DOING SW FROM HOME???

Nonesense! Being a loser on a diet is always a good thing! Never under estimate the value of the lb :-D

My head hasn't been with it with the house so I'm just glad I've not put on!
House pics to follow! x

image-4258562168.jpg

Bathroom now! Obviously it's not finished just showing the state its in at the minute haha! But it'll be worth it when its finished! x

Hi guys!

Im rejoining good old SW as it worked well for me but due to financial reasons I cannot attend a class. I have the white folder with all the books and info in but im wondering how you all manage to keep up to date with items and does it work by doing the plan from home? How do you find out about syn values and things? Thank you to anyone who replies, I cannot wait to get back on the SW wagon! x

Im going solo,

I find the meets a bit clicky and I think it makes my evenings harder... I don't want to eat before weigh in, and yet I then sit there STARVING and then binge on the way home LOL, so... going it along, but honestly Im finding this site very helpful !

Hi *waves shyly* mind if I creep back in?
I believe I'm way back in the thread but this is me making a fresh start.
My sister got engaged on the 28th July and though no date has been set, I'm anticipating that the wedding will take place early next year and I don't want to look at those pictures and see me as I am now.
I'm day one into doing the SW ee though day two of cutting back.
My goal is 3 stone off by April 2014. Don't think that's too unreasonable and manageable by my standards. I've previously lost 3 stone in 3 months with the group setting following the plan though I don't anticipate those results (though it would be nice).
I am going to use 'My Fitness Pal' app as I find it easy to keep me on track.
I've not weighed myself yet so don't know where I'm starting from but it will probably be Wednesdays as that was my group day. So will weigh myself on tomorrow for a starting point.
Sorry so long winded.
Ruth x

Hi guys!

Im rejoining good old SW as it worked well for me but due to financial reasons I cannot attend a class. I have the white folder with all the books and info in but im wondering how you all manage to keep up to date with items and does it work by doing the plan from home? How do you find out about syn values and things? Thank you to anyone who replies, I cannot wait to get back on the SW wagon! x

Welcome Missgalaxy and Helz :)
I often just use google to find out syn values- it usually directs to a page on minis anyway! Or sometimes people have access to the website on this thread too..
If its something that's likely to be the same syns on red or green eg cake / crisps etc then generally 21 cals = 1 syn

Good luck :)

Lost 1lb at weigh in this morning. My weight loss seems to really have slowed down and I'm struggling now.

I do about 5 hours of exercise a week and never go over my syns, usually less. Any ideas on how I can get bigger losses??

Welcome back and good luck Ruth :) all achievable goals :)

Lost 1lb at weigh in this morning. My weight loss seems to really have slowed down and I'm struggling now.

I do about 5 hours of exercise a week and never go over my syns, usually less. Any ideas on how I can get bigger losses??

You could try changing / mixing plans from what you normally do- if you usually do EE perhaps try mixing red and green?
Check you're drinking plenty of fluids too.. Some people try adjusting their syns - for some using all 15 works, others have better losses on just 5..
Also make sure you're measuring hex's too.. Sometimes just the smallest thing can make a big difference..

I got very stuck for a while and have ended up combining 5:2 with SW and its kick started my losses again.. :) I'm loving it actually!
:)

And well done on the loss too :) :) x

Right back on sw wagon today have been waking up with a terrible tummy ache the last few days when I've been eating rubbish, bacon and mozzarella omelette this morning and nice chicken salad roll planned for lunch with lots of fruit :)

Hi my weight loss slowed for a bit and I was cutting my syns right down then someone mentioned eating them so I thought I'd try it and the loss has got better Xx

Hi my weight loss slowed for a bit and I was cutting my syns right down then someone mentioned eating them so I thought I'd try it and the loss has got better Xx

How many syns did you use on average? I only use maybe 3 max but some days I don't use any.

Does anyone wanna do a virtual buddy up? Would be good to make a new friend, we could support each other on our sw from home journey, I'm rather upset about weigh in, I followed plan all week and gained 1lb, but then again, I should of known better to start on * week lol. I'm almost 21 and my name is Billie, this is my 3rd time doing sw, and I need motivation and support, due to not being able to afford/go to group, we can have the same weigh in day, and just genuinely be there for each other :) xx

Hi Billie, I'm Kay, this is also my 3rd time doing SW! Have a long way to go, with any luck we can all support eachother to keep going down! :) xxx

Today for the first day I've nearly thrown the towel in, don't know why as there is no need to I suppose I am just a bit down, don't no why! Had a walk around Tesco after putting kids to bed, whilst husband done insanity and thought about the nice things I would like to eat! Was struggling not to but then I met an old friend today and she complimented me about how well I looked and it reminded me why I had to go on! Just had a lovely dinner! Here's to staying strong! X

Me too, I have a lot to lose, but I'm just going to aim for a lb at a time, its so hard for me to stay motivated when I have noone else to do it with, I need someone to keep me in line lol I have various obesity related health problems and I always a stones throw away from just saying sod it and giving up, I need all the help and support I can get. Xx

A meal at a time, a day at a time,a lb at a time. I was 21stone when I started my weight loss journey. I have lost it all through various diets but what I will say, is it is doable! X

Back