DOING SW FROM HOME???

Has anyone started watching or previously watched Secret Eaters? This is an amazing programme showing you how easy it is to put on weight & not realise why - until the secret cameras give it all up!!!

Hi all!
Thought I introduce myself...I have previously been a group member and reached target, but have since moved abroad, and put back on some of the weight. So today I started up again, from home, with only the resources available to me on Minimins and in my SW book. This time I even got my hubby to start with me, so hopefully we can push each other :D

I like being on a forum, so will hopefully be active here on Minimins.

See you around!

Evening all, and welcome to all the newbies.

Jen let us know how the rice dish turns out. I'm still kinda scared of rice as i was on Atkins for a year and half and couldn't eat it and I'm finding it hard to get my head around being able to eat it again lol!

Not sure how to start a food diary so thought I'd list what I ate today and you could all tell me if it sounds ok.

Breakfast: Strawberries, blueberries and blackberries with fat free yogurt and 20g of bran flakes

Lunch : SW Ham and minestrone soup free with 3 tbls of parmasean cheese 3 syns

Dinner: Chicken and bacon, (lean only) salad with tomatoes, scallions, peppers mango and a natural yogurt dressing

Snack: fruit salad with pineappple, melon and pear

Drinks: 3 teas with skimmed milk, coke zero and water with sugar free cordial

I'm doing EE and reckon its only 3 syns for the cheese, unless you tell me otherwise. Dont think I will be eating anything else tonight.

Thanks for reading and feel free to comment

Polly

Does anyone know how many syns are in a whole or even just a triangle of toblerone? Really fancy some and would like to know the sun value before I make my hubby go out for one x

Does anyone know how many syns are in a whole or even just a triangle of toblerone? Really fancy some and would like to know the sun value before I make my hubby go out for one x

50g bar is about 13 syns. Not sure how big that is tho.

Evening all, and welcome to all the newbies.

Jen let us know how the rice dish turns out. I'm still kinda scared of rice as i was on Atkins for a year and half and couldn't eat it and I'm finding it hard to get my head around being able to eat it again lol!

Not sure how to start a food diary so thought I'd list what I ate today and you could all tell me if it sounds ok.

Breakfast: Strawberries, blueberries and blackberries with fat free yogurt and 20g of bran flakes

Lunch : SW Ham and minestrone soup free with 3 tbls of parmasean cheese 3 syns

Dinner: Chicken and bacon, (lean only) salad with tomatoes, scallions, peppers mango and a natural yogurt dressing

Snack: fruit salad with pineappple, melon and pear

Drinks: 3 teas with skimmed milk, coke zero and water with sugar free cordial

I'm doing EE and reckon its only 3 syns for the cheese, unless you tell me otherwise. Dont think I will be eating anything else tonight.

Thanks for reading and feel free to comment

Polly

Hi Polly. It does not look like you have had an HEx A with your meals. If you want to save syns you are allowed 30g Parmesan & unless books have changed in the new year you can have 35g bran flakes for HEx B. that's what I can see, others may say different. Apart from that food looks good :)

Hi Polly. It does not look like you have had an HEx A with your meals. If you want to save syns you are allowed 30g Parmesan & unless books have changed in the new year you can have 35g bran flakes for HEx B. that's what I can see, others may say different. Apart from that food looks good :)

So I guess i didn't really use any syns then, was going to have a couple of crackers with my soup at lunch but got distracted and forgot!!! Still fell quite full so not going to use any syns just for the sake of it. Might give me a good kick start!

hi everyone,i jolned this site last year and have always read the comments especially on this thread but havn.t really joined in with the chats! Motivations back 2 100 % now finally got my head in a place i wanna be. Need 2 lose a stone ish an keep it off 4 gud. Hopefully with every1,s support i can do it this! :)

hi everyone,i jolned this site last year and have always read the comments especially on this thread but havn.t really joined in with the chats! Motivations back 2 100 % now finally got my head in a place i wanna be. Need 2 lose a stone ish an keep it off 4 gud. Hopefully with every1,s support i can do it this! :)

Morning Sarah. You can definitely do this. We all can. I have found the support on here amazing. Good luck xxx

Finally worked out how to do this from my phone lol! I like a non stir fry. Rice cooked with shredded cabbage, spring onions, peas, sweetcorn etc then made a sauce from veg stock with soy sauce, fish sauce, can add chilli and ginget. Filling and yummy :)

Well I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch. Mixed some chicken tikka with sour cream and put on a roll with Blue Cheese Triangle and a nice change to Mug Shots all the time. Rolls for the rest of the week :)

I am so tired today, my cat thinks that it is OK to start prowling at 4am, love her to bits but some mornings I could choke her!! The other one quite happily stays in her bed until I am out the shower then proceeds to want cuddles and wrap herself round my legs or jump onto the dresser and swiping anything off it that can move!!!

Well I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch. Mixed some chicken tikka with sour cream and put on a roll with Blue Cheese Triangle and a nice change to Mug Shots all the time. Rolls for the rest of the week :)

I am so tired today, my cat thinks that it is OK to start prowling at 4am, love her to bits but some mornings I could choke her!! The other one quite happily stays in her bed until I am out the shower then proceeds to want cuddles and wrap herself round my legs or jump onto the dresser and swiping anything off it that can move!!!

Sounds a lot like my children lol x x

I am thrilled this morning with 2.5lb off today having spent a month pretty much gaining (2lb)or maintaining!
So I've got off what I put on, and another 0.5 :) Hurray!
I think I've finally got into routine with medication and my body is used to it now... Feels like the jump start I need!
Thank you all for just being here to motivate.. :)

Back