DOING SW FROM HOME???

Just watching Sunday brunch on channel 4+1. They're making 'juicy Lucy' burgers in a mo, burgers with the cheese inside.

Oooh they had those on man v food and i had to make them for the kids theyre nice and sw friendly thats what i love about sw beefburgers with cheese inside on a diet

Hi guys. Just writing on here for a bit of support. Doing SW from home and started 2 weeks ago. Been pretty rubbish at it really and annoyed at myself. First week I struggled to stay within my syns allowance and only lost 0.6kg, then this week I planned all my meals and snacks and then ended up off work and on crutches after injuring my ankle. Being bored and feeling sorry for myself has resulted in me eating most of the leftover Xmas chocs in the house. Somehow I still managed to lose 0.6kgs again, but feel rubbish as I managed to lose 4kg in the first 2 weeks when I did it this time last year. Think I just need a good old moan and get it off my chest and refocus. I am still at home on crutches, but have gotten rid of the majority of bad snacks. Back to planning ahead I guess!

Hello, i can definitely sumpathise with the ankle bit! I fell down the stairs on New Years day and mine bent under me at a 90 degree angle... Mega ouch! I've sprained the same ankle about 30 times over the yrs and finally broke it in several places a couple of yrs ago and the consultant said it was only a matter of time till it snapped cos it's so weak now. It's still swollen and bruised and then i developed an allergy to the ankle support so it's red, burning and itchy too! Lol. Just daren't even try to go out while there's snow and ice on the ground ( we have about 4 inches of it) so have been sat at home reading and knitting and feeling peed off. I swear if Options hot chocolate hadn't been invented to keep me sane i'd have done the same as you and just eaten all the leftover chocolate, crisps etc left over from Christmas. I even have Christmas cake and Christmas pudding left over but i daren't even go there! Lol. Don't give up love, tomorrow is always another day and you can start to be good again and be proud of yourself ;-) x

Here is my cornish pasties with potato pastry - FREE on EE or Green with HEXB for mince beef

Gunna make these today...do I cook the patty 1st or bung the ingredients in then cook? Thanks!! X

anyone know what the alpro puddings are worth syn wise or is there anything in there like soya that's free??

Just had a look and most of the puddings range fom 5-6 syns.

Here is my cornish pasties with potato pastry - FREE on EE or Green with HEXB for mince beef

How do you make this please, I don't like mince but will try and make some with vegetables in them

Gunna make these today...do I cook the patty 1st or bung the ingredients in then cook? Thanks!! X

How do you make this please, I don't like mince but will try and make some with vegetables in them

You can make meat or vegetarian versions of it.

Cook some potatoes. Let them cool down then take skin off and grate on thin teeth of grater (I cooked 5 smallish ones for 2 pasties).

Add sal & pepper and knead into a dough
Divide into 2 balls . Pat each down a bit and put between 2 pieces of cling film or plastic bags. Roll them out with a rolling pin
put a saucer/bowl on it and with a knife cut around it to get the circle shape

For filing:
1/2 onion
garlic, chilli, diced carrots, garden peas and if you are making meat version then 85gr mince beef (HEXB) on Green, grated cheese (HEXA) optional, 1 beaten egg

Fry all ingrediants together (except egg). season to taste
Put some filling on the pastery - do not overfill as it will break. you have to peel the pastry off cling film very gently
Brush a little bit of egg on the edge of paster and fold over to cover the filling
Brush with egg and put in a hot oven 220 degrees for 20 minutes
I put them on those oven baskets you get and they did not stick. But if you do not have one of them then make sure your baking tray is frylighted.
You can turn them over and brush with egg again so both sides are golden
Best to eat them hot as they are nice and puffed up
Next time I might roll them in a bit of smash and see what happens.

Enjoy and let me know how you get on.

