DOING SW FROM HOME???

It's Scandinavian bran things, they look like weetabix haha! People eat them like ryvita with cheese and veg etc or bake into cakes (that's the most popular use as far as I can see!) you can buy them from health food stores like holland and barrett :)

Really? I thought you could only get them from SW classes! I am so going to raid Holland and Barratt!! Thanks hun x

Everything's sounding yummy! I've just had my dinner of grilled Nando's marinaded chicken fillet strips, chips actifried with a tbsp oil (Made 4 portions so 1/4HexB or 1.5 syns) and green beans! YUM :D

Welcome Wendy! Oh my gosh, you've lost a lot already this month! That's amazing :)

How do you do Nando`s chicken? I get bored with bland food.

Welcome Wendy!

Hi. Im a newbee online. Im doing sw at home after going to class for 1 year in 2009, i lost 2st. I felt it was rubbish when i only lost 1 or 2 pound a week and other people at group were losing 4 pound. I was sad.
I have put loads on since then. I started doing it at home and since. Jan 5th ive lost 15 pound. I am enjoying it better too.

Blimey! 15lb!!! That's amazing, well done.

How do you do Nando`s chicken? I get bored with bland food.

Welcome Wendy!

They sell the Nando's marinades and sauces at supermarkets :) I've got the hot marinade and the chip sprinkle and these make the perfect Nando's meal at home! Just marinate for between 15mins and overnight and grill or oven :) Yum!

FOUND IT on the slimming world site!! Its a recipe from MrsWiltscroft!!

Curly Wurly Scan Bran Cake:

Serves: 1
Prep time:
Cook time:
Syns per serving:

Green: 12
Original: 12
Extra Easy: 12

4 Scan Bran
2 eggs
3 or 4 tbsp sweetener (to taste)
1 sachet Belgian Choc Options
26g Curly Wurly bar

1. Soak the Scan Bran in boiling water to soften. Then drain and mash.
2. Beat the eggs and stir into mix, along with the sweetener and Belgian Choc Options
3. Chop the Curly Wurly into pieces and add to the mix
4. Pour the mixture into a microwavable bowl and cook for around 6 minutes. When cooked the cake will be springy to the touch and will have pulled away from the side.

Tip: Chef's tip: For those who don’t have a microwave, you can cook the cake on 200°C/Gas Mark 6 for approximately 30 minutes.

It's just 12 Syns for the whole cake and can be divided into as many slices as you like.

Think I might have to give this a try! I love cake and I love Curly wurlys, this is right up my street!!

I'm having some chickpea, mushroom and spinach curry that I dug out of the freezer, with some brown rice. Thinking of starting a diary on here, i currently write my foods in a notebook but i'm feeling inspired by Miss Peri! Does everyone feel that writing a diary helps them stay on track?? x

Summer I love my food diary, I put pics in and generally ramble about how I feel x

I'm having some chickpea, mushroom and spinach curry that I dug out of the freezer, with some brown rice. Thinking of starting a diary on here, i currently write my foods in a notebook but i'm feeling inspired by Miss Peri! Does everyone feel that writing a diary helps them stay on track?? x

Didn't see this until Charl replied, but I agree with her - it's a good place to just talk about your day as well as your food! I find my food diary keeps me on track as people ask what's going on if you've not posted in a few days and they give you even more support if you've had a bad day/congratulate you if you've had a good one! :) x

Wendy great losses already welcome to our little group

Curly wurly cakes sounds yummm

Ladies B&M are doing options banofee hot choc for 99p at the mo it is lovely, I wasn't sure but bought it and went back for a second jar today

Summer I love my diary too I've been putting in bad days too etc hopefully as it grows it will help me look back when I'm having bad days again. I must update the last two days...

Incurez going to try that choc pudding later, is it just literally options and an egg?

Laura I didn't know u had a food diary! I'll go subscribe :) xx

Day two back on plan I feel better when I'm on plan so have no idea why I rebel sometimes

Had homemade lasagne with salad tonight, used roasted peppers as my Lasagne sheets again, going to try using spinach next time

Had a huge long walk today in the snow, first time since before the op in Nov so I'm knackered now, walked into town got the shopping and then walked the long way home fully laden and did a leaflet drop for playgroup on the way there and back.. Nice to get out and about again but wished I'd remembered to use my walk app to see how far I actually walked..

Have a good evening ladies xx

Don't forget to share the link with us Summer so we can all pop over and say hi :) x

I'm gonna look for your diaries now girls lol

Just had my pork and cider, think I did it a bit too long as pork was a little crumbly but tasted lovely, thanks charl! At 9 syns today so that's pretty good. Still got hex's left too :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

OMG the chocolate pudding was lush and a huge hit with everyone. Thanks for that x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Really pleased you liked it :)

I've had diet coke chicken for the first time and yum! Cooked it with onions and red peppers and served with rice in a iceberg 'boat' I will definitely be making that one regularly :)

No syns yet today so might have a chocolate pudding myself too. Ruth x

does anyone have any ideas what i could have for breakfast, imagine i will get bored of having the same variation every day (weetabix & milk)

Back