DOING SW FROM HOME???

So I've heard about this 5:2 diet before and not really given it much thought- until you guys started talking about it the other day! I've now read the book watched the horizon program and managed to convince the other half to partake (in 5 years of me dieting he has never been enthusiastic!) I'm making it a bit easier and fasting from 6pm one evening to 6pm the next so that no day goes without a decent meal - got lots on this weekend that will involve eating out and wine so hoping that it really will compensate for being a bit naughty! Will keep you posted. Hope you are all having a good day x x

glad to see another fellow 5:2er! Im on my second fasting day today, and i feel really great! not really thought about food much today but then again i have been super busy! I would defo recommend doing your fasting days on days you know your going to be busy as your less likely to think about food! Plus ive been chewing gum and having mints and topping up on plenty of water!! Looking forward to see how much i have lost on Monday!

Oh god i've had a really bad last few days home life has been all unsettled due to illnesses and yesterday very stressful at work. Think i'm going to have to just draw a line, be good for the next 3 days and pray for a sts :(

Can I ask those doing 5:2 a quick question?

When you`re on a calorie restricted day, what do you eat?

Thinking about giving it a go next month. This month is too busy. Birthdays, anniversary, Mother`s Day and Easter getting in the way!!

Have people had good results doing 5:2?

Have you been stoking to SW plan for 5 and 500cals for 2?

Thinking of giving it a go but wondering how effective it is.

I've only just started so will let you know this time next week. I've only been doin 24 hour fasts so far (6pm to 6pm) to ease myself into it gonna do the full amount from Sunday. Not actually made any 500kcal meals yet I've just been snacking on a couple of bananas and blueberries to get me through til tea time. Got a meal out 2moro night and other things on thus weekend so hoping it will make a difference. Recipes I've read about suggest scrambled eggs and smoked salmon for breakfast and then stir fry veg with garlic soy sauce and chilli for tea. Think I'm going to save 400 for teatime and use the other 100 to snack little bits throughout the day. Will update next week and let you know how it's working out (I'm starving now and only had tea a few hours ago haha:)

They suggest smoked salmon?? That's strange as its actually pretty high cals wise, I can def think of more substantial things to get me through a fast day than using a chunk of cals on not very filling smoked salmon!

I used to have quorn a lot on fast days as you get more for the cals than meat.

2 boiled eggs for breakie, usually a salad, and some quorn and stir fry veg for dinner.

Thanks everyone xx

Miserable day, weatherwise here. Just walked the boys to the dentist, now we're all sat under blankets on the sofa :)

Planned for cheese roll and salad for lunch but might make my roll into a pizza to warm myself up!

Grannie, you'll get back on it. There's a few of us struggling right now! xx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using MiniMins
It was foggy by Servern bridge when I came out of work. Felt like winter. Yum yum to pizza

Well done on the job Jen!!! Made up for u!!!
I've been terrible diet wise :(
x

They suggest smoked salmon?? That's strange as its actually pretty high cals wise, I can def think of more substantial things to get me through a fast day than using a chunk of cals on not very filling smoked salmon!

I used to have quorn a lot on fast days as you get more for the cals than meat.

2 boiled eggs for breakie, usually a salad, and some quorn and stir fry veg for dinner.

A patient of mine suggested porridge for breakfast, a slim soup for lunch and a salad for tea. Don't know if that is any help to you x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

TIRED!! Henry has the nasty sickness bug so was up most the night with him, poor little mite :-( I've got night shift tonight and tomorrow tho, so by tomorrow morning would have had 4hrs sleep in 48hrs :-(

I just know my food will suffer now!

Can I ask those doing 5:2 a quick question?

When you`re on a calorie restricted day, what do you eat?

Thinking about giving it a go next month. This month is too busy. Birthdays, anniversary, Mother`s Day and Easter getting in the way!!

Have people had good results doing 5:2?

Have you been stoking to SW plan for 5 and 500cals for 2?

Thinking of giving it a go but wondering how effective it is.

I've completed my 2 fast days this week, and even though its not my WI day im already showing a 3lb loss. I havnt found it hard at all, i think it just takes a bit of getting used to. The book says it will take about 2-4 fast days to actually get used to it! I dont eat nothing throughout the day and then in the evening i will have a 500 calorie meal, which is really good, yesterday i had 4 quorn sausages, mccain chips and a bag of steamed veg with some light mayo, and i was super stuffffed!!! If you want to eat throught the day you can, you could skip breakfast or have some berries (lower in cal) have some soup for lunch, and then you could have something like scrambled egg on toast in the evening! There are quite a few things you can have, just stick for super low cal options! I prefer not eating throughout the day and then having a huge meal, because i can have a bigger portion, and because it will be thereabouts 24 hours of no eating, so acts as a proper fast.

Monday is my official WI so will feed back how much i lost - baring in mind im a 0.5 - 1lb a week loser!

p.s if I eat a whole meal in the evening after not eating the whole day, i can even have a SW friendly meal :)

You fasting ladies planning on doing this 5:2 diet long term or just to get a bit of weight off? I always worry that I'd put loads of weight on once you stop and back to sw? Just wondering really.....

I've been researching into it today and i've decided that i AM going to give it a go from next week. I think i can do it and i'm struggling to do SW properly at the moment so maybe this will sort me out a bit. The way i'm going to do it is fast on a monday and a friday (i was initially going to do it on my day off but then decided that if i have nothing to do i'll be thinking about food all day and probably fail!) and then the other days i will be eating the SW way. My breakfasts/lunches are all SW friendly at the moment, my failure tends to be dinner (which actually is normal sw friendly, its the bits i add to it that aren't like garlic bread!) and i end up snacking like i used to in my pre-SW days. This needs to be kerbed big time and fast because its what got me into this trouble in the first place!
I've looked into low calorie foods and meals, i'm not 100% sure yet how im going to space out my 500cals but this is something i'm going to research over the next couple of days and make a decision by sunday evening. I don't think i could go the whole day without eating something, but without trying this i don't know.
I just think that i've read so much good about it that i would like to try it for myself. It's 24 hours at a time - people do total fasts for the same amount of time for charity and fundraising so i'm sure i can do this with 500cals. I do like a little challenge too :) And i was talking to Laura today and i really just need a kick up the bottom to get me back into losing weigh - i seem to have lost my way.
I know there are mixed opinions on here about 5:2 so i'm not sure how much i will be on here in relation to my eating, although i will be keeping up my food diary on here, but i'll definitely be checking in to see how you're all doing! I'll then give an overview next week. I'm going to start this tomorrow with 2 'normal days' for the weekend, then the plan is: Mon - Fast, Tues, Wed, Thurs - Normal Days, Fri - Fast.

I'm going to start on Monday too Toni as Mon is my WI.
Fingers crossed it works and we could maybe help each other out.

Back