DOING SW FROM HOME???

I'm going alone too. Have done for about 8 years. Started going to class, went for about a year (maybe a bit less) we had the whole change venue, change consultant three or four times and I didn't like the last one I went to very much so I just didn't go back. Started at 10 stone 3 went down to 9 stone at class. Currently weigh slightly over 9 stone. I haven't been over 9 and a 1/2 stone since class.
I do think about it occasionally but spend the money on something yummy and syn free (tropical fruit or similar).

Charl how did you get around the coconut milk?

I got the peanut curry from Pete`s recipes in the Slimming World winter warmers section. It`s then on page 29. He`s done so many recipes that he`s got an index for them on page 60 of that thread

Charl how did you get around the coconut milk?

I just massively reduced it, I used 200mls with 300mls vege stock instead, the thai red curry sauce I use is mae ploy, its lush, 1.5syns per tbsp and sooo nice, really spicy and full of flavour so I only needed 2tbsp rather than the 4 they suggest, which the supermarket ones sometimes lack a bit. Instead of brown sugar use 1tsp of palm sugar as for a 4 person meal its negligible syns, its not syn free or anything, but its amazing, like restaurant thai food with LOADS less syns, so worth it. I posted it for Jen on my diary thread what I did if you want to see how I altered it if you want to have a look, just fry stuff in fry light instead of oil. hmm thats it I think. ohhhh also use less peanut butter, I used 3tbsp, but I'd use 2 next time. Its 11syns for the whole dish I think I had about 1/3 and was super full, and satisfied, I did tweak and use peanut butter as a HexB for the day, rather than 15 peanuts which is the proper hexB. xx

Last edited:
I use diet coach pro. That has a panic button that you can hit for cravings countdowns. Plus you can set it to give you random or personalized inspirational quotes. Mine is set to go off probably every couple of hours. You can record your food and weight in it too although I don't.

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

I`m so extatatic I can hardly contain myself!!

Wi`d in Boots AND!!!

I`ve lost 5lb in ONE WEEK!!!

Making the peanut curry now!!

Well done Grannie. I am joining a group tomorrow and am very interested to see what they weigh me at. I weigh with the girls at work on a Thursday and have been very good since Thursday. I hope the scales aren't too different as I really need a boost to keep my motivation up. Night all. Be good and chat tomorrow x

Home from night shift and going to bed, night all! I so nearly fell asleep driving home, pretty scary!

Have a good day everyone :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Well done Grannie. I am joining a group tomorrow and am very interested to see what they weigh me at. I weigh with the girls at work on a Thursday and have been very good since Thursday. I hope the scales aren't too different as I really need a boost to keep my motivation up. Night all. Be good and chat tomorrow x

Dont worry if they don't just make a note of which scales weigh differently.. when I was at WW even though the scales were calibrated i presume to weigh the same they didn't when I compared my losses on my scales at home even allowing for thw differnce between my own and the WW ones, so don't be disheartened. There is a difference of seven pounds between my brother in laws scales and my own set believe it or not....

WI for me in a minute today, hoping for losses but I'm weighing in 2 days early as I want Saturday to be weigh in day, hoping it will keep me good on a Friday night, and give me more time on a Saturday to weigh myself properly and start taking some measurements each week.

When I weighed in at group Thursday it was an evening weigh which I hate and it showed me to be 3lbs heavier than my wi on the Saturday before! Just go by what you normally use and don't let it worry you x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I use diet coach pro. That has a panic button that you can hit for cravings countdowns. Plus you can set it to give you random or personalized inspirational quotes. Mine is set to go off probably every couple of hours. You can record your food and weight in it too although I don't.

Thanks I think I've got the free version, perhaps thats why the countdown thingy isn't working at the moment properly, trying to get me to shell out for the full version lol

Charl thats a thought I might put the app on my phone I've got it on my laptop and use it sometimes... I found if I used SW and CC I didn't seem to loose at all, I know what you mean about EE though I found I was eating too much cals and portion sizes were way out of control, I was eating packets of ready rice etc then when I actually looked at the packs they were to serve two people.... so it's great in that respect of keeping track of the amounts you are consuming

Feeling better today but that might be because I haven't had to shout at the kids yet hahaha

Just got backfrom my brisk walk. Feel good but it`s freezing cold outside.
Got the slow cooker out to do beef stew for dinner mmm...

Tonianne when in March is your birthday? Mine`s the 29th

Well done girls! Fab losses! Xx

Hi all - mind if I join?

Bit about me - I'm Kat, 28, married and I have 2 babies, my son was 2 in sept and my daughter is 6 months old.
Think I've tried every single diet going but started following SW roughly when I was pregnant with my daughter and it really helped me not to put on too much weight. I did really well after she was born and almost got to target but then christmas happened! Off the rails big time so now I'm back to square one! Have bought a 3 month online subscription but think I'm going to go it alone after that.
Weighed in this morning after my first week on plan and I've lost 1 1/2 lbs - very happy with that!
Would you say it's worth setting up a diary on here? Think it might help me stay on track but my paranoid side thinks no one will read it and it'll be just me wittering away to myself!
Anyway I've subscribed to this thread, looking forward to getting to know you all
Kat
X

Back