DOING SW FROM HOME???

If you're exercising a lot more than usual, make sure you drink loads and loads of water, your muscles will need it to repair. Also make sure you measure yourself too especially on STS weeks, measure in centimeters too as its nicer to see them move down faster than inches :)

I've been on plan all weekend, well apart from boozing but I never count booze syns I never have or will. Esp as I only drink gin and slimline tonic and not very often, I only drink maybe once or twice a month. Feeling well good, and actually just treated myself to a curly wurly AND a mini milk squeezy tube! all on plan, mega!

If you've hit a plateau definitely try going back to the original plan of alternating red/green days. I rarely lose doing EE full time, although lots of people do, I need to do mainly red with a few EE days to give my body a lil boost.

X

Pretty disheartened STS after a good week apart from a few extra syns Friday night
Been pretty miserable today :-(

Weight last spring: 12 st 8lb
Weight today: 12st 0lb
Total Loss : 8lb
Pounds until current target : 6lb

Dunno what to do I'm stuck in a plateau and no way out no matter what I do

I just wanna make sure I don't gain any weight in the next 6 weeks on the run up to my wedding but would feel more comfortable if I lost a few pounds

Been doin the 30day crunch and squat challenges too

Have you tried varying your days? red, green, ee. Or mixing up your healthy extra's? I STS for about 2-3 weeks at 1 point but as soon as i mixed up my healthy extra's and tried something different i started losing again. Our bodies just get used to the same foods. Chin up x

Morning all!
Just been catching up on the weekend!

Li, it was me looking at no-alco options - I will check those out, thanks :)

well, I had NO willpower over the weekend while camping! I stuck to SW where I could and didn't really drink apart from a beer and a small glass of fizz to celebrate our 3rd wedding anniversary on Friday, I cut the fat of my breakfast bacon and cooked it first, and bread wise stuck to wm rolls.....
But... Chorizo and halloumi on Sat night, and yesterday I managed chips and mushy on the beach in the rain, left over ice cream from the youngest, and half a scone with cream and jam! Not to mention all the bad snacks!

Anyway, I have drawn a line, and refused even a biscuit with my cuppa this morning, and had my usual museli for breakfast, and I got the scales out just to be sure!

gonna make some sf soup for the next two days and check out the SW mag OH got me ( thanks for that suggestion Jen) so hoping to be inspired and hopefully pull in a STS on Wednesday!
Scales showing 4lb up this morning...!

Lemon water here I come!
X

Hi girls, I'm doing slimming world from home too, this is my second week, but I think I'm doing something wrong.

I've ALOT of weight to lose, and last week (week 1) I lost 10.5lb, I was thrilled.

But this week, and I know I shouldn't have peeked, since my weekly weigh in is on a Tuesday morning, but I looked today and my weight hasn't changed at all.

I've stuck to about 7ish syns a day, not gone over all week, and I'm exercising more too, walking 3 miles a few times a week, pushing my toddlers trike... so I can't understand why I'm not losing...

Any helpful tips?

Xx

I'm new to minimins and today in starting slimming world diet on my own at home! I find it hard to get to classes as my daughter was born poorly and is in out of hospital and very demanding when she's at home! I like slimming world because there's no counting its easy and healthy! I have a lot of weight to lose, any help, advice and support would be so much appreciated! Good luck to everyone else too!

11st 11.2lb another pound off :)
6lb gone in two weeks :)

Morning all! Welcome newbies and well done on the losses!

Wish I could lose those amounts in one week! :D

I`m still on an economy drive. Got the leftovers from yesterday`s roast lamb for tea today.
Gonna try to take the economy drive to another level. Been looking online at homemeade shower gel, shampoo and conditioner.

Some of the recipes need a lot of ingredients for the shower gel, but one caught my eye. Using a bar ove Dove soap and adding hot water.

Did that last night and it`s now in an old shampoo bottle. Looks a bit thin at the moment, but according to the recipe it thickens to shower gel consistancy in 24 hours.

Will post the results later!

My doctor weighed me 5 weeks ago at 97kg...today I weighed in at 91kg!!! I have had a week laid up following surgery and have only started getting out and about again in the last week. That is the best I have done in years...in fact,I think it's the best I have ever done!!! The support and info from here has been amazing..my doctor even asked for the site details to pass on to other people!!! So,well done me and well done everybody lol!!! :p

Hi girls, I'm doing slimming world from home too, this is my second week, but I think I'm doing something wrong.

I've ALOT of weight to lose, and last week (week 1) I lost 10.5lb, I was thrilled.

But this week, and I know I shouldn't have peeked, since my weekly weigh in is on a Tuesday morning, but I looked today and my weight hasn't changed at all.

I've stuck to about 7ish syns a day, not gone over all week, and I'm exercising more too, walking 3 miles a few times a week, pushing my toddlers trike... so I can't understand why I'm not losing...

Any helpful tips?

Xx

Give it chance hun. Thats a lot to lose in your first week. I lost have that.

If you suddenly taken up more exercise than previously, you'll be retaining water.

Don't lose faith, stick with it!

