DOING SW FROM HOME???

Think I might actually be a baking genius... Pumpkin bread is DEEEELISH! 3.5 syns a slice, thank you very much! Haha, the success is going to my head :p I love changing recipes to suit SW, but it's always a gamble with baking as it's a science and all the proportions need to be right!

Oh no... I've been invited to an interview/assessment for krispy kreme! and on the assessment you leave with a box of 6 original glazed doughnuts :'(
I'll have to give them away, imagine working there it would be pure torture!

The glazed are something like 12 syns (I think!) I will go and double check now, so keep one or two back for yourself! Sounds like a brilliantly tempting oppurtunity haha!

Nurtitional info on Krispy Kreme website says 200 cals in a glazed ring donut so 20 cals = 1 syn so 10 syns for a glazed :)

thanks for that :)
Well I can save my self and have one of them that's pretty good actually ..
I love krispy kreme's so much !

Evening all, just had a yummy tea. Laura, you are a cooking queen!! Have you got a pic?

I did 25mins of biggest loser dvd tonight and feel so much better for it! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

I've only had a Krispy creme once ever and it was amazing, they've opened a drive thru where I live now, thank god I don't drive!!

Laura, so curious about your bread!? Xx

I have indeed got a picture! Was going to save it for my blog, but you guys probably wouldn't see that so here it is :D (The scores in it were to make sure I portioned it right to work out the syns!)
Pumpkin Bread.jpg

It's definitely sweet, but not overly so which is why I'm stuck between calling it cake and calling it bread haha! I reckon it's a good cake substitute, though I also think it'd taste good dipped in some butternut or pumpkin soup too :D

Ok, here it is! :)

Ingredients:

13oz self raising (58.5 syns)
6oz EL butter or margarine, softened (21 syns)
4oz sugar (22 syns)
2 large eggs
¼ tsp salt
1 lb plain cooked pumpkin
1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 ½ tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp mixed spice

Method:
1. Spray and line loaf tins and preheat oven to 165C.
2. Cream the butter, sugar and eggs with an electric mixer until it’s light and fluffy.
3. Add the salt and spices and mix well, scraping down the sides.
4. Add alternate amounts of pumpkin and flour mixing thoroughly and remembering to scrape down the sides of the bowl to catch the pockets of flour.
5. Pour into the loaf tins until they’re 2/3 full and spread out from the middle.
6. Bake until a toothpick comes out clean (around an hour, but keep an eye on it).

Ok, cheers me dear. I have 4 butternut squashes to use up first lol they were 50p so bought lots!

TinselAngel said:
Thanks - the damage is 13 st 1 lb
That's without clothes so I am probably exactly the same now as when I went to WW 7 years ago

So - mini goal # 1 : get to 12 st10 which is a stone above a healthy bmi
Hi all weighed in this morning 12.12 and a quarter. Really pleased after my 22 syn maccys slipup last weekend. I feel like I am back in the losing weight 'Zone' again for the first time in two years. Good luck to other Thursday weighers

Well done :) good feeling the zone! Enjoy it!

Ive been awake since 4 with the pup, so so tired as didn't even get to sleep til half 12. Ugh! Can't be bothered with Uni but I really should go. Xx

Well done on the loss, just 1/2lb for me this week, totm so hopefully that's why!

What's up with daisy hun? Can you have a sneaky duvet day? Just reading my good food magazine, so many lovely christmas ideas in here, a lot of non sw friendly meals tho! :)

Well done on the losses girls :)

Ooh Jen you read good food too! My mum has pretty much every one dating back to 2002 do I have been going through all the Christmas ones haha! X

Back