DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi polly think u need to get obsessed!

I find it helps to get obsessed by reading the books/magazine again , plan a week of breakfast options, lunch options and dinner options to avoid temptation to change your mind at the last minute

Maybe get your dinner in the slow cooker before work so the hard bits done for you by the time you get home?

I like to do sit ups morning and night to boost my weight loss (maybe you prefer squats)

Also get posting! Sometimes when I post advice to help others it gives me a real boost to take my own advice and help myself

Good luck on a better week
X

Hi Sammi. thanks for the encouragement, I am obsessed, but with crisps and other salty snacks!! Had fruit and yougurt for breakfast, and have a salad and courgette pancakes for lunch, and took out some Quorn chilli I had in the freezer so should be ok food wise for today. Will try to get out for a walk at lunch time if it doesn't rain. Really need to loose some weight before I go on hols as I will definitely put some on while I'm away. I'm aiming for 2 pound a week and was doing great till last week:confused:

Polly

Hello all & welcome to all newbies!

Just getting ready for my overnight stay in hospital. The sleep disorder clinic want to do observations. Don't really want to go! GRRR!

Still finding bits of play-doh after the grandkids were here for the weekend :) And they insisted in a visit to maccie d's ! Gotta blame someone :))

So what with that and several hospital meals today and tomorrow I'm not too hopeful for a loss this week. I'll be happy with an sts!

Don't know if there'll be a phone signal in hospital so that I can go online. Hope so!

Just getting ready for my overnight stay in hospital. The sleep disorder clinic want to do observations. Don't really want to go! GRRR!

Still finding bits of play-doh after the grandkids were here for the weekend :) And they insisted in a visit to maccie d's ! Gotta blame someone :))

So what with that and several hospital meals today and tomorrow I'm not too hopeful for a loss this week. I'll be happy with an sts!

Don't know if there'll be a phone signal in hospital so that I can go online. Hope so!

Good luck Grannie xx

I'm back and on a mission!! I have three months until my holiday and need to shift a couple of pounds. I've had a couple of heavy weekends lately and it is certainly showing which is driving the mission. Can anyone tell me how I can get the App for my phone, I've tried but just can't find it anywhere. xx

I'm back and on a mission!! I have three months until my holiday and need to shift a couple of pounds. I've had a couple of heavy weekends lately and it is certainly showing which is driving the mission. Can anyone tell me how I can get the App for my phone, I've tried but just can't find it anywhere. xx

I feel exactly the same, not long until my holiday now so would like to lose 2 lb a week. What phone do you have an iPhone?

Going out for lunch in an hour. Had a quick look at the menu and I should be able to keep the syns down by asking for dressing on the side, and avoiding anything that I know will be very high in fat. Just hope my cravings don't get the better of me when I actually have the menu put in front of me!!! I'm thinking of having the soup of the day (provided it isn't cream based) and not eating the focaccia, and then having a nicoise salad as a main with the mustard dressing on the side. If they use oil to sear the tune steak then that could count of my heb, right?
Hope everyone is having a good week!

Good luck Grannie let us know how you get on xx

Enjoy lunch Tash.. sounds pretty good choices

Taking it easy getting back in to SW today, hope my dinner tastes as good as it smells, I bunged a chicken in the slow cooker with baby potatoes and a stock of water, garlic, hot paprika, salt, pepper and lemon... keep getting wafts of it whenever I'm on the ladder ;)..... I'm starving now after feeling yukky all day...

Hi everyone. Back on here after a week off plan. Been doing so well for so long then i messed it up.
I'm in this mindset where if i have one meal off plan, then i write the whole week off and give up! I just feel really lost and can't get back on it :(

Hey cherry heart

Do you have a weight goal and an event to achieve it by?

Well i lowered my weight goal by a stone last week because i thought i was being too ambitious. It was scary seeing i had 3 stone to lose. I am going to probably lower it once i get to the target i have set for now.
I am off to a music festival at the end of August and would love to be at target by then :)

Oh I have no hope for WI tomorrow.. Pmt gluttony.. Hunger.. Went for green and not been too bad, but no hope of loss.. Recon I'm gonna do a ' weekly ' syn for a boost this week..
Im over half way, but this bit so hard :(

I can see that 3 stone is a daunting target!

I like to take it half a stone at a time so I have smaller goals leading up to my big target of 2stone

I did lose a stone but some crept back on and I struggled through winter on and off

So at the moment I'm 8lb lighter that when i started last spring ...so my next target is only 6lb away to get back to a stone loss

End of August music festival is a great incentive
Good luck
Keep posting

Well i lowered my weight goal by a stone last week because i thought i was being too ambitious. It was scary seeing i had 3 stone to lose. I am going to probably lower it once i get to the target i have set for now.
I am off to a music festival at the end of August and would love to be at target by then :)

Your end gol could stay where you want it, but some little goals might help - eg. 1/2 stone, 1 stone, 10% of your start weight etc. stick with it lovely, you can do it x

Thank you all. Dont know what i'd do without this forum. I'm going to do the half a stone at a time thing, seems much easier when you break it down like that! Might even buy myself something nice everytime i lose half a stone. xx

Thank you all. Dont know what i'd do without this forum. I'm going to do the half a stone at a time thing, seems much easier when you break it down like that! Might even buy myself something nice everytime i lose half a stone. xx

That sounds more like it Lizzie- smaller steps feel so much more manageable, I have 4 to go until a stone, which for me is so so slow at the moment, but far less daunting than anything bigger!
Others also use goals like getting into the '12's' etc- as this can be really motivating seeing a lower number on the scales :)
youve done really well already, you can do it :) and if you have a moment off plan, get straight back on rather than letting it sabotage a whole week.. A small wobble is really easy to rectify compared to a weeks worth!:)
Good luck x

Good uck with your hospital stay and tests.

I certainly would lose weight staying in hospital as hate their food - most of it looks like dog food. At least it was in the hospital I stayed in.

That sounds more like it Lizzie- smaller steps feel so much more manageable, I have 4 to go until a stone, which for me is so so slow at the moment, but far less daunting than anything bigger!
Others also use goals like getting into the '12's' etc- as this can be really motivating seeing a lower number on the scales :)
youve done really well already, you can do it :) and if you have a moment off plan, get straight back on rather than letting it sabotage a whole week.. A small wobble is really easy to rectify compared to a weeks worth!:)
Good luck x

Thank you hun, lovely advice :) xxx

What festival are you going to? I'm at Reading (go every year) but this year I want to be close to how I was in my picture, instead of what I am like right now!

Back