DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi Guys,

Hope you don't mind me joining it - am fairly new to mini mins but have been doing SW for a while. Started off going to group but unfortunately the group got dominated by a group of ladies who would chat and laugh the whole way through other people talking, which I got a bit fed up with! So have brought a set of scales and have been doing it at home but have found I get tempted to weigh all the time and my weight always seems to fluctuate up and down over the week!

So was wondering when you guys weigh? Does anyone else get tempted to weigh more than they should when doing it at home or is it just me!

:)

Hi the Jessieh90 welcome to minimins : I'm pretty strict with myself about only recording my weight once a week. Have you tried to move the scales out of the way like under the bed, in the wardrobe ......boot of the car? lol :scale: just until you get into the habit of having 1 WI a week. xxx

Hi Guys,

Hope you don't mind me joining it - am fairly new to mini mins but have been doing SW for a while. Started off going to group but unfortunately the group got dominated by a group of ladies who would chat and laugh the whole way through other people talking, which I got a bit fed up with! So have brought a set of scales and have been doing it at home but have found I get tempted to weigh all the time and my weight always seems to fluctuate up and down over the week!

So was wondering when you guys weigh? Does anyone else get tempted to weigh more than they should when doing it at home or is it just me!

:)

Hi Jessie!! Welcome! I've been really naughty and been weighing myself every day too.... Not really a good idea, since weight fluctuates so much....

I weigh myself in the morning, after going through the bathroom, and before I get dressed.

*huggles Sara* I know how you feel! Have you tried Weight watchers hot chocolate? It's really chocolatey, and it's only 2 syns.

resisted the urge for chocolate till now...going to have a rocky road hi fi bar yummy. not a hot chocolate fan (thanks elfdaughter).

No probs, Sara! Actually, I spooned some into some Quark and vanilla yoghurt the other day, it was lovely!!

Had my last weigh in before my Menorca hols!
STS, missed my pre-hols target, never mind!

Need to redouble my efforts when I get home!!

STS is still a maintain so that's great Grannie :)
Have a fab time away :)

I've been a bit awol recently. Sts with weight struggling with diet which is weird as the diet isn't hard at all! It's only about making a couple adjustments! So back on it today and am gonna eat properly! X

Sts the same for 2nd week running. :( 6 weeks in and lost 5lb so far. Was really hoping for more losses. This week I over synned on two days and didn't reduce my syns after a binge. This week gonna keep a close eye on my syn allowance. Coming to the end of my cold so should feel more motivated. I just feel my weight loss journey is in the words of blackadder going the speed of 'an asthmatic ant with heavy shopping.' :banghead:

Sts the same for 2nd week running. :( 6 weeks in and lost 5lb so far. Was really hoping for more losses. This week I over synned on two days and didn't reduce my syns after a binge. This week gonna keep a close eye on my syn allowance. Coming to the end of my cold so should feel more motivated. I just feel my weight loss journey is in the words of blackadder going the speed of 'an asthmatic ant with heavy shopping.' :banghead:

Hi there Sweetie glad your cold is getting better. I know it's frustrating my weight was Sts a couple of weeks ago and last week I only lost 1lb. I was so disappointed as I know that I have been sticking to the plan. It felt like I was getting nothing in return for my hard work. So had a good think about what I was eating and I noticed that everyday I was having an EE day for lunch and dinner. This may work for some but for me the weight wasn't coming off as fast as I would have liked. This week I have shaken it up a bit and included some original days and I do feel allot better. My weigh-in is on Monday so will be interesting to see if that has got things moving again x try not to get downhearted about it. X do you keep a food diary as this sometime helps to highlight where you can adjust your plan xx :)

I checked my food diary and definitely over synned on two days. Too much chocolate. :eek: So I can see where it went wrong. I swapped my healthy extras for original ryvitas and laughing cow extra light(I won't be getting again as thought it was rank). But I split my healthy a with milk. I never measured my milk and think I had too much. So keeping diary has helped. If ee doesn't work this week will read through book on original and green days. I've never done these before tho.

On a plus side I'm going to the gym weekly and been more active and even with my lapses I'm eating more healthy. I think because there's people at work doing sw and losing more I'm feeling more pressure. But the pressure is all from me! Every one keep saying that I'm doing well if not gained.

I checked my food diary and definitely over synned on two days. Too much chocolate. :eek: So I can see where it went wrong. I swapped my healthy extras for original ryvitas and laughing cow extra light(I won't be getting again as thought it was rank). But I split my healthy a with milk. I never measured my milk and think I had too much. So keeping diary has helped. If ee doesn't work this week will read through book on original and green days. I've never done these before tho.

On a plus side I'm going to the gym weekly and been more active and even with my lapses I'm eating more healthy. I think because there's people at work doing sw and losing more I'm feeling more pressure. But the pressure is all from me! Every one keep saying that I'm doing well if not gained.

Sometimes it's just the smallest adjustment that makes all the difference xx :D keep going you're doing good by going to the gym I'm so lazy but I have been taking my dog out for long walks all this week so I do feel that I am doing something to move my arse x:D

Back