DOING SW FROM HOME???

Laura thanks forthe heads up on pg371 I'd missed it..

ABout going to SW to just purely get the books, do you have to then cancel your membership immediately?

When I used to go to WW ladies who hadn't turned up for weeks to WI were expected to pay for the weeks they didn't attend before they were allowed into the meeting, I don't want SW hunting me down, just found out there is a meeting tonight at the local church New Group apparantly

For example, snacks are 400 calories for 100g, so for 50g that would be 200 calories and 25g 100 calories, which is 5 syns as 20 calories =
1 syn. Does that make sense?

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Ooohhhh... So 20 calories = 1 syn regardless of the type on food? Good to know

Laura thanks forthe heads up on pg371 I'd missed it..

ABout going to SW to just purely get the books, do you have to then cancel your membership immediately?

When I used to go to WW ladies who hadn't turned up for weeks to WI were expected to pay for the weeks they didn't attend before they were allowed into the meeting, I don't want SW hunting me down, just found out there is a meeting tonight at the local church New Group apparantly

:O I hope thats not the case! I've been to slimming world in the past and once only attended 4 meetings, never heard anything back from them, didn't cancel my membership or anything?! Does anyone else know about this? I was planning to use my voucher to join tomorrow but don't want to be "tied in". I don't ever remember signing a "contract" though so surely anyone can leave as and when they please?

Ahh well my voucher throught the door says I have to buy a 12 week countdown course and I get free membership and pay for 10 weeks... Guessing there are all sorts of vouchers around

Hi, I was also a bit miffed to find out it was the online membership! But I've just found the £10 off voucher in "Woman" magazine! It's the latest one, i got it today at my local co op! Main photo on it is is Pauline Quirke and Linda Robson, also a little pic of simon cowell in top left corner! It was only 95p so I'm saving myself 9.05 really!! Im joining tomorrow just to get the books, no intentions of going back! :p

So is that basically no joining fee? Just 4.95 for the session? (And 95p magazine obviously!)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

When I went the class if u just never turned up for WI you still had to pay the following week you returned so unless you really couldn't make it I used to go an earlier or later class etc or your just paying them £4.95 anyway to not be weighed! If you tell then you want weeks holiday (u get 6) then they don't charge you.
Before I left i told my SW consultant as she was lovely and is still my friend on FB. I reckon they know most people will be doing the go to get the books then don't go back but I'd send the consultant a text to be safe that next time u go you don't get over charged! X

I understood it was to do with commitment too…
You get the 6 'pay holidays' for sessions you can't make, but I think if you just stopped turning up, after 6 weeks (counting the holidays) I guess you'd probably have to pay the rejoin fee again.

oh well I may just stick to this at home for now then I really haven't got the enegy to worry about it at the moment.. Wonder if I can sneak in as she sets up amd have a quick look at her books:giggle:

So if I just go tonight, get the books and never go again I don't have to worry about them chasing me down haha?

I`m not gonna worry about turning up just for the books. They must realise that a lot of people will do that.
They`re hoping a percentage will stay.

Don`t think there`s much chance of sneaking a peek at the books while the consultant is setting up.
They`ve usually got their eyes open for unfamiliar faces!! :)

This avatar thing sounds very complicated, I think I'll just keep posting nonsense till I get to 50 lol

You won't get "chased". You my get a text or a note encouraging you to return, but i wouldn't stress over it. If you just want the books then go for it|!

Oh well off to make the man v food style burgers totally forgot I was going to make my own chips so need to get my ass in gear now.... I'm starving again after having lunch early might have apot of bbq beans or some sweetcorn in mayo.. with it

My downfall is making the kids tea, always picking from their plates. So tonight I cooked a small tuna steak and dipped it in soy sauce. That's ok right? Will have my tea later with hubby. On a red day.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

The tuna should be ok. But I was under the impression that even though we have free and super free food that doesn`t mean grazing all day. Can someone put me right please!

Yep, I pick at smoked salmon and its not really made me not loss or anything :) It's so much easier when you all eat together, I used to be the same when the boys were little but now they eat the same as us, much more diet friendly! X

Back