DOING SW FROM HOME???

thank you Laura....really appreciate that. to be honest, i discovered his site when searching for syn values for foods. wow! what a fab site for info, and u all encourage each other too..thanks

Chloe do not give up and wait for tomorrow to see what the official scales say. Still if you have not lost by then, my suggestion would be a day off plan - do not go mad with food but eat a bit more and some fatty stuff too. I STS for 3 weeks in November and like you said frustrated as stuck to plan 100%. On the 3rd WI decided to have a couple of meals with fatty stuff and the weight started shiftine.

Also are you drinking enough water (fluids) specially during and after exercise. First couple of weeks of exercise can show a gain as the body holds on to water whilst fat is turning into muscles. The reason for drinking a lot of fluid is that the body feels fodded and flush out toxic/fluids out of body.

Good luck with WI and please do not give up.

Chloe do not give up and wait for tomorrow to see what the official scales say. Still if you have not lost by then, my suggestion would be a day off plan - do not go mad with food but eat a bit more and some fatty stuff too. I STS for 3 weeks in November and like you said frustrated as stuck to plan 100%. On the 3rd WI decided to have a couple of meals with fatty stuff and the weight started shiftine.

Also are you drinking enough water (fluids) specially during and after exercise. First couple of weeks of exercise can show a gain as the body holds on to water whilst fat is turning into muscles. The reason for drinking a lot of fluid is that the body feels fodded and flush out toxic/fluids out of body.

Good luck with WI and please do not give up.
Thank you for your kind words. This is one thing that I know I do not do and thats drink enough water, or liquids full stop! I never have done and its caused me to suffer dehydration and really bad headaches. I have been trying green tea to try and flush my system out but yeah I do need to drink more water. I've been off plan today so Im going to start again tomorrow, I wont give up because I know I can lose. I may try a different plan from EE. When I first started SW last year I did EE and didnt lose, then shifted to alternating between green and red plans, but more green, and began to lose so may try that

hi all. i've just started doing sw from home. I'm not working at mo until the kids are a bit older so will have to try and do this without the classes. Worst thing so far is the temptation to finish the kids food when they leave it!!!

Toni it's bascially sweet eggy bread with fruit and honey

2 wholemeal bread hex
egg whisked with a little milk from hex, vanilla essence you can add sweetner too if you want too

Dip both sides of the bread in the egg mix and dry fry in frylight until egg is cooked on each side.

Once cooked top with fruit whilst still warm (I use banana blueberries and strawberries as thats how they serve it in the resturant I have it in ) then drizzle with honey, I'm not keen on honey but it is nice with it so I only use 1tsp which is 1 syn

Thats it quick and easy and tasty doesn't feel like being on slimming world at all ;)

Omg I think I'm in love! I adore eggy bread so this will be lovely :D

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
maybe that's why I had a headache! maple syrup! I'd die, but then again I can't think of the last time I had some. At least I have the option to have it if I want it

Hello & welcome newbies!

Just had dinner of salmon, new potatoes & mixed veg. Very nice!

Stocked up on muller turkish delight, seem to have a real taste for it! mmmm....

Have resisted a sneaky peak at the scales - wi tomorrow!. Hoping for good results. My coat was very tight before Christmas and I couldn`t do up the belt. Two weeks ago I was able to do up the belt on the very last notch. When I went out earlier, I noticed my belt was loose on the last notch. I was able to move onto the next one!! Really pleased!!

Was going to have malteser "ice cream" with frozen fruit but that will have to wait. I have to seperate the eggs and whisk the whites. Just realised that I threw out my whisk as it was rusty. Forgot to get a new one so that will have to go one list!!:)

hi all. i've just started doing sw from home. I'm not working at mo until the kids are a bit older so will have to try and do this without the classes. Worst thing so far is the temptation to finish the kids food when they leave it!!!

