DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi guys!! Hope you all had a great xmas! Hazelnutz im sure you can do it! Think positive things and positive things will happen!! Well thats what my boss says lol. and well done kitkat! I hope I get a great result like that on Monday, but somehow I doubt it because I totally pigged out xmas day and I had pizza hut today :eek: whooops! But if I can STS ill be happy! Hope the rest of you are A O.K!
x

Welcome hazelnutz :)

I've completely gone off the deep end dieting wise - more syns than I could count!! What with being so ill as well as it being Christmas I just haven't had the willpower...

Saying that...

I lost 4lbs over Christmas and am now at target...?!?!?! Not sure what to make of that...

I'm weighing tomorrow and think I might cry! Off plan for a week can only mean a gain, fingers crossed its only a couple of pound. Eek.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi all! I was 2lbs away from target and now I reckon I'm 2 stone!! I feel so huge and bloated, eaten so much crap and still can't stop myself :-( I need to chuck it all but hubby won't let me. Diet starts 1st Jan, I've done it before so can do it again. I started the year wanting to loose 5 stone so now starting next year wanting to loose 2 stone.

Well done Laura! As horrid as illness is, it's kind to the scales!! Amazing being at target, go you.

Fingers crossed for wi tonianne, don't beat yourself up with a gain tho, it is christmas after all!

I need to get my arse out on a run. Gonna sign up for a half marathon to keep me motivated!

Anyone got exciting new year plans? I'm actually off work but no idea what to do as no babysitters.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Hi guys!

I'm Amii, I've been on SW before and planning on going back in January. I'd rather do it from home as I don't like the leader & I'm rarely home (with work) to go to the classes. I lost almost 2 stone earlier this year. I'm going to weigh in in the morning and see where I'm starting from. Hopefully I won't have too much to go. I want to be 9 stone 8 lbs at the moment but of course that could change the closer I get to target. I was 10 stone 4 lbs last time I weighed myself, so I'm praying it's not too much more!

From 09:00 on 1st January to 23:59 on 31st January I'm becoming a DryAthlete for Cancer Research & giving up all alcohol. I lost my Mum to cancer in June this year so it's a charity very close to my heart.
If any of you would like to sponser me, even the tiniest amount (50p is wonderful) I'd be ever so grateful. I know this time of year is hard seeing as we've just had Christmas but I couldn't resist when it's something that's really affected me this year.
Thank you.

https://www.justgiving.com/dryathlete-toni-anne-mitchell/

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Tonianne, 3lbs is nothing and you'll shift that very quickly, well done for it only being a small one! Apparently, the average person gains 2kg (4lbs) over Christmas so you're below the average :)

Trying to convince myself to get back to eating healthily soon, even if just for the fact that it's making me feel crap not to! I don't want to gain now I've got to 11st :p I have my new George Foreman from Christmas as well as the Actifry we got just before so I can make myself even yummier foods meaning I'll be less likely to just give up! Have been so ill so haven't used the George Foreman yet but can't wait :D - might marinade some veggies in some of my new Nando's hot marinade and grill them!! Yum!

Hope everyone's doing well and recovering from all the over-indulgences :) x

Hey everyone,
I'm really interested in trying out slimming world, as I've lost nearly 3stone on Weight watchers, but just completely given up, so I thought a new diet might help me get re-interested, but I'm a student and have no money so can't afford to pay the £20 a month for sw! I was wondering if you could tell me how it works, and how i get started? Like i know you get things called syns (?) and free food and stuff, but how do you calculate them, and how do i know how many i can have etc? I will really appreciate the help cus im desperate to start losing more weight, but money is soo tight :(

Hey everyone,
I'm really interested in trying out slimming world, as I've lost nearly 3stone on Weight watchers, but just completely given up, so I thought a new diet might help me get re-interested, but I'm a student and have no money so can't afford to pay the £20 a month for sw! I was wondering if you could tell me how it works, and how i get started? Like i know you get things called syns (?) and free food and stuff, but how do you calculate them, and how do i know how many i can have etc? I will really appreciate the help cus im desperate to start losing more weight, but money is soo tight :(

Hi Calirose, on Slimming World there is a list of free food that you can eat as much of until you are full. You get Healthy Extra Group A which you can choose two things from and it includes foods such as cheese and milk. Then there is Group B and again you choose two things and these are fibre rich foods such as wholemeal bread, alpen light bars.
You also can have up to 15 syns a day, it equates to 20 kcals per syn and you can use these on whatever food or drink you want.
You can choose to do red days and free food is things like lean meat and fish. Or green days and free food is potatoes, pasta etc.
There is also extra easy easy days where you can eat all free food from green and red days but you can only have one item from the healthy extra groups and you also have to have a minimum of 1/3 superfree foods with every meal which is certain vegetables, salad etc that are very low calorie.
You can choose to stick to one of the plans all the time or change each day.
It seems complicated at first but you soon get the hang of it.

