DOING SW FROM HOME???

I'm just wanting to say hello and hope to get a bit of advice. I started SW in feb 2011 (going to class) and managed to lose almost 3.5st. I stayed wih it for about a year and a half and finally stopped going to class about a year ago. This was a big decision for me as i had been a part of the social team, met some good friends etc but I just felt that the plan wasn't foe me anymore. I convinced myself I could carry on with the weight loss, and I planned to calorie count. Anyway to cut a long story short in the past year I have (a bit half-heartedly and unsuccessfully) tried a few different things ....and managed to put 1st back on:cry:! I've come to the conclusion that going back to SW is the only thing that's going to work for me, or at least get me motivated. My question is to all you lovely people who follow the plan from home - how much harder is it? I'm debating wether to go back to group or not, I have a 2 1/2 year old son and finding any me-time for anything these days is pretty tough, not to mention the money side of things too. I'm just so worried that if I don't go back now while I'm so determined, that it will end up like everything else I've tried in the last year. anyone else been in a similar situation? Thanks for listening xx

Hey there,
ive been in the same situ, and though really successful at group in the past I struggled to lose just doing it on my own BUT.... then in joined minis in Jan, and I am slowly but surely getting it off - minis has definitely made the difference - the support is available daily, and there's always loads of recipe ideas, and inspirational stories on here - sometimes just reading other people's journeys spurs me on. I feel like I have a few friends on here that I know will log in at some point or other through the day. There are people on this thread who have solely done SW from home, and never attended group too :)
I don't have a group nearby that suits, and I would rather not spend the money on the class - I too found the social thing enjoyable before and I even used to help the consultant with WI - it was a while ago, pre babies!
I know my weight is coming off slowly, and I totally wouldn't have been so focused if it wasn't for this forum! I have tried a number of times since my youngest, and only lasted a couple of weeks at a time!
good luck with your new journey, it CAN be done from home, and we are all here to help out when we can. :)

Finally back here! Have stayed away simply because I've just not been on track at all. Weighed in on Saturday at 11st 12.5lb - have put on 1lb since I was last here which isn't bad considering how I've been.

I've meal planned for the week, doing red days everyday, and am actually looking forward to getting back on track. Next goal is to get down to 11st in the next 11 weeks, definitely do-able :) will be starting 30DS again at some point, probably next week because I'm on a later shift.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

aww grannie, sorry to hear about your husband, but pleased all seems on the mend.

I've been doing the same thing toni, just quiet as I've been off plan for a long time. I've managed to gain a lot though, although quite a bit of it is definitely post op bloat from the medicine and well the actual op itself, my stomachs still ballooned up, so going to try some red days to try and get rid of some of it. Feeling pretty ok today which is nice after feeling so crappy for the last month. Have Amsterdam in just under 3 weeks so hoping if I'm really good for them I'll get my bloat/gain off and be back in the low 13's as the scales are very much at the high end now :(

Happy monday everyone, hope you are all ok, and feeling good. I have 3 essays to write this week so gonna be a tough one! eeeek, and I have to go sort out my passport as it runs out on the 13th may and I don't think they'll let me fly on the 2nd may so close to it running out. why oh why do I leave everything til the last minute!

Morning all!
Well after a weekend of eating yummy but naughty food and drinking naughty alcohol I've decided to try and eat a bit more healthily and I'm back on my lemon water to try and beat the bloat!
I've put about 3.5lbs back on in the last few weeks and I can deffo notice it around my stomach (spare tyre!)
Its mad how quick it goes on but how hard it is to lose!
x

Got today sorted mealwise.

Jacket spud & tuna for lunch
Got some left over turkey from yesterday`s dinner/
So adapting a Fanta Chicken recipe to muse up the turkey!! yum yum!!