Good luck!! How old are your kids? I've been doing SW for about a year and my boys are 5, and eat all the same SW food as me, I just bump up their calcium and bread, it's a pretty great diet for family cooking then u don't need to worry about picking from their plates :) x

thank you Laura....really appreciate that. to be honest, i discovered his site when searching for syn values for foods. wow! what a fab site for info, and u all encourage each other too..thanks

Welcome! J :) we're here to help if you need it. It's a fab plan really once you get stuck in x

Nvr had fry up, made up a pasta dish wi the sausages

ForumRunner_20130124_190113.png

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Why is it so hard to stick to plan when you're tired and stressed?!
Having a nightmare with my baby daughter and tummy troubles, bless her hate seeing her in pain and so upset. We were up from half 2 til 5 this morning, just got her off to sleep when hubby got in from work and that woke my son up - urgh!
DS has now decided he doesn't want a nap anymore which makes him so irritable and resulted in the mother of all tantrums and him refusing his dinner - something which he never does! Soooooooo stressful!
Anyway I have managed to stick to plan today and wanted to share my after dinner treat that really cheered me up - wispa ice cream, soooooo delicious for 6 syns!
Really proud that I haven't abandoned the whole diet today and I will not be reaching for the wine bottle tonight. And also this is the first week that I haven't hopped on the scales at all! So hopefully I'll have a nice surprise on the scales tomorrow! X

Why is it so hard to stick to plan when you're tired and stressed?!
Having a nightmare with my baby daughter and tummy troubles, bless her hate seeing her in pain and so upset. We were up from half 2 til 5 this morning, just got her off to sleep when hubby got in from work and that woke my son up - urgh!
DS has now decided he doesn't want a nap anymore which makes him so irritable and resulted in the mother of all tantrums and him refusing his dinner - something which he never does! Soooooooo stressful!
Anyway I have managed to stick to plan today and wanted to share my after dinner treat that really cheered me up - wispa ice cream, soooooo delicious for 6 syns!
Really proud that I haven't abandoned the whole diet today and I will not be reaching for the wine bottle tonight. And also this is the first week that I haven't hopped on the scales at all! So hopefully I'll have a nice surprise on the scales tomorrow! X

God love ya. Sounds like the day from hell hun. i on the other hand have had people wafting biscuits and chocolate in my face which was making me drool something chronic. think i am gonna invent a syn free pizza that tastes like dominos

Thank you for your kind words. This is one thing that I know I do not do and thats drink enough water, or liquids full stop! I never have done and its caused me to suffer dehydration and really bad headaches. I have been trying green tea to try and flush my system out but yeah I do need to drink more water. I've been off plan today so Im going to start again tomorrow, I wont give up because I know I can lose. I may try a different plan from EE. When I first started SW last year I did EE and didnt lose, then shifted to alternating between green and red plans, but more green, and began to lose so may try that

I'm the same :-( always forgetting to drink, but i remember yrs ago bumping into an old friend, she had lost loads of weight and looked amazing when i asked her secret she said i drink lots of water!

When i was at Asda i saw some teas that are supposed to help with slimming. The ones i got were by Dr Stuart, i got a slimming one and a detox one. Had a slimming one last night and enjoyed it as it had fennel in and i love fennel. I figured not only will it help me to drink more but hopefully the herbs in them may give things a kick start too ;-)

God love ya. Sounds like the day from hell hun. i on the other hand have had people wafting biscuits and chocolate in my face which was making me drool something chronic. think i am gonna invent a syn free pizza that tastes like dominos

Lol, can you patent it so we can all have some! :)

Hello Sara, welcome, hope you enjoy your time here :)

Hello Joelypops, welcome to you too. I did exactly the same, kept googling the syn values of things and the answers were always on this site so it seemed daft not to join and i think when you haven't got the advantage of talking to peeps in a group it's so nice to do it on here. AND you can chat on here any hour of the day which you can't in a group!

Has anyone had the quorn frozen chicken breasts? on the pack it says to cook them from frozen in a sauce, does anyone know if you can leave them to defrost and cook them that way? I presume you can, I want to grill them just plain without a sauce

Yes, i've cooked them like that before now

Back