep getting bigger.

I've spent the first couple of days wondering if it was really gonna work because everything we've eaten this week has been so delicious- had roast chicken with sw roast potatoes and roast veggies last night and it was just as good as it usually is (without all the extra fat/calories) :D Loving these forums so far- so much information and so many friendly people :)

Definitely eat your syns, as when you plateau you have nothing to cut down on, the diet is made that makes the 15 ok, so have them! Whether you save them up to have over the weekend of 10-15 each def def use them, wispa or twix ice creams are good, pretty sure they're 6syns and nice after dinner. But def use them. Xx

To be fair at the end of my first week and the end of my second week i went out drinking with my friends so chances are i used all my syns those days that i hadnt used in the week! It'll be the end of my third week this week. My friends SW advisor (she goes to meetings) told her to have between 5 and 15, you dont have to have them all? But you're right that if you dont use them then theres nothing to cut back on.

Just started doing slimming world from home this week, although I do ok with online stuff I have a bit of a social-phobia so going to meetings seems like a nightmare to me at the moment. Really happy to find online support here :) I'm doing it with my husband and we both have a lot to lose- we decided to try the extra easy first because its gonna fit in well with feeding the kids too and I think I'm going to find it a lot easier to stick to for the long-haul (and its going to be a very long haul lol). I've never really tried dieting properly before, always told myself I was happy as a 'big girl' but I've realised I don't want to keep getting bigger.

I've spent the first couple of days wondering if it was really gonna work because everything we've eaten this week has been so delicious- had roast chicken with sw roast potatoes and roast veggies last night and it was just as good as it usually is (without all the extra fat/calories) :D Loving these forums so far- so much information and so many friendly people :)

Welcome :) everyone on here is so friendly. I'm in my 3rd week of SW and loving it. Well done for getting on board, you'll be surprised at how the weight drops off. I looked at the inspirational pictures and it really helped me to see just how good SW is. Good luck on your journey x

Hi Ladies

Looking for a bit of advice really - before starting Slimming World on Monday I hadn't really eaten bread regularly since starting CC back in January 2012.

Now, because I'm doing EE I know that every meal must be made up of at least 1/3 superfree and of course I need to squeeze in HexA and B somewhere too. Therefore, as I don't really like fruit I concluded that I would have 2 slices of wholemeal bread for my breakfast with various superfree options, etc.

However, have read quuuuite a few posts on this website about the downsides of eating bread and slow losses, etc. A fellow SW'er colleague of mine has also said that cutting out bread altogether was the best thing that she has ever done.

I didn't eat bread before, really wouldn't miss it now and would happily eat the superfree things on their own for brekkie!? But I need my HExB? Do I?? I can't make my cereal 1/3 superfree so feel really stuck???? Has anyone struggled losing with bread, not had any problems??? xx

You can use Extra Virgin Olive Oil as your HexB - One tablespoon. I use this if i dont fancy weetabix for breakfast, instead i'll have a 0syn yoghurt and some fruit. x

Back