DOING SW FROM HOME???

Thanks Grannie, I don't feel quite so distraught after telling you guys (actually I do I'm just trying to pretend otherwise) lol

Hi every1 new to this forum just started my diet last week and only lost 2llbs any suggestions.

Hi Karen

Don't knock it, 2 lbs is a great loss. That's quite a chunk of fat gone forever :)

Help! I have 2 dilemmas today! The first and most important is that I found a grey hair!!!!! Aaaaahhhhhrrrrrr What do I do? Pull it out? Or reach for the hair dye? I've not dyed my hair for about 10 years as love my natural dark blonde but I've come over all vain at the thought of going grey, I'm only 33 :-(

Second is I had 2 slices of toast for breakfast in a garden centre cafe so now need to do a green day as having a mug shot for lunch. I usually do ee so need ideas for a yummy green day dinner that I can feed hubby with too. Also does anyone know how many syns the little servings of butter that come in individual pots are? I had 2.

Ruth x

Forgot to say I dyed my hair for more than 30 years in the attempt to cover them up. After a fortnight they were showing through again. About 3 years ago got totally fed up dying my hair, apart from it costing a fortune! Gave up and left my hair to it`s own devices! I`ve never had so many compliments from others about the colour. Wish I`d done it years ago, could`ve saved myself a lot of money!

Even hairdressers compliment me on my now totally natural white hair. And it doesn`t make me look 95! I may be GrannieAnnie (that`s cos I have 5 grandchildren!) But I`m only 52!

BTW, the photo is me aged 7!!

Hi I am new to this forum, haven't got a clue where to start etc but thought I would say Hi, I am doing Slimming World from home with my old book (I joined up and got pregnant) mainly sticking mainly to extra easy. I am in my 4th week and have lost 8lb so far. :sign0144:

I guess I'm doing ok then to find my first one at 33? It was a shock, ive never even thought about going grey b4 lol Your hairdresser sounds fab, I think I'll leave it alone for now and see how it goes. It's been a stressful year so ill blame that and not dare to think I'm getting older lol I'm a march baby too, the 7th, when's yours?

A fry up sounds perfect, it's making me hungry thinking about it. I can have some LM sausages with it too :)

You're definitely doing ok at 33! My hairdresser is amazing!! SHe has stopped doing all her clients as she has a new full time job elsewhere… but I have to insist she does mine! I only have to show her my crown after 10 wks and she won't let it go any longer!LOL .. mines 20th, just about in Pisces!

Yep, LM sausages too so yum! My beef in red wine is smelling amazing :) x

My Granny had totally white hair, and my Aunt has gone the same way (she is similar age GrannieA), and when its like that I think it looks stunning - its when you have these lightning wire-y things that have a mind of their own against darker hair, drives me mad!! LOL I embraced it for a while, and will again one day, but for now I quite enjoy my little pampering!

Hi every1 new to this forum just started my diet last week and only lost 2llbs any suggestions.
Welcome. 2 lbs is a very good loss. Please remember it happens gradually. Also do not compare your losses with others as each body works differently. Fill up on fruit & vegetables (superfree) and drink plenty of water. Good luck

Ruth and Grannie I enjoy your comments and make me smile reading your posts. It is lovely to go natural when the time comes. I have to just do my hairline the rest is intact and natural colour. My hair is frizzy and when it goes grey becomes like a wire mesh but once coloured it is soft again - strange.

After recommendations on here ive Just made a SW pizza using a weight watchers wrap for the base (5.5 syns) topped with tomato purée, ham, mushrooms, spring onions, cherry tomatoes and topped with my hea of cheese!
My god, it was amazing! I want another one!!!!!!

image-2145946760.jpg

You will have to post a pic of your slow cooker dinner, it certainly sounds yummy.

I'm just doing the school run then off to the supermarket to get all the bits I need for a massive SW fry up, really looking forward to it.

