DOING SW FROM HOME???

I do and it works for me but you'd have to try it to see if it works as it doesn't for everyone. As long as your not going over 105 for the week it should be ok x

What are people views on saving syns throughout the week to use for being naughty at the weekend? Has anyone done this and still lost or is is generally a bad idea? X

I have done it before and still lost but its not recommended on a regular basis but its there so you can enjoy yourself. I would have a few syns during week say 5 each day so you still have 10 syns per day by weekend so that's 60-70 syns for alcohol etc lol. I tend to have a meal at home that's SW friendly then use my syns on the alcohol :D or if you have take out go for curries as chicken dhansak is 6.5 syns :D. Or a fish from chip shop with mushy peas but eat without batter :D

Most of all have fun this weekend and if u do go over just wake up Monday and start afresh :D

What are people views on saving syns throughout the week to use for being naughty at the weekend? Has anyone done this and still lost or is is generally a bad idea? X
In my opinion it is best to spread the syns throughout the week rather than piling it on at the weekend. If you pie it on at the weekend, the body feels that you are starving it during the week and keeps holding to it and your losses will slow down. Once in a while when you know there is a special event coming thn you can save your syns for then - I would not recommend doing it all the time.

Having said all this, each body works differently. Experiment and sww what is best for you.

I hardly ever use my syns, only about 2/3 a day if any so I then don't feel guilty if I go out drinking on a weekend.
If I have a big night out planned I try to do more
Exercise during the week to compensate for the extra calories.
It works for me, but give it a go and see.

I do mainly red now as EE and green both bloat me, if bf cooks I do EE, and at weekends.

100% on plan today, red day for me and eaten lots of sf so feeling good. Went for a massive shop and finally got some low low mature cheddar spread, it's so so good!! I never use all my hexA allowance so thought instead of using SYNS for butter, I'll use that! Can't actually wait for breakfast now! Cheesey toast, fried eggs and bacon! Yummmmm! Xx

Thanks for the replies think I'm going to try saving some syns for a bottle of wine on Saturday night. Planning on running again on thurs (ran 3.9k today yay!) and sat plus maybe a spinning class on Friday so hopefully this will help compensate for a few cheeky wines. Got to go to a friends for lunch on Saturday as well which may be a disaster food wise too eeek! I promised I would take scones with jam and clotted cream (was obsessed with these when pregnant-probably why I put on so much weight! Will be hard to resist! Ha!) Hope you're all having a nice evening x

Sounds a good plan with the wine lol If you get Cape Town wine that's quite low In calories so work out less syns per bottle :D If you keen on lambrini that's 12 syns for the whole bottle if you buy lambrini light. I buy that when I go to my friends and a bottle of diet lemonade. So I usually only use 6 syns as the lemonade makes It go further :D

Oh Also, I usually do weekly SYNS, I have about 5-8 midweek usually. Then can go crazy at weekends, well it's my WI Fridays so usually I'll use them all up then try and work it back. Not ideal but hey ho!

I got away with all kinds of non SW friendly foods and drinks when I was exercising loads last summer. Used to swim, shred about 3 times a week, and do free weights and lots of crunches every day. I didn't even gain weight on a 3 week holiday! I NEEEEED to get that motivation back! Xx

Hi Andi!
Yes our stats are similar too! Well I lost 1/2 stone on my own between April-July then went the class and lost another 1/2 stone between July-Sept but then had a few months off between Oct-Nov then 2 naughty weeks over Xmas so started up again 1st July. I'm not far off target now so not being as strict. I see it as a change of lifestyle rather than a diet so I'm still having things I fancy or have a night out as that's what life's all about not being strict 100% of the time! For me it's like 1lb loss a week and I'm happy anything else is a bonus and a gain or STS I know I've had a bad week enjoying myself!
Good Luck xx
thanks Tilly, if i could lose 1lb a week I'd be more than happy...thanks for reply huni xx

I never did it properly, I did a full week of level 1, lost 3lb and 6 inches that week! Unreal! Then I did it sporadically, and def def boosted me, I had really slow losses til i upped my fitness then was like 1.5-2lbs a week. Which is u do lose slowly is amazing! Plus I went away and gained no weight. I think that helped with that, as if I hadn't got myself fit before I went I reckon I would have gained loads. As I literally drank every day for 3 weeks and ate loads of amazing thai food and pizzas and huge breakfasts. I think that with the swimming and crunches really helped me. They say strength training is the best form of exercise you can do, I totally believe that, xx

Hey guys. I am planning on starting SW when my vlcd packs are finished. Just wondering what people find to be their average weight loss and how often they have sts weeks (I find sts weeks really demotivational). I would love to hear experiences of anyone else who moved from a vlcd to sw.

Hi there! Charl can help you, she did a vlcd last summer :)

My losses range from 1-5lbs a week, depends on if I do exercise or not. How much have you lost on the vlcd? I love sw and think it's a great longterm lifestyle change, if you're prepared to stick to it then it definitely works! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Hey girls...I gained 1/2lb so not a massive amount but I wasn't expecting a loss coz I've been naughty plus it's * week.
Here's to next week! I've got a night out on sat so I'm nervous about that but I'll just be good the rest of the week to try n compensate the syns!
Good Luck all x

1/2lb is nothing hun, you'll shake that off in no time! Looking like another sts for me this week, will see fri. Need to get my butt moving as that's what looses the lbs for me :)

Chicken curry for me tonight, want a really tasty one. Made a few which have just been spicy but not tasty if that makes sense. Have got chicken thighs, spinach, lf coconut milk so if anyone has a tasty recipe, let me know! :)

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins

Morning peeps, I have sts this week which I'm disappointed with... Food wise the same as any other week so had hoped for a loss. I've had to take more cocodamol this week than recent weeks though which is the only thing I can think is different.. it doesn't do my movements much good (tmi!)... Also maybe didn't have as much lemon water as usual.. Only thing I can think.. never mind, glad its maintain at least.. x

Last edited:
Another wee 3lb off and that was me being a dare devil and using my syns on a naughty happy meal on friday! Lol least I understand I can fit this diet in with my normal life instead of being very strict! That's me now lost 1stone 2lbs and this is week 5 :D. I totaly feel great,don't feel much diffrence, but now I no I can diet, and I no I'll never allow myself this big again, for me,for my son!can't wait to get further into my journey, its been so easy so far!:) xxx

Well done on all losses and STS. Also if you have put on don't worry just stick to the plan and it comes off next week.

One word that I like to recommend everyone to forget and not use is "DIET". lets call what we are doing a lifestyle plan. As soon as we mention the D word, our mind/body automatically thinks of starvation and not being able to eat. look at it this way on this plan we can eat everything mindfully and get in shape. we are all examples of the plan working very well.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Well done on all the results!

Yep I did a vlcd last summer, lost 18lbs in 4 weeks (including my refeed week) went on hol and managed to maintain, then came back and lost another 1/2 stone with SW but then got sick of always thinking so much about what I was eating so just tried to maintain really until now. Now I'm trying to get the last stone off. SW def works after a vlcd though, but maybe do red days as that's what I do, I couldn't eat too many carbs before the vlcd but now after it I don't lost weight when I eat them really. Although when I was maintaining i did EE mainly with a few of each other plan and weekends off. But yes, maybe do reds as I think it agrees with your body a bit more after a vlcd. I do know my appetite has gone down a lot since doing it. I used to graze loads and eat massive portions, but now I still weigh a lot of things, so I know even tho SW is 'as much as you want' I don't think that's really that sensible. Over eating is over eating whether its with free foods or not xxx

Back