You'll probably have lost by the time you have official weigh in. Just remember that staying the same (sts) or 1lb off is better than a gain so don't worry :)

I'm new to minimins and today in starting slimming world diet on my own at home! I find it hard to get to classes as my daughter was born poorly and is in out of hospital and very demanding when she's at home! I like slimming world because there's no counting its easy and healthy! I have a lot of weight to lose, any help, advice and support would be so much appreciated! Good luck to everyone else too!

Welcome Laura :)
Doing it at home is much easier with the support of these ladies on here.
Stick with it.

Slowly, slowly wins the race.

Any helpful tips?

Xx

Hey hun, your body is just probably catching up. 10.5lbs is a lot of weight to lose in 1 week... Keep going! you'll see a loss soon x

Hi, we'll done on getting started, but my first tip would be to only get on the scales once a week, on the same day at the same time with no clothes on. Don't be hard on yourself, maybe the scales will be different tomorrow morning on your actual weigh in day, but if not its probably just because you had such an amazing loss the first week. Realistically what you lost in one week is the equivalent of a good loss over 5 weeks, so give yourself a pat on the back. I have been doing sw for 10 weeks now ad things to look out for would e to make sure you have your he a&b's everyday and make sure you weigh or measure these, make sure you have syns everyday I try to have 5-10 syns, write down every single thing that passes your lips as it passes them if not before because at the ed of the day it is hard to remember everything that we have eaten. Make sure you calculate syns properly and if necessary weigh them, for example cheese it is easy to say that you are having 20g of cheese for 4 syns or whatever it may be, but if that cheese isn't weighed it could be a whole lot more than 20g and therefore more syns which over a week add up. Make sure you are drinking plenty of water ad counting every dash of milk in your tea or coffee. I know I am going on a bit, but I find that if everything is recorded truthfully then if you come to a point when your weight won't budge then you can look back to a week when your loss was good (not week 1) and follow it completely to try to kick start the loss again. I walk twice a day, 2.5miles in the morning and 4 in the afternoon, but I try to vary te exercise ad also use cross trainer, trampoline, skipping rope and running up and down the stairs. Weight loss really is trial and error so keep going, week one proved that sw definitely works, so just keep following the plan and enjoy it :)

Oops! Had a binge cos the car broke down. All I found was a little run down corner shop. No sandwiches or pasta dishes. Went a bit silly and got upset, I'm skint as it is and a new tyre was not exactly within my budget so I thought stuff it and bought a load of rubbish food. Ate some of it. Feel stuffed still.
Don't feel particularly guilty as I know I can get back on track.

Tonight is treat night so will start afresh tomorrow morning.

Just thought I'd be honest with myself... Silly Hayley. I'm 25yrs old and need to get a grip haha :)

Going for a walk when littlun wakes up....

Thanks for the encouraging words, I'm soldiering on. Official weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed.

I've been keeping a good diary everyday, it's the best way of keeping track of my hubbies eating too, he's got more to lose than I do.

Do any of you have any good low syn ideas for a sweet fix? Hubs got a sweet tooth but he's sick of me feeding him fruit lol.. I tryed the "squidgy choc cake" recipe the other night at 3.5 syns a slice but it was aweful lol.. The texture was just so wrong.. A bit like eating blamange when your craving instant whip, just doesn't hit the spot lol xx

Thanks for the encouraging words, I'm soldiering on. Official weigh in tomorrow so fingers crossed.

I've been keeping a good diary everyday, it's the best way of keeping track of my hubbies eating too, he's got more to lose than I do.

Do any of you have any good low syn ideas for a sweet fix? Hubs got a sweet tooth but he's sick of me feeding him fruit lol.. I tryed the "squidgy choc cake" recipe the other night at 3.5 syns a slice but it was aweful lol.. The texture was just so wrong.. A bit like eating blamange when your craving instant whip, just doesn't hit the spot lol xx

Mikado!! 0.5 a syn each and they are gorgeous! xx

Hi all, though I'd join in. Started SW at home 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Lost 4.5lbs I first week and weighing in again tomorrow. Feeling really good, but getting the occasional bloating, think its all the spuds I'm troffing!

Hubby is doing it with me, not tht he needs to, but is doing it to support me and, he does it a load of junk, so is enjoying being healthier. Must admit, that's what keeps me going, as we're all eating the same meals. Hardest thing for me is thinking of new ideas all the time for dinners, anyone got any favourites? Xx

Hi all, though I'd join in. Started SW at home 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Lost 4.5lbs I first week and weighing in again tomorrow. Feeling really good, but getting the occasional bloating, think its all the spuds I'm troffing!

Hubby is doing it with me, not tht he needs to, but is doing it to support me and, he does it a load of junk, so is enjoying being healthier. Must admit, that's what keeps me going, as we're all eating the same meals. Hardest thing for me is thinking of new ideas all the time for dinners, anyone got any favourites? Xx

Definitely have a flick through minimins for ideas :) the recipes on here are good.

Or try getting hold of older mags.

I've got my old mags out and have started trying each recipe one by one and marking them out of 10.

Keeps me going and I know I can have a wide variety of meals. I hate having to eat the same meals all the time.
My daughter seems to be enjoying it too :)

My fav is chicken new yorker. Make thr syn free bbq sauce spread it on cooked chicken wrap in bacon and use hea 30g of cheese yummmm!!!!!

Back