DOING SW FROM HOME???

hi all - i'm new to the site. :sign0144:
I'm doing SW EE at home too as I just can't commit to attending meetings every week.

Top tips greatly appreciated. Lunch and breakfast ideas too. I'm currently having muller light yogurts and fruit for breakfast and mugshots or salads for lunch but i'm rapidly getting bored and with this cold weather need something to cheer me up too!

The weather definitely makes for boredom and fedupness! I've sprained my ankle badly and there's been snow/ice on the ground here since sunday so i daren't go out. Feeling so cooped up. Roll on spring, something we can all look forward to :) I've been having mulletlite yoghurts for breakfast too but am getting a bit bored. Yesterday i got some All Bran chocolate crunch and Asda 55% fruit muesli and some almond milk ( i'm lactose intolerant). It was very nice and i was pleasantly suprised how yummy the all bran choc crunch was, i was expecting it to be yuk. BUT i was really dismayed at how little the amount is when you've weighed it out, in fact this morning i actually laughed at the All Bran it looked so pathetic in the bowl, lol. Soooo back to the drawing board for ideas i think. Also, my new partner is diabetic and he looked at the sugar content of the muesli and it was something phenomenal :-( so i'm only going to have it like once a week.

How about Sainsbury's Orchard Fruit Muesli? It's definitely less than 55% fruit, so the sugar content might be better suited to a diabetic? x

Afternoon all. Unofficial weigh in with the girls at work today and I have lost 7 pounds in 9 days. Well chuffed. Official SW group wi is Saturday morning. Hoping to lose a couple more pounds before then. Hope you are all having good days x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Afternoon all. Unofficial weigh in with the girls at work today and I have lost 7 pounds in 9 days. Well chuffed. Official SW group wi is Saturday morning. Hoping to lose a couple more pounds before then. Hope you are all having good days x

Wow!! That is just amazing! Well done :)

The weather definitely makes for boredom and fedupness! I've sprained my ankle badly and there's been snow/ice on the ground here since sunday so i daren't go out. Feeling so cooped up. Roll on spring, something we can all look forward to :) I've been having mulletlite yoghurts for breakfast too but am getting a bit bored. Yesterday i got some All Bran chocolate crunch and Asda 55% fruit muesli and some almond milk ( i'm lactose intolerant). It was very nice and i was pleasantly suprised how yummy the all bran choc crunch was, i was expecting it to be yuk. BUT i was really dismayed at how little the amount is when you've weighed it out, in fact this morning i actually laughed at the All Bran it looked so pathetic in the bowl, lol. Soooo back to the drawing board for ideas i think. Also, my new partner is diabetic and he looked at the sugar content of the muesli and it was something phenomenal :-( so i'm only going to have it like once a week.

Boo to your sprained ankle. I find that cereal leaves me even more hungry so only have it now and again. i'd love to do the syn free bacon and eggs but no time and usualy have my breakfast at work

Boo to your sprained ankle. I find that cereal leaves me even more hungry so only have it now and again. i'd love to do the syn free bacon and eggs but no time and usualy have my breakfast at work

Woke up this morning feeling like my ankle was on fire and itching like crazy, it appears i'm allergic to the neoprene the ankle support is made from, lol. I'm a veggie and never liked cooked breakfasts anyway. Tbh when i wake up i'm normally not in the mood for food at all, i just used to live on coffee for breakfast but SW has forced me to actually eat something! I'll keep a look out for ideas and if i come up with anything ingenious i'll let you know! Lol.

Ooh! I suppose an omelette is an option! With baked beans.... Yum :)

How about porridge with some of your hexa and water with frozen fruit and then add some sweetner. It keeps me going for a while.

Woke up this morning feeling like my ankle was on fire and itching like crazy, it appears i'm allergic to the neoprene the ankle support is made from, lol. I'm a veggie and never liked cooked breakfasts anyway. Tbh when i wake up i'm normally not in the mood for food at all, i just used to live on coffee for breakfast but SW has forced me to actually eat something! I'll keep a look out for ideas and if i come up with anything ingenious i'll let you know! Lol.

Ooh! I suppose an omelette is an option! With baked beans.... Yum :)

Scratch that idea for breakfast, much better for lunch for me i think. Will have to get used to the idea of eating cooked breakfast, lol

How about porridge with some of your hexa and water with frozen fruit and then add some sweetner. It keeps me going for a while.

I used to have those oats so simple sachets for lunch occasionally before i started SW but now i don't want to have them as my syns. Do you buy just plain old porridge oats?

Yeah I do. I ate the dorset ones but now they have syns. I find them good because you can bulk it out with fruit.

Yes, pasta n sauce hi veg are free :D Couldn't help but laugh at the lip sil snack haha! 2 is such a brilliant age, they do such hilarious things!

Feeling positive again this morning, so its all good!!

Glad you liked the bacon and cabbage idea haha... Was worried after I posted it that I sounded like a right lunatic! Really is lovely though :) Not sure what I'm eating today though just woke up and had breakfast at half 1!! Been feeling like the depression is sinking in again lately, but I know it's more feeling fed up at the unemployment situation - I really want this apprenticeship and until they pull their finger out and organise the next interview I feel like I may as well just sleep all day! Going too far now though and I'm literally wasting away the whole day in bed... Not healthy!

Off to think about food plans for the day/week :) x

Is the cabbage & bacon not an old Irish thing? My mum used to make it for us when we were wee - not had it in years so thanks for the reminder. Prob the reason you get all the brussels/bacon recipes at Xmas!!! Cabbage added to the shopping list!!!

Sorry you not feeling to good in the frame of mind, must be annoying that something is there for you but technicalities are holding you back. Get up & go for a nice wee walk, clear your head and help the body magic :)

Feel better xx

Scratch that idea for breakfast, much better for lunch for me i think. Will have to get used to the idea of eating cooked breakfast, lol

Does anyone know... I know that Sainsburys canned baked beans in tomato sauce are free on green but does that include Sainsburys Basics baked beans too?

Thats fab honey

Aww Laura hugs honey, I know how much depression knocks you down it took me years to face my doctor and admit I needed help, try and think positive

Hiya and welcome elles...

Ladies cabbage is on special offer at lidl this week after all the cabbage talk today ;)

Right wish me luck off to fillet my sea bass for tonights dinner, as I have a things about fish bones in cooked fish it might take me a while... tweezers and magnifying glass at the ready...

I used to have those oats so simple sachets for lunch occasionally before i started SW but now i don't want to have them as my syns. Do you buy just plain old porridge oats?

I buy plain oats, nothing fancy and add either frozen fruit or bananas and blueberries, a spoonful of smooth jam, porridge is one of my comfort foods

We've had some impressive losses this week! Well done icurez, how far from target are you?

Starting to feel really achy and fluey, hoping it's just from no sleep last night. Don't get sick pay at work and still in probationary period so don't want to be ill. Hubby and kids have all been sick this week tho :-( just have to muster thru 9.5hr shift tomorrow, that's if I can get thru the snow to work!

Hubby buying tea tonight so no idea how sw friendly it'll be!

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Li am super impressed that you're gonna fillet your own fish!!

Am sure basic range beans will be free too :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Back