DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi guys, I have decided to do SW from home after my packs are finished in about 5 weeks time. I know I'm planning in advance, but I'm interested as to what proportion of their syns most people use. Do people stick to the ten, use all 15 or try and use as few as possible? Thanks for your help in this.

Everyones different really. The recommendation is to use all syns so you don't feel you are missing treats etc. When I first started SW I was sticking to 5 a day but found I was not losing weight. After posting on here it was suggested I should up the daily syns, so I started having between 10 and 15 and that kick started my weight loss. Others will save their syns for the weekend or special occasion. It's about finding what works for you. :)

I tend to go with flow when using my syns and if I only use a few one day that's that or if I use them all the same. I do tend to keep them to a minimum if I go off track but I think most people do lol I use on average about 8-10 a day usually :D On average Ive lost 2lbs a week so far :D

I need to cook an easy, fail safe one pot dinner on Tuesday for 7 (5 of which are grown men!) ... Ive never found a sw casserole that isn't a bit too watery.. so I'm just not sure..

Does anyone have a tasty treat they can recommend that might work?

Thanks lovelies xx

I need to cook an easy, fail safe one pot dinner on Tuesday for 7 (5 of which are grown men!) ... Ive never found a sw casserole that isn't a bit too watery.. so I'm just not sure..

Does anyone have a tasty treat they can recommend that might work?

Thanks lovelies xx

Make a stew with stewing beef, throw in loads of veg. I use 2 beef stock cubes made up to 1litre to cover all ingredients then just chuck a whole stock cube and stir. Leave to cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 10 mins from end, chuck some gravy granules in (15 syns for whole stew if you add 4 heaped tbsps to every 300ml stock you have 12 tbsps all together).
Divide that by 7 of you and that's 2 syns each :D

Oh my god! What a weekend. A good friend got married this weekend and it was such a good day. Food wasn't all that which was a good thing as I really wanted to be good and stay as much on plan as I could so I didn't eat much but preceded to drink my own weight in vodka. I did try and rectify some of the damage by swimming 50 lengths this afternoon. Don't suppose the kebab I had for tea tonight will help much either. Don't think I best get on the scales in the morning lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I made SW Minestrone soup today with tons of veg some left over gammon and pasta shells, free on EE and I got 7 cups out of it so my freezer is well stocked

Make a stew with stewing beef, throw in loads of veg. I use 2 beef stock cubes made up to 1litre to cover all ingredients then just chuck a whole stock cube and stir. Leave to cook on low for 6-8 hours. About 10 mins from end, chuck some gravy granules in (15 syns for whole stew if you add 4 heaped tbsps to every 300ml stock you have 12 tbsps all together).
Divide that by 7 of you and that's 2 syns each :D

Doesn't sound too bad syn wise when you think of it that way :)

Been scouring recipes for something I could tweak... Couple of other options.. I love lasagne, so poss thinking of doing one and having a green day then using some cheese in it as my hex.... Rather than a sauce, then a big salad and the others can have garlic bread..
Or there's some moroccan chickpea options with cous cous... I'm getting all inspired!! Lol

I just can't seem to get into SW again properly, im 100% in the week and then just want my weekends free to do what I want, haven't had a drink but massive man v food pub burgers yday and some pizza, today has been ok apart from some carrot cake dan made. It was amazing! Meh! Sick of thinking about every single thing I consume all the time! X

Know what you mean hon, I don't care what people say about it not being a diet, but a way of life ... The fact remains that no matter how much free food I can have, how many syns I've got or how easy the plan is to follow, food is constantly something you have to think about. From the moment I wake up I'm having to think about food because I have to plan, and I get sick and tired of thinking about food, aaaagggghhhhhh !!!!! Lol X

Everyones different really. The recommendation is to use all syns so you don't feel you are missing treats etc. When I first started SW I was sticking to 5 a day but found I was not losing weight. After posting on here it was suggested I should up the daily syns, so I started having between 10 and 15 and that kick started my weight loss. Others will save their syns for the weekend or special occasion. It's about finding what works for you. :)
I tend to go with flow when using my syns and if I only use a few one day that's that or if I use them all the same. I do tend to keep them to a minimum if I go off track but I think most people do lol I use on average about 8-10 a day usually :D On average Ive lost 2lbs a week so far :D

Thanks guys. It seems counter-intuitive to consume more syns to lose weight - but lots of people seem to agree so there must be something in it. I guess you're right. I'll just have to go with the flow till I work out what's best for me. I wish I didn't have 5 weeks of packs left so I could start right now. The Scot in me won't let me chuck them out and they're past their best by date so I can't even give them away!

