DOING SW FROM HOME???

Haha! I had come dine and now the football has come on, ugh! X

Football on here too thank god for my phone and cross stitch!

So glad that only my dad watches football, and he does that on his computer!! Can't stand it!

Loved the convos on here today - personally, I don't use MFP when I'm on SW! I feel it'll make me feel more deprived, or worry me I'm eating too much even if it's free/superfree! Totally get that it can help if you've plateaued with just SW though :)

Definitely going to give the 5:2 diet a try! Really sounds too good to be true but with so many people getting results and all the scientific facts behind it's worth a go! Going to plan to do it next week - I'll need to do it on a Monday and a Wednesday, I think... I've read that it's not good to have your fast days on the weekend as you're too tempted by bad things - sounds about right! Don't know how I'll get through a day of work with only 500 cals though :p

Hope everyone's doing well? x

Definitely going to give the 5:2 diet a try! Really sounds too good to be true but with so many people getting results and all the scientific facts behind it's worth a go! Going to plan to do it next week - I'll need to do it on a Monday and a Wednesday, I think... I've read that it's not good to have your fast days on the weekend as you're too tempted by bad things - sounds about right! Don't know how I'll get through a day of work with only 500 cals though :p

Hope everyone's doing well? x

I really want to try this. Is it restrict to 500 calories 2 days a week and eat as normal the other days? It has to be 2 days in a row I take it? xxx

I really want to try this. Is it restrict to 500 calories 2 days a week and eat as normal the other days? It has to be 2 days in a row I take it? xxx

Yeah, 2 days a week with only 500 calories and the rest of the week you can eat 'normally' - how much and what you eat on those days is up to you :) I think it's recommended to take the fast days seperately - i.e. not 2 days in a row. Not sure though, so perhaps a little bit of research is needed :)

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to this so I hope you don't mind me joining!

I have started SW online 18/2/13...12st 10.5lbs. I was delighted when i weighed in a week later to find I have lost 7lbs!!!!! I was over the moon to say the least and it gave me a huge boost to keep going but I weighed myself the next day in the same place (i know i shouldnt do it everyday!) but when i moved it to a different place on the carpet it, it said I was 12st 6.5lb. I was devastated! Don't get me wrong i would be delighted with a four pound weigh lost but just felt like a step back.

Has this happened to anyone else? My friend has advised my to make sure to weigh myself on a kitchen or wooden floor instead of carpet!

x

Yeah, 2 days a week with only 500 calories and the rest of the week you can eat 'normally' - how much and what you eat on those days is up to you :) I think it's recommended to take the fast days seperately - i.e. not 2 days in a row. Not sure though, so perhaps a little bit of research is needed :)

I've just checked and it does say separately. 500 calories sounds so little, my only worry is that it would trigger me to binge the next day. I've read amazing things about it though! x

Hi everyone, I'm a newbie to this so I hope you don't mind me joining!

I have started SW online 18/2/13...12st 10.5lbs. I was delighted when i weighed in a week later to find I have lost 7lbs!!!!! I was over the moon to say the least and it gave me a huge boost to keep going but I weighed myself the next day in the same place (i know i shouldnt do it everyday!) but when i moved it to a different place on the carpet it, it said I was 12st 6.5lb. I was devastated! Don't get me wrong i would be delighted with a four pound weigh lost but just felt like a step back.

Has this happened to anyone else? My friend has advised my to make sure to weigh myself on a kitchen or wooden floor instead of carpet!

x

The best thing to do is go to a machine at boots and then put your home scales on a flat surface (no carpet) wear the same clothes and make sure they read the same. Then you'll know your scales are precise, don't move them from the same spot either :) well done on a great loss! That's brilliant! X

Thank you! You have lost an amazing amount....I hope in a few months that will be me!!! :D Thank you for the advice i am going to do that!x

Aw thanks! I'm in a bit of a rut at the mo! Trying to get back into it but having good and bad days really! Just need to stop being a tool and get back on it! X

Well you have inspired me so keep up the good work!!!! :) x

How did you get on with the job hun? x

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins
Did not get that job as over qualified but they said they were impressed with me and might be abe to offer me something else but when is the question.

How did you get on?.

Last edited:
Loving the banter tonight ladies, who would've thought three little letters, MFP, would cause such debate!

Lol

it wasn't the MFP that got me to going about SW it was the 5:2 fasting diet!

i tried it last year, it why I came back to SW. 500 cals a day is so little, I used to do Monday and Thursday, but ended up binging on the non fast days as I was so hungry, I once fainted on a fast day too!

i bit of a debate is always heathy. Lol

Mfp has definitely helped me. I am following a sw diet but calorie counting too. After 6 weeks staying the same I did less then a week of calorie counting too and lost 3 pounds. I did go to a friends wedding this weekend and put 2 back on but got straight back on it again Monday and have lost that 2 pounds already x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am going to try doing it from home - my husband is very good and keeping me on the straight and narrow so this may be my time. I hope so as I am 40 in August and really want to look nice

Hi Girls just had my WI and i have lost another 3.5lb :) :) :) Only another 2lb to go to get my 2 Stone!!! Off out with through girls Sunday for Mothers day so will have to be extra good the rest of the week if i want to get my 2 Stone :)

1/4 gain for me this week! Not bad considering! Need to get my ass back into it or ill put it all back on again and have to take my stickie awards off my signature which I don't want to do!!
Were getting a new kitchen so our house is like a bombsite so will start properly next week once it's fitted and ready to use but I'll try n be good when I can!
We put an offer in on a house last thurs and were told yesterday it had been rejected so we put the full asking price in (only £5000 more than our offer) and the vendor wants to consider his options as a few people are due to see it this week so I guess it's a waiting game and if it's meant to be it's meant to be!
Fingers crossed tho as we really like it and it's close to my sisters!! x

Back