I could cope with beautiful silvery white hair like Granny but its the in between that I know I'm going to hate. I'm not terribly vain but I do wear make up and wash and blow dry my hair every day. Dam ageing process lol x

Hi Chatty ladies you don;t half natter lol

Back on plan yesterday and today, helps that I'm cooking meals from scratch that are tasty.... stuck for ideas for tonight thanks to hubs forgetting to buy the mince for tonights planned meal... SF chicken steaks for the kids and hubs just can't decide on whether to do something for myself with chicken or go for Quorn Sf style burger then what to put with it, I've already used my 1 hex so SW chips and bun are out of the running, I guess I could switch to green for a day and have the chips as at the moment I'm covered by all plans well apart from EE because of the bun, so much for planning eh lol oh and I forgot to pick up salad leaves yesterday arghh

Hope everyones good and well done to those who have lost this week... after my disaster of 4 days hoping for a STS if I'm lucky looks like I'll have to push back my first target date yet again *sigh*

Hi, don't be disheartened, 2lb is a great loss! This is what 1lb of fat looks like:

image-2878142878.jpg

You've lost 2 of those!! :)

Am currently trying to decide what cake to bake as we are celebrating my parents' birthdays tomorrow. Thinking of going for a chocolate cake with orange flavoured buttercream topped with Terrys Orange slices - I don't like chocolate cake so it would be perfect for me :) Dinner will be some pasta with some red pepper, spinach, mushrooms & tuna. Might throw a spoon of relish at 1 syn into it. And have it with some cauliflower & brocolli. Didn't get anything out for dinner as my daughter was supposed to be going to dance class, she has since informed me she's not going. Her class is on 5.30 to 7 so we usually have a quick pasta dinner when we get back from class.

well done on the losses and welcome to the newbies. I know one of you said you're in Cork, so am I, and I signed up to do SW online and now do it at home.

Just made some Houmus and it tastes lush. Here is the recipe

I used dried chickpeas - soaked for a couple hours and cooked, drained and left to cool down
you can use tinned, drain and wash
put in food processor with chopped garlic, salt & pepper and juice of a lemon. viz until turn into a paste
Add FF fromange fraise, total 0% or natural youghrt. Add a little bit and viz. you can add as much as you like (depending how thick you want it)
Taste delicious with crispbreads, as a dip with raw vegetables, with crisps or as a side dish
Add

Rosie I would normally but I'm short on time tonight, brownies run, playgroup paperwork etc, and then I'm stuck for ideas what to have with it otherwise on a red day.... the Quorn ones are yummy though plus only 2.5 syns so well worth it, will jazz it up with red onion and a little mayo and ketchup mixed together... wishing I'd got some gherkins in now...

That SF homemade chicken is goregous though I might make it over the weekend ....

Ruth and Grannie I enjoy your comments and make me smile reading your posts. It is lovely to go natural when the time comes. I have to just do my hairline the rest is intact and natural colour. My hair is frizzy and when it goes grey becomes like a wire mesh but once coloured it is soft again - strange.

I`ve gone the other way! When I coloured it, it was very dry and brittle. Now that it`s natural it`s in much better condition!

Mmm Rosielea I loved my homemade hummus! I did mine witha roasted red pepper wizzed in the mix! Mmm x

You will have to post a pic of your slow cooker dinner, it certainly sounds yummy.

I'm just doing the school run then off to the supermarket to get all the bits I need for a massive SW fry up, really looking forward to it.

I could cope with beautiful silvery white hair like Granny but its the in between that I know I'm going to hate. I'm not terribly vain but I do wear make up and wash and blow dry my hair every day. Dam ageing process lol x

My own granny always said that age was just a collection of numbers after your name! :)

Mmm Rosielea I loved my homemade hummus! I did mine witha roasted red pepper wizzed in the mix! Mmm x
Will try that next time. I might add some coriander and zest of Lemon to it.

I`ve gone the other way! When I coloured it, it was very dry and brittle. Now that it`s natural it`s in much better condition!
That goes to show how different we are. That is what I keep saying to people when they say they have not lost much weight yet someone else whom ate more than them lost loads - we are all unique (combination of genes, history, origins, etc)

Rosie I would normally but I'm short on time tonight, brownies run, playgroup paperwork etc, and then I'm stuck for ideas what to have with it otherwise on a red day.... the Quorn ones are yummy though plus only 2.5 syns so well worth it, will jazz it up with red onion and a little mayo and ketchup mixed together... wishing I'd got some gherkins in now...

That SF homemade chicken is goregous though I might make it over the weekend ....
I understand what you are saying. Running around and trying to feed a famiy is a nightmare. Enjoy your dinner.

Whooooa you girls can talk! Took ages to catch up on a day there!

Whoever put up the WW wrap pizza, thank you! I might have that for dinner. I also need to get my HexB in as well so i might try something like that except with a hex base, saving those syns! ;-)

Well done on the losses ladies. This wk was were I faltered the last time I did SW and i'm determined this time to not let it go the same way!

Back