DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi all. Just discovered this app and oh wow, it sounds like there's more support here than in ANY class I've attended. After a year off from slimming (changed job and shifts) it's now time to get my act together and give it my all. I was with weight watchers but have chosen SW this time so any help will be much appreciated. The 2 plans are so very different, will I loose in my first week? I don't intend to go to class simply cause of working patterns. Cheers all :0)
Welcome - you find lots of advice on here. I think most people do lose on their first week, especially if they haven't dieted for a while. It may take a week or 2 for you to sort out portion sizes and syns etc, or you may start losing straight away. The best of luck.

-10lb for me after a month of strictly no weighing, one happy chick right now. :)
this is without a food diary lately too, i feel bad trying to justify what i crave at night time, peanut butter and cinnamon on toast :( i did so well without bread for 3 weeks. straight back on it now though, starting food diary again as of tomorow, it will keep me in check. rest in peace my peanut butter and cinamon goodness.

Having a bad day:(. Feeling sick after a chocolate binge. I really wish I could stop binging because it wrecks up my weight loss and I feel terrible afterwards:(.

Having a bad day:(. Feeling sick after a chocolate binge. I really wish I could stop binging because it wrecks up my weight loss and I feel terrible afterwards:(.

Sorry you are struggling today, stuff like chocolate is hard to say no to when you really wan't some :sigh:. Fresh day tomorrow.

Soz bout your bad day!
Forget about it ! It's happened now. Try stick to plan for the rest of the day

Is there something in particular that kicks off the binge?

Stress from work, recently started a new job. Same company different role. Some days I feel on top of it but there is a lot to learn and it can be overwhelming.

Stress from work, recently started a new job. Same company different role. Some days I feel on top of it but there is a lot to learn and it can be overwhelming.

Stress is one of the things that causes me to crave chocolate....having the kids at home for 6 weeks has got me wanting chocolate and biscuits all the time. I try and keep as many syns as poss for the end of the day and have a chocolate fix once they're in bed.

Thanks for the reply. Re portion sizes, I'm not gonna go ott simply because the food us syn free. I'm just gonna eat until I'm comfortable if u get me lol

Hi, I've not logged in for quite some time so may not know anybody here but hello anyway :)
I've been back on plan for the last 2 weeks and had a small loss with about a stone to lose until I'm back to my target. Planning is my only saviour and so long as I know what I'm cooking I'm ok. But...today has been hectic and I was planning a SW lasagne which I no longer have the energy for so I've grabbed a co-op chicken & vegetable biryani but have no idea of the syn value. Could anyone please help me out and let me know?
Thank you, Ruth x

Vitology how long did it take you to loose the weight?

I'm just re starting slimming world but going to be doing it from home as there isn't a class near me.

Xx

Right back on it today! Enough of this messing about, been weeks of eating crap now. Finally stood on the scales and 9lb gain :-( I am NOT going into the 12s again. Worked blimin hard last year to loose 4 stone, I can do this! New target is 1.5 stone by christmas, am 11s 9lb today.

Hi all! Am an oldie here but probably new to you ;-) any oldies still on here?!!! xx

Hi Jen :)
I'm back too as of last night and sadly have just crept into the 12's :-(
full of motivation though, we can still do this!
Ruth

Hi all. I am fairly new (week 3 for me) and am doing SW from home this is my lifeline as I live in Spain with very few people here doing any kind of diet! LOL. 4lbs off in week one and then 2 lbs on??!! in week 2. I've been real good this week (just a party to conquer this weekend) and hopefully to scales will have budged on Mondays weigh in. Good Luck to everyone, we're all in it together! ;)

Back