DOING SW FROM HOME???

Starting to panic about next week's holiday. We're gonna be with my parents. They're insisting out every day. I have no idea how sw friendly the pubs will be.

Breakfast and tea will be ok as we will be doing it ourselves.

Cheesy tuna pasta bake from the booklet with this months mag! Very tasty, and I had with green bean and carrots, no way could I eat a quarter though!@

View attachment 77234

On another note, a friend gave me some Friendship cake mix which o felt obliged to accept... So its been growing for 10 days and I've had to bake it today!

View attachment 77235

I measured myself 25g for about 4syns.... Gonna have to freeze some and take some to coffee morning I think. I can't have it in the house!!

Help!

Well done on the mega loss Sara, I need to peek at your food diary if you have one!!

Thank You! Unfortunately I don't but will definitely have to start one :)

Just made the cod and cherry tomato sauce from this mths magazine. I had it with potato chips and veg. It was very nice actually!

image-3050979365.jpg

Well Done Sara!! Brilliant loss!!
I'm the same ive got a party on sat so trying to be good until sat then let me hair down!
Had a really good day today foodwise until I ate a cream cake my friend brought in for her birthday...it was a mini Victoria sponge cake tho...so a whopping 16.5 syns...not too bad but I had a piece of bread with my superfree soup at lunch so that's 21.5 syns for today!! :( have to have next to nothing now until sat so I can enjoy myself without worrying about my syns! But for me it seems to work best when I use all my syns so I'm going to! Ha! X

Thanks Tilly I'm over the moon, just not gonna be to disheartened if I don't do aswell next week!!! I deffo deserve to let my hair down after these last to weeks, and I intend to :) xx

Hi, I'm new, did SW some years ago and lost 3.5 stone but have since regained all if not more!! I've joined two SW classes in the past few months but I just can't do with all that sitting round and clapping! Sorry it's just not for me. I've got two children my son has just been one and my daughter is three in two weeks. I'd ideally like to lose some weight before we start trying for a third (and final) towards the middle/end of this year. I'd ideally like to lose four stone. I hope it's ok for me to join this thread? Look forward to getting to know everyone.
Helen x

Hi Helen, blimey you could be talking about me (apart from kids ages and trying for another). I've done well with SW in the past and now about the same weight as you and want to lose a good 3 stone or more, but can't abide the waiting around for about 60 people to be weighed and publicly praised (huge group) ! this forum is amazing and gives me all the support and info from the comfort of my own home at a time that suits me.

Welcome and enjoy. Michelle X

Last edited:
Starting to panic about next week's holiday. We're gonna be with my parents. They're insisting out every day. I have no idea how sw friendly the pubs will be.

Try to go for roast and no gravey, jacket potato with cheese or beans and something with salad. You'll be fine and enjoy it.

Hello, I joined the forums yonks ago and have never posted because everything I need to know is here! :D I've searched and found things so many times. So I guess you'd call me a newbie, dipping my toe in the water of posting!! I did a couple of groups a few years back and lost two stone but a relocation and a change of lifestyle meant it has gradually crept back on. I still remember red and green days but haven't learned Extra Easy, although I think I understand it from what I've gleaned here!

I'm a horse rider and had a nasty fall last May resulting in 6 fractured and displaced ribs and a damaged spleen. 4 days in hospital and they deemed me "not at risk of dying any more" and although the ribs are still healing (I'm 49 so no spring chicken!) they are a lot better. Consequently, I downsized my horse to a safe-as-houses pony and thus, I NEED to be weighing less. He carried me OK but just because he can, doesn't mean he should and he's been such a confidence-restorer for me, I feel that I owe it to him to lose weight.... as well as wanting to look and feel better personally.

Put on a pound. Ugh I need a kick up the back side it seems like I use little things as an excuse to not follow the plan properly.

Go for lots of walks and drink lots of water to fill you up, enjoy your holidays and you can get back on track when you get back. Most pubs will have carvery style food so just ask for the gravy on the side and fill up on the veg a lean meat, hope you have a great time

You could try to play safe with steak, fish, salads ask for the dressing on the side so you can add as much or little as you wish. Will your parents compromise and let you sort out dinner on at least a couple of nights?

Thanks for the replies peeps!

I`m sure that there will be carverys and other fairley safe stuff like steak and jacket potatoes I can choose. It`s just me panicking! You`d think at my age I wouldn`t panic about going away with my parents. They`re unlikely to let me cook dinner where we`re staying even though it`s self catering. They are getting on a bit now and as they are paying I sort of have to go with the flow. Think I`ll be eating roasts for the week!

I don`t begrudge them wanting to get away for a while. Mum was very poorly last year and spent months in hospital. They both need a break. Eating out is their way of putting the past few months behind them. Even though mum still has her foot in plaster!

I'm going mental! I was sure I just added an update to my food diary, but it's not there :confused: - unless I've added to the wrong thread. If you see a random update about what I've eaten today please ignore lol

I'm going mental! I was sure I just added an update to my food diary, but it's not there :confused: - unless I've added to the wrong thread. If you see a random update about what I've eaten today please ignore lol

You can click on your profile and see the threads you've posted to.. you might find it! Lol

Thanks for the replies peeps!

I`m sure that there will be carverys and other fairley safe stuff like steak and jacket potatoes I can choose. It`s just me panicking! You`d think at my age I wouldn`t panic about going away with my parents. They`re unlikely to let me cook dinner where we`re staying even though it`s self catering. They are getting on a bit now and as they are paying I sort of have to go with the flow. Think I`ll be eating roasts for the week!

I don`t begrudge them wanting to get away for a while. Mum was very poorly last year and spent months in hospital. They both need a break. Eating out is their way of putting the past few months behind them. Even though mum still has her foot in plaster!

Enjoy your time with them GA. Both mine have deterriated so much in the last year that holidays and meals out are just a memory.

Forgot to say my tea was very nice! We done the sticky 5-spice gammon recipe but with pork steaks and we made the sauce more saucy and had it with egg noodle and roasted veg! Mmm!

Sorry for too much info but me and mum are staying clear of cabbage for a few days...haha!!

X

Back