Wow, we've been a chatty lot again! Just read through all of it and well done to the 3 stone award Kellikins! And to Charl and Jen for getting back on plan :)

Day three back on plan for me (again!) and it's starting to feel a bit easier :) I still have the occasional sulk about not being able to have something like a bagel or something else equally stupid haha! But other than that it's going well :) I have lots more sushi to eat today which is good! I do love it and it means another meal I don'
t have to worry about :) Will get thinking about what to do for dinner! Thinking about making some of that syn free cream cheese today... Wish me luck! x

Ooh laura let me know how it turns out. I have my yoghurt waiting but i think itll freeze in my verandah lol

Well sunday now & after a disappinting STS i had my bad day & back on it 2day. Goin 2 try red days this wk 2 cut back on carbs but theyve nvr bn a problem b4. Had lot sweet stuff this wk which dont normally have. Will c how goes!! Dinner time x

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Right I've got the spuds boiling and I've made my filling (Quorn Mince, mixed veg & gravy quite thick not watery!) lets see how they turn out!! X

You can make meat or vegetarian versions of it.

Cook some potatoes. Let them cool down then take skin off and grate on thin teeth of grater (I cooked 5 smallish ones for 2 pasties).

Add sal & pepper and knead into a dough
Divide into 2 balls . Pat each down a bit and put between 2 pieces of cling film or plastic bags. Roll them out with a rolling pin
put a saucer/bowl on it and with a knife cut around it to get the circle shape

For filing:
1/2 onion
garlic, chilli, diced carrots, garden peas and if you are making meat version then 85gr mince beef (HEXB) on Green, grated cheese (HEXA) optional, 1 beaten egg

Fry all ingrediants together (except egg). season to taste
Put some filling on the pastery - do not overfill as it will break. you have to peel the pastry off cling film very gently
Brush a little bit of egg on the edge of paster and fold over to cover the filling
Brush with egg and put in a hot oven 220 degrees for 20 minutes
I put them on those oven baskets you get and they did not stick. But if you do not have one of them then make sure your baking tray is frylighted.
You can turn them over and brush with egg again so both sides are golden
Best to eat them hot as they are nice and puffed up
Next time I might roll them in a bit of smash and see what happens.

Enjoy and let me know how you get on.

Thank you.

I will try and make these on Friday, I will try it with smash I have got some in the cupboard. I'll let you know how I get on

Help! I've got a sudden urge for a Bacon sandwich... Today I'm trying to do EE..... I've used hexs already, but o was thinking I could syn 2 slices Warburtons wholemeal for 6syns...
Would I be able to make up my 1/3superfree with either a soup or salad starter?!
Sorry, still trying to get the hang of it! thx in advancex

Breakfast for wk - bacon/egg muffins

ForumRunner_20130120_172134.png

2moros lunch

ForumRunner_20130120_172239.png

Help! I've got a sudden urge for a Bacon sandwich... Today I'm trying to do EE..... I've used hexs already, but o was thinking I could syn 2 slices Warburtons wholemeal for 6syns...
Would I be able to make up my 1/3superfree with either a soup or salad starter?!
Yes salad would be fine or veg soup. Bread 2 skices from small loaf is 6 syns.

Yea, a big salad or sf soup would do it :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Just went out to assess the road situation for driving to work tomorrow. Our road is frozen solid. you have better chance of staying steady on an ice rink. cars parked on both sides of the road. Looked in other side roads that lead to the main road and they worse. Dreading it. If bad in the morning will go in 10-11 o'clock when it is not that busy on the roads and hopefully warmer so ice melts. I would have taken a bus or train but I work in the middle of nowhere and nothing goes there.

How is it by you.

2nites dinner Tamatar Murghi

ForumRunner_20130120_174636.png

Just went out to assess the road situation for driving to work tomorrow. Our road is frozen solid. you have better chance of staying steady on an ice rink. cars parked on both sides of the road. Looked in other side roads that lead to the main road and they worse. Dreading it. If bad in the morning will go in 10-11 o'clock when it is not that busy on the roads and hopefully warmer so ice melts. I would have taken a bus or train but I work in the middle of nowhere and nothing goes there.

How is it by you.

Oh God, hope you'll be ok love, will be thinking of you x

Still 4 inches of snow here and icy roads. I have to go out tomorrow as i have an appointment in the afternoon about 5 miles away. As i don't drive i'm going to have to try and find a bus, soooo not looking forward to stepping out with my dodgy ankle :-(

Back