Thanks for the info! So on green days I can have two items for HEX A and B? I thought it was just 1 from 1 and 2 from another kinda thing, like 3 in total, or is it 4? Also if Im doing a green day should I still have 1/3 plate superfoods or do I not have to? :) Sorry for all the questions, just wanna know as much as possible before I start tomorrow! :) Thank you!!

Thanks for the info! So on green days I can have two items for HEX A and B? I thought it was just 1 from 1 and 2 from another kinda thing, like 3 in total, or is it 4? Also if Im doing a green day should I still have 1/3 plate superfoods or do I not have to? :) Sorry for all the questions, just wanna know as much as possible before I start tomorrow! :) Thank you!!

On green days they say you can have up to two from Hex A (but you are allowed to have just one) but from Hex B they say you must have two items.
You don't need to have 1/3 superfree foods on a green day (or red day) that is just if you do an extra easy day.

Hello!!
i have decided that I am going back on slimming world! I gave up smoking after 20 years last jan and have put in 3 stone :-( I am going to one meeting to get all the books and stuff then I would like to go it alone! I am a teacher and my time is precious and scarce!! I was hoping that this thread could kind of be my group?? I cannot fail this time. I have worked my ass off and booked a surprise holiday to Florida for me and my daughter and I refuse to be Shamu the killer whales cousin!! So...what do you think!!! Can you help me do this?? Please? And in turn I will cajole, coax and encourage you all :) xx

Thanks for the info josie! Makes sense now!
Hey Emmalou, im just starting too, and im a trainee teacher, so understand the lack of time thing! Im sure if we cajole each other enough we can do it :) everyone here seems really nice! x

Hi emmalou, I am back on slimming world for the second time. I have always done it from home and have managed to be successful. I was a secondary school teacher during my first time on plan so remember well how going to meetings was not practical. I found it easy to stay motivated but the canteen food was never an option so I always had to take my own lunch.
People on here are very supportive and there is lots of great advice and recipes :)
I gained back all of the weight after I stopped the plan last time and restarted today. Part of the reason I quit last time was because I hated my teaching job, the school I worked at and became very depressed. So I made the change and left school teaching to deliver workplace diplomas which is much more my thing and I am now happy again which I think is important to success when dieting.
Good luck, just think how great you will feel on that beach each time you come close to eating something naughty and don't be afraid to use your syns for treats

Hi everyone

I'm 24 and have just reached the heaviest I've ever been, 14st 7lbs. I have recently changed jobs which means I'm now driving over 1,000 miles a week and staying in hotels at least two nights a week (dreaded room service!!!) and as if that's not tricky enough, I've just moved in with my boyfriend and so there has been a distinct lack of focus on diet and portion control!!!

At the end of the day I suppose those are just excuses or challenges, I really need to get myself into gear and get rid of this extra weight as its really starting to effect my self esteem and relationship. We're currently looking at holidays in February and nothing terrifies me more than the beach right now! I've had small success with SW in the past but have always lost focus after a few (albeit successful) weeks and now can't make it to classes due to a busy schedule but would like to think of you as some sort of electronic group that I can check in with and will hopefully convince me to stay on the straight and narrow!

Anyway, that's me! Nice to meet you.

Katie

Hey Katie! I think we all come here for the same thing, people to help and support and keep us going and interested when we want to quit..no one understands being on a diet more than those people that are on one, and have had weight issues! So im sure we can all be here to help you! :) Have u spoken to your bf about supporting u? I lost 3 stone nearly on weight watchers just after i moved in with my bf, cus he really supported me in not eating junk, not having too much and just going out on walks and stuff! If he will really support you i think that makes it easier :) But we are all here...im new to SW so wont be much help with the diet haha, but im sure the other people who have been doing it a while can fill you in on anything you need to know!! :) x

You all sound fab!! We can do this my lovelies, I'm sure if it!! I have started today, had my weetabix instead of a croissant :-( lol. I am just using my old book till I can go to a group next week and get the new books. Then we will all kick some ass!!! :-D xxx

I started today to Emma!! I have an asda shop coming, so had to use some of my syns for shreddies. (about 8 shreddies for 28g :( ) but hopefully my food will come soonish and I can do a nice soup or something! :D Its nice to have someone starting at the same time! Are you gunna weigh in on sunday mornings then before you start your next week so to speak? I hope i can lose something!! :) x

Back