Hi guys, can I join you? Decided to start slimming world from home tomorrow as I need to loose weight for IVF. My nearest class is 45 min drive up the motorway at 8.30am on a Saturday so thinking I can do this on my own, hopefully with some tips and encouragement from minimins :) x

welcome :) you'll be amazed how ugh info and support you get here. Far more than at a class in my opinion. Good luck :) X

I wish I didn't have 5 weeks of packs left so I could start right now. The Scot in me won't let me chuck them out and they're past their best by date so I can't even give them away!
Im thinking I'm going to have to.stop till I empty my freezer I got given about 10lbs in meat a few months ago that is mostly fat and I need it out of my freezer before I can start cooking and storing healthy food. Hoping I can convince a shelter or orphanage to take it.

Hi all, I've decided to try doing sw at home. I used to go to classes and did lose weight, but stopped going because I didn't like the group leader and found that the "body magic" sessions were not for me, so I was just going to get weighed and coming straight out again. Needless to say I have put the weight back on so about 3 stone to lose. I am going to try and eat "proper" foods and not diet foods, so no diet drinks or low fat yoghurts such as muller, which I think are awful. If I syn them I should be allowed to have a proper yogjurt with milk in and no additives, and also proper butter on my toast, not those low fat spreads - sorry but I read the ingredients on everything and sometimes they make me cringe! Anyway, will see how it goes.

Hi guys, I'm back!

I had an amazing weekend, I haven't laughed so much in years and it was something I'll never forget!

Food wise i was very good but I did manage to drink my weight in vodka and wine haha! However the scales are only showing a 0.5lb gain and we did do a 6mile hike on Saturday which I think helped!

I then had the lovely suprise of coming home to find my 4 year old covered head to toe with chicken pox!!!

Back in the SW wagon today - I have my dress fitting a week tomorrow - I'm so nervous!!!!!!! Xx

Glad you had a fab time MissG!!

OMG, I can't stop eating today!!! Help me! So far I have only eaten free / hex food, and leftover homemade curry for 'lunch' - its not even 12 o'clock! I can only think its PMT, but I may have to go and blow a few sins on a pack of crisps or something for afternoon snack later. This is ridiculous!

Hope everyone having lovely day… I think I might be off out to get away from the fridge!

good afternoon all. had a crap weekend.. no electricity so had to stay at my ex's food wise i could have been better but at least no gain this morning... gonna walk to collect my daughter from school and then tomorrow a long walk on the beach...
food today a stew.. its freezing here.. and i'm having free soup now for lunch...
hope u all have a great day xx

I've been awful today as well -

Can't get back into it from my weekend away! Need a kick up the bum I think! Going food shopping later through which will be better once there's SW friendly things in the house! X

*sigh* messed up today had leftover of a takeaway only ate half but it was probably swimming in oil. *sigh* +10 syns. For cashews and 3 saltines. Not going to go bad even though I found gluten free chocolate digestives at the import shop (which I bought as will probably never e seen again) they are 2.5 syns each.

Weighed this morning and only put in 2 pounds over the weekend which I think was amazing. Swimming again today. Only 30 lengths as my eldest son was feeling poorly and didn't want to finish his lesson. Just wondering if anyone can answer a question for me. Does anyone know if the 1% fat milk is free and if not is it still the same amount for the hex a? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Evening ladies, well I did my first green day and loved it, after a year and a half on Atkins rice and pasta is heaven to me. planning a red day later in the week, hopefully I'll see good results.

Polly

Back