DOING SW FROM HOME???

Sorry we have all bombarded you with our opinions. That goes to show how much we love our syns. Also not want any of our friends on here make the same mistakes as we have made (me).

Aww thank you hun. No, any advice is very gratefully received :) xx

Well I made the Cornish Pasty...and it turned out brilliantly!! And was very tasty!! Will deffo be making them again!!
I made 2 so having one for lunch tomorro with beans :D
Thanks for the recipe Rosielea!
I'd post a pic but I come on here on my iPhone so can't upload pics I don't think! X

2 post a pic u can either take a pic then upload that using the attchments button shown below message u r writing in. Then choose from gallery which should take u 2 ur gallery. Choose ur pic it will then upload & when 100% complete choose insert inline. Use ur back button 2 take u back 2 msg & ur pic should b there :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Charl, what's a vlcd? I think exercise ( or lack of it! ) hasn't helped me. I used to walk loads when my kids were young as i don't drive but since they've grown up and are living miles away with my ex hubby anyway i became a right couch potato! I'm glad you learnt about your eating habits and it was beneficial to you. I think sometimes we need to stop kidding ourselves and realise what exactly we're doing to our bodies xx

It's a very low calorie diet, meal replacement stuff, i was on about 550 cals a day. I started SW off and on for about 6 months gaining quite a lot of weight about a stone and a half over last Xmas then hit SW properly in feb but my losses were really slow and I was going to Thailand so was getting really anxious about my weight for that so decided to try one. I only did 4 weeks but it was really intense and very hard to stick to, but I did lost 18lbs and actually I taught me a lot about my eating habits and true hunger and very much about portion control. Really pleased I did it, but I wouldn't ever do it again now. I think I learnt what I needed to from it, and happily I've maintained the loss using SW (70/20 of the time) since. Still want to lose another stone and a half so just going to do SW properly now to get there, which now I understand about my portions and more how my body works I think I can do.

Phew sorry about that ramble! Jeeze u only asked what one was! Ha! X

It does slow down your loss if you dont have your syns i think. My friend who goes to a SW class used to have a glass of wine every night and binged on choc and went out and got drunk on a weekend. Since new year shes cut out alcohol and choc altogether and hasnt touched any since then but has STS since then too even though shes been eating really well. Her consultant said its because her body is used to having some syns from the wine and choc and cutting it out altogether puts the body into a kind of starvation mode and hangs onto body fat to keep you going. Like charl said your body does need some fat. If you dont fancy having a treat at the end of the day maybe cook some meals with oil (1 syn per tbsp) or have some extra bread or cheese and syn what you go over your HEXs. Thats the advice the consultant gave her

Just in case no one else picks up on this, oil is a huge SIX syns per Tbsp, not one, just so everyone doesn't run off pouring the stuff over everything haha!

Li your chocolate bread and butter pudding looked lovely and i think I'll try it tomorrow! Cornish pasties are sounding good too! Got lots of chicken wings in atm so am goingto make some sticky coke Bbq sauce tomorrow to roast them in to have with stir fry and noodles - really looking forward that! X

It's a very low calorie diet, meal replacement stuff, i was on about 550 cals a day. I started SW off and on for about 6 months gaining quite a lot of weight about a stone and a half over last Xmas then hit SW properly in feb but my losses were really slow and I was going to Thailand so was getting really anxious about my weight for that so decided to try one. I only did 4 weeks but it was really intense and very hard to stick to, but I did lost 18lbs and actually I taught me a lot about my eating habits and true hunger and very much about portion control. Really pleased I did it, but I wouldn't ever do it again now. I think I learnt what I needed to from it, and happily I've maintained the loss using SW (70/20 of the time) since. Still want to lose another stone and a half so just going to do SW properly now to get there, which now I understand about my portions and more how my body works I think I can do.

Phew sorry about that ramble! Jeeze u only asked what one was! Ha! X

Lol, no that's really interesting so thank you for sharing ;-) You touched on a very good point which is understanding how your body works, i think sometimes it's easy to forget how individual we are and what works brilliantly for one person might not work at all for us so we need to get to understand what OUR bodies need and don't need. Having said that i still think SW is a good diet for life as you said and should be applicable to most people and can be incorporated into family meals. Keep up the good work ;-) xx

Help!!!!! I am really struggling to get back on the wagon after christmas. I start off in the morning really motivated then start picking early evening. Or I have one good day then a bad one It doesn't help having both of the childrens birthday in the next 2 weeks. I managed to put on 7lbs over christmas and feel very blobby again.:cry:

Morning all!

Isn't it just freezzzing!!!!!!!! I'm in Ireland and the snow has just arrived so not looking forward to going out and about!

I really need a warm breakfast today so my h ex list says I can have 28g of ready Brek with one ryvita. But I'm wondering could I loose the ryvita and have more ready Brek??? I love it and just know 28g won't be enough for me!

4lbs off this week - hurrah! This is the difficult part though because I always get 'stuck' at this weight, so have to try extra hard this week...perhaps actually do some exercise!!! x

Go to Food Diary section of the forum and you can start one by I think a button on top left corner of the screen. Give it a title and start writing and posting it. Look forward to reading it.

Argh now i know why i dont drink on sw i just loose all control with chocolate. So much for flexi synning just on alcohol ill confess all in my diary. Be a good.reminder not to do it again to see it in black and white

Laura the choccie pud came out better than i thought it would ill post it here later

Good morning ladiessssss, Monday again, where has the weekend gone?! Just wondering if anyone knows how many Dark Rye Ryvita breads you can have as a HEXb? On the SW website it says 4 and I've always had 4 as a HEXb but my friend who goes to class said her consultant said you can have upto 7 as a HEXb, 7 seems alot though!

Thanks everyone. I have started my food diary in that section and called it "I Will find my feet" Happy to hear any advice on if I am going wrong

Good morning ladiessssss, Monday again, where has the weekend gone?! Just wondering if anyone knows how many Dark Rye Ryvita breads you can have as a HEXb? On the SW website it says 4 and I've always had 4 as a HEXb but my friend who goes to class said her consultant said you can have upto 7 as a HEXb, 7 seems alot though!

My book says 2 (speedy) or 4 :) definitely not 7!

I'm back :)

In a much better frame of mind & raring to go. Its absolutely freezing at work today, it snowed for 15 hours yesterday so we've got a few inches on the ground. Had a lovely warm breakfast of scrambled egg, beans and wm bread with a satsuma afterwards, all of which is keeping me going at the moment.

Theres far too much been going on that i've missed and im not sure i will ever catch up!

Yep 4 is fine as a hexB choice for Original or rye ones x

You just need to watch if you substitute other brands. I think asda ones were only 3 for a hex
I love my ryvita hexs theyre lovely with bacon lettuce and toms on them
Arghh last nights naughtiness cost me 75 syns! Wont be doing that again in a hurry no more rebelling. Question do i cut down my syns for the week or just start again and draw a line under it ive never flexisynned before and wont again as u obviously cant be trusted to stay within my set boundary

Back