DOING SW FROM HOME???

It is perfectly acceptable to use both as long as they are not given together. The latest NICE guidelines do not recommend this anymore and I think even NHS Direct don't advise the use of both. My youngest suffered with febrile convulsions as a baby/toddler and at the age of 6 now he is fine. Not had one for years. Just make sure they are given at least 20 minutes apart and don't exceed the daily allowance for either med. Also give him a big squeeze from all of us to help him get better soon x

Sent from my HTC Desire using MiniMins

Thank you, I appreciate all your support everyone xx

Initially you eat a lot as our brain is trained to go for it if it says "FREE" but gradually as you start losing your appetite will be curbed too. I have been following the plan about 14 months now and eating almost everything that I want - just using SW principles and avoid processed food and sweetners as much as I can (no mug shots, pasta & sauce and other things) and cook all my meals from scratch with plenty of fruit, veg and water. but when writing my diary cinvert it to SW. Lost almost 4.5 stone at an steady rate of 1 lbs a week. To me the slower you lose the longer you can maintain it. I must say my relationship with food has changed competely. I eat because i am hungry and not because manufacturers and retailers tempt me with special offers and advertising. Also I do some walking whenever I can - not one for heavy exercise as once again I believe if you do it at a steady rate it is much better for you. This is a lifestyle change. From your stats I can see that you are doing well. Best wishes.

Thank you for your best wishes... we are all in the same "boat" arent we but are so different in so many ways of tackling things... I used to be "an all or nothing" kind of person but as I have got older have had to slow down and pace myself. I am in not so much of a rush nowaways (I couldnt if I tried anyway) and I am happy doing it my way now with SW.. I do a bit of walking now too... I got a pedometer which would work if I wore it more, I keep forgetting - only once have I managed 10,000 steps and that was years ago!:)

Well done you on your weight loss... :superwoman:

feeling super good about the plan today, red week plan still going strong! Keeping everything crossed for a super good WI boost on friday I need one! Been bouncing around the 13st2 and 13st8 since september, I will be unbelievably thrilled when I finally get into the 12's! Although I am pretty happy my weight hasn't gone up, last winter i put on 1.5stone! so to even maintain (kinda) has been a good learning experience! Making hunters chicken for dinner, I've never had it before as I always though I hated BBQ sauce, but its actually pretty nice! Have 2 hexb's left so might have loads of wedges with it :)

Hope you're all having a nice day. xxx

Oh just read back on the thread, fevers and fits are terribly scary, Adam gets really bad croup even now he's 6 if he gets a cold it always flares back up. He can never breathe and goes the worst colour. With fevers I always give both but at 2 hour intervals, works the best for them I think xx

Hi All

I'm doing SW EE at home, I'm into my third week and all is going well. Lost 50 lbs on Atkins but needed a change, still have alot to lose. Anyone out there is a similar situations that would like to buddy up. I love the site but find it hard to make a connection with anyone as there are so many treads and converstations going on, and everyone seems to know everyone already, I really feel like the new girl in the playground with no friends :cry:ha ha

Polly

Hi Polly! Welcome aboard!
I found it really daunting on here to begin with, as there are so many people! I had been using the site for years for syn values, and decided to take the plunge and join in last month!Everyone is so helpful, and I have found having been on and off SW since I had my kids (i had previously been a member before them) I have been much more focussed since I have been using minis!
Sounds like you have done really well on Atkins, and good luck with your SW quest - hope it gives you new focus :)
Lou

Hi.

I've just started doing it myself from home yesterday. Got 3 stone to lose and done weightwatchers in the past - which did work for me but found it hard to stick to in the long run - so fingers crossed this will work!

Hi.

I've just started doing it myself from home yesterday. Got 3 stone to lose and done weightwatchers in the past - which did work for me but found it hard to stick to in the long run - so fingers crossed this will work!
Good luck! :)

This is a long shot i know but......

Does anyone have a subscription to the slimming world magazine on their iPad by any chance???

Hi Polly! Welcome aboard!
I found it really daunting on here to begin with, as there are so many people! I had been using the site for years for syn values, and decided to take the plunge and join in last month!Everyone is so helpful, and I have found having been on and off SW since I had my kids (i had previously been a member before them) I have been much more focussed since I have been using minis!
Sounds like you have done really well on Atkins, and good luck with your SW quest - hope it gives you new focus :)
Lou

Thanks Lou, I really must read the newbie posts and I will be more confident finding my way around the site. I find it really hard to remember what posts I've either commented on or wrote so I don't always see the replies.

Polly

Beat of luck to you too, hope we get some good results this week

PS sorry!! Welcome Polly and Sausage :) This thread is super good, these girls have helped me so much in the last year! xx

Right guys, maybe you can help me out. I gained a pound this week even though all I do is green and follow it 100% so I'm really at a loss as what is going on. I did manage to get my hands on a food directory and found out some of the syn values I've been given when I asked on here, are actually for EE days and not green only. I'm thinking some of this might be the issue.

The other thing that might be a possibility is the fact that during the first week I managed to have 113g of chicken a few times which were allowed in my green day hexb and I lost 3.5 lbs the first week, then I haven't had any meat in that portions since and I've gained and lost and gained and lost and gained. So I'm wondering if maybe doing EE for a few days will help increase the loss?

Any thoughts would be gratefully welcomed as I can't figure it out. My exercise level is maybe just increased a very little bit so I can't see that having anything to do with it. Answers on a post card!

Welcome to sausage and polly!

Not looking forward to WI tomorrow, havn't had too bad a week but had too many syns one day, done no excercise and it's * week for me :-/
Just home from work and now got to finish some stuff for Uni tomorrow, will be so glad once my courses are done!

Right guys, maybe you can help me out. I gained a pound this week even though all I do is green and follow it 100% so I'm really at a loss as what is going on. I did manage to get my hands on a food directory and found out some of the syn values I've been given when I asked on here, are actually for EE days and not green only. I'm thinking some of this might be the issue.

The other thing that might be a possibility is the fact that during the first week I managed to have 113g of chicken a few times which were allowed in my green day hexb and I lost 3.5 lbs the first week, then I haven't had any meat in that portions since and I've gained and lost and gained and lost and gained. So I'm wondering if maybe doing EE for a few days will help increase the loss?

Any thoughts would be gratefully welcomed as I can't figure it out. My exercise level is maybe just increased a very little bit so I can't see that having anything to do with it. Answers on a post card!

do you have a daily diary?

just wondered whether majority of you were doing ee, red, green or a mix of the three? i've been trying extra easy but dont think i'm always managing the 1/3 superfree and i miss having 2 hex b's.

Back