Afternoon Ladies

Off plan all week due to hubs being off work and the kids on hols plus Sophs Birthday and our anniversary, so pleased to only be showing 1lb on this week yay I did exercise 4 times though so I'm sure that has a lot to do with it... getting back on track today with a sensible day then back on it tomorrow not sure whether to stick with 5:2 diet as I have a few goodies that need using up or go back to SW and syn them, the few weeks I did 5:2 didn't make that much difference in weight loss... thinking I'm tending back to SW Red at the moment...

Sorry some of you are having a crappy time at the moment hugs to you...xxx

Hey everyone, im starting slimming world today and doing it from home, can't really afford to go to class at the moment or the £60 for online membership. Been good all day so far, cheesy scrambled egg, toast and tomatoes for brekkie and chicken and mushroom pasta with salad and ham for lunch. Trying to drink more fluids also so had a couple of cups of green tea with lemon squeezed into it. Not sure what is for dinner. But I really want to stick to it this time round. I have about 9-10 stone to lose.xxx

'Afternoon all, welcome back Charl and tonianne haven't seen you around in a while. Had a pretty crappy weekend, was babysitting the OH grandkids all weekend so I'm knackered and feel I had no 'me' time. Their mammys baby is being delivered next Monday so the end is in site.

When they went home last night mu OH brought me back a twirl and a packet of crisps, I didn't even feel guilty eating them after the weekend I had. Plenty of time to work them off before Saturdays weigh in. Going for a nice long walk tonight seeing as though the weather has warmed up. Made a cottage pie for dinner but not really in the humour for it, have loads of nice veg in the fridge so might just roast that and have a veggie dinner. Anyone having anything interesting for dinner tonight?

Polly

I'm just having spag Bol I'm on a red day but haven't had my hexB's yet so gonna go wild and have it all on pasta! Ha!

Don't feel guilty about a twirl! Plenty of days to work it back in without depriving yourself!

X

Just going to Amsterdam for a long weekend it's my bday treat from my boyf. Which is canny of him :) but then we have Glasto last weekend of June too which I want to be well more in shape for!

Where are you going?? X

Ps.. Welcome nicnoks, you'll do it! Best thing for starting out is cooking meals that don't feel like you're even dieting! Pulled pork sarnies with SW chips, burgers, spag bols or lasagnes, roasts with all the trimmings just SW style and you'll be fab :)

Make yourself little goals as a big one can seem daunting. 1/2 stone at a time and give yourself little rewards.

Xx

Welcome nicnoks! There's loads if support here and its every day, not just on group day. I find it much more helpful.

Had my fanta turkey which was really nice. Tasted just like sweet n sour! Mmmmm.....

Just off for my walk now. Glad its warmed up a bit ?

Really glad there is a thread like this on here! I stopped going about a month ago as I'm trying to save money and didn't feel I got that much support. So from today I'm doing it alone!

Evening all! Yay, lovely to have Charl, Toni and Tilly back!!

New job is going well, head hurts from all the info tho lol did a baby clinic today, super cute but not so nice making them scream with their jabs :-( starting to do more on my own. Gonna love it!

Trying really hard to be back on track, pretty much sw meals. Now I've ordered 3 small uniforms, they need to fit lol xxx

Welcome new peeps! Planning is key and as Charl said, mini goals and lots of amazing sw meals. This thread is fab, lots of lovely, friendly and helpful people, my little minimins family ;-)

Evening all! Yay, lovely to have Charl, Toni and Tilly back!!

New job is going well, head hurts from all the info tho lol did a baby clinic today, super cute but not so nice making them scream with their jabs :-( starting to do more on my own. Gonna love it!

Trying really hard to be back on track, pretty much sw meals. Now I've ordered 3 small uniforms, they need to fit lol xxx

Welcome new peeps! Planning is key and as Charl said, mini goals and lots of amazing sw meals. This thread is fab, lots of lovely, friendly and helpful people, my little minimins family ;-)

Yep I'm setting myself a pound a week and am looking forward to reading all the diaries! The problem with my group was that I was the only veggie so had no one to share ideas with

Back