DOING SW FROM HOME???

What time would you say is best to honestly weigh yourself? What time do SW clubs weigh? i remember i used to eat really naughty after my weigh in! I'm determined not to do that on my home weigh ins :p Also, does anyone do leg/waist/arm measurements also figuring out when to measure. i've just eaten so dont really fancy measuring now ahha

I personally like to weigh 1st thing in the morning before breakfast. I'm really strict with myself to just get on the scales once a week! As your weight fluctuates so much during the week. I don't bother with measuring really if my clothes feel loose that's good enough for me ;) how are you doing on it so far? X

Sounds like a really good plan. Getting into a good mindset is half the battle won x :D this forum is such a good place to get advice and encouragement from. It has really helped me to keep focused. Hope you have a great week! Xx

Well done losers :) 2lb off this week for me :) x

Another 0.5lbs off this week. Really need to get my head into gear and stick to it 100%. Still got 3.5lb of holiday gain to lose.

As you said that's another 0.5lbs off so bringing you closer to your goal :D :happy036: The main thing is that you are back on track after your hols. xx

Hello, Linz, good to meet you! Honestly, this is possibly one of the easiest diets I've tried, and I've already lost lbs in this first week! Official home weigh in is tomorrow, but I've sneaked a couple of extra checks in this week, and been amazed at how much is just dropping off already. Mum and Dad have been away, so been fending for myself - that men's I've been able to keep relatively syn free for the past couple of days. Once I'm back on Dad's cooking, though, I'll have to be more careful...

wishing you the best of luck for tomorrow's WI Elf sounds like it's gonna be a good one ;) x

Thank you! I'll be sure to let everyone know the result!

Hi does anyone know if there is a thread or sticky on here telling you what individually each plan consists off ?

I am doing red days ( original plan ) i need to know how much potato and pasta i can have as an hexb, also how much i would syn per gram. I want to stop having my usual 60g wholemeal roll as a hexb ( if anyone knows the answer that would be great :)

I don't wont to keep bothering people with the same questions so thought there might be somewhere i can look it up ?

Thankyou

Hi does anyone know if there is a thread or sticky on here telling you what individually each plan consists off ?

I am doing red days ( original plan ) i need to know how much potato and pasta i can have as an hexb, also how much i would syn per gram. I want to stop having my usual 60g wholemeal roll as a hexb ( if anyone knows the answer that would be great :)

I don't wont to keep bothering people with the same questions so thought there might be somewhere i can look it up ?

Thankyou

Hi yoyo. I follow red days mostly too and according to my book, u can have 227g jacket potato or 198g new potatoes (not sure why different amounts) as HexB. Pasta is 35g dried weight as HexB. Also u mentioned wanting to stop ur bread roll...u know on red days u can have 2 Hex B right? I always use 1 for cereal or bread, then other for potato or pasta...works for me :) Hope that helps.

What time would you say is best to honestly weigh yourself? What time do SW clubs weigh? i remember i used to eat really naughty after my weigh in! I'm determined not to do that on my home weigh ins :p Also, does anyone do leg/waist/arm measurements also figuring out when to measure. i've just eaten so dont really fancy measuring now ahha

I weigh on a Friday morning, but i dont think theres really a best time...thats just my preference as then if I do have a little 'mishap' over the weekend, I dont beat myself up about it and have the rest of the week to get back on track (I always find mid week easier, more temptation of eating out, going for drinks on a wknd) but its all about ur individual choice really. SW groups weigh in on all different days at different times which is why I dont think it matters...
I do take measurements but not every week, just once after my last weigh in of the month. I find that great if maybe the pounds aren't coming off, its just another boost!
Also this may be a bit strange but I also use a belt that I used to wear in my 'bigger' days and I mark on it where I could now do it up, fab feeling when u run out of 'holes' and compare it to how far u can pull it away from where ur waist used to be!!

I am doing it from home as for the last 2 years I have had serious mobility issues and can't get out much.

I am not weighing myself but I am going off clothes which works for me. I have ditched the 24's and and now the 22's are more than comfortable. My next goal is to get into the 20's. I am trying not to give myself too much of a mountain to climb as being immobile (this along with being a greedy bugger is why all this weight has gone on) it is going to be a long slow process. I think weighing myself to see a small loss would become disheartening for me so this seems to work in my mindset so that is how I will do it.

Good luck everyone xxx

Good Morning All! :wavey:

I'm just curious really if anyone is having the same problem with cooking with fromage frais as I am? I doesn't seem to matter how gentle I treat it ie adding it in when the food is cooler and gently bringing the foods heat up, the bugger always splits!!! :mad: and that's another promising meal ruined! It's so frustrating. My only solution is now to use Quark in replacement of ff. which is not easy to find shops who sell it in my area. I must be doing something wrong? surely? :confused:

I am doing it from home as for the last 2 years I have had serious mobility issues and can't get out much.

I am not weighing myself but I am going off clothes which works for me. I have ditched the 24's and and now the 22's are more than comfortable. My next goal is to get into the 20's. I am trying not to give myself too much of a mountain to climb as being immobile (this along with being a greedy bugger is why all this weight has gone on) it is going to be a long slow process. I think weighing myself to see a small loss would become disheartening for me so this seems to work in my mindset so that is how I will do it.

Good luck everyone xxx

Good morning Pumpkin! Congrats in your clothes size drop! :happy096: I think that's a very good indicator of how you're doing! When you think about it that's everyone's final confirmation that the weight that you are losing is making a difference. x Have a fantastic day x

Good Morning All! :wavey:

I'm just curious really if anyone is having the same problem with cooking with fromage frais as I am? I doesn't seem to matter how gentle I treat it ie adding it in when the food is cooler and gently bringing the foods heat up, the bugger always splits!!! :mad: and that's another promising meal ruined! It's so frustrating. My only solution is now to use Quark in replacement of ff. which is not easy to find shops who sell it in my area. I must be doing something wrong? surely? :confused:

Hi sijack,
I'm totally having the exact same problem! I cooked a SW curry the other week & all was going well until I added the fromage frais - it looked disgusting after that...so plain rice for me! Glad I'm not the only one! Need tips asap, as mega missing a good curry!

Hi sijack,
I'm totally having the exact same problem! I cooked a SW curry the other week & all was going well until I added the fromage frais - it looked disgusting after that...so plain rice for me! Glad I'm not the only one! Need tips asap, as mega missing a good curry!

Yeah I'm beginning to think that the fromage frais is an inside joke at slimming world HQ. :tomato: I love my Friday night curry like I said Quark seems to be holding itself together at the moment but can be a little too rich in some dishes! for curry I have been adding Total 0% yogurt instead which i have used for years.:)

Back