DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi everyone i am the biggest ive ever been and ive tried lots of diets but always failed because i like my wine too much but i'm replacing that for hot sugar free vimto now and that seems to do the trick, so i'm starting slimming world tomorrow and i will do it this time.

Another New Year New Start here too, fingers crossed. I've done SW before but only managed 5 weeks although lost just over a stone in that five weeks.
I'm the biggest I have ever been and just keep getting bigger. I struggle with making tea on an evening as tend to get in late from work and feel far too tired to do anything other than pick up the phone and order take out.
I think organisation is the key, and I simply need to spend some time getting organised.
I'm planning to start on 1st Jan and really hope I do this time. I tend to comfort eat so a bad day at work results in food related treats for me.
Good luck everyone. We can do it!

Thats the same with me. I need to be more organised as I work 8-6 everyday so by the time I get home I dont feel in the mood to cook. And I struggle with finding things for lunch as I only get a half hour lunch break and we only have use of a kettle and a microwave
Good luck :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Joanne. Know exactly what u mean abt food and time but all abt planning ahead. I've lost 10lbs in the last 3 months just making sure I plan my meals and know what I'm eating every day. Try making chunky veg soup on or days off, freezes well. 4 supper I usually do something like a frittata, fry loads of veg with fry light & bake in the oven with beaten eggs, serve with more free food, & while its baking it gives u time to unwind etc after work. Good luck, u can do it xx

Hi Joanne. Know exactly what u mean abt food and time but all abt planning ahead. I've lost 10lbs in the last 3 months just making sure I plan my meals and know what I'm eating every day. Try making chunky veg soup on or days off, freezes well. 4 supper I usually do something like a frittata, fry loads of veg with fry light & bake in the oven with beaten eggs, serve with more free food, & while its baking it gives u time to unwind etc after work. Good luck, u can do it xx

Hey thank you for your advice. Congratulations on loosing 10lbs in 3 months thats great :) im not a very confident cook but im going to give it a go. Ive written a 4 week plan of what im going to eat which will help. This may be a silly question but how do you make chunky veg soup?? The frittata sounds good. How long does it take to cook? Thank you soo much x

Thank u xx not silly at all, took me a while but its all about adjusting 2 suit ur taste. This is what I do: fill half a med pan with water, 1 & half veg stock cubes. 2 med onions diced (chunky :) ), 3 carrots diced same size, 2 - 3 stick of celery diced, half a pepper diced, chuck into pan, lots of dried iItalian herbs & pepper, bring to boil, simmer for 20 mins, add abt 10 strands of spaghetti (if on green day) snapped into sml pieces, simmer again for another 10 mins. Add a tin of tomatoes & simmer until everything's soft (longer the better) :) makes loads & I love it, hope u do 2. If eating 4 supper, I add frozen quorn pieces before heating up to bulk it, ALL FREE! :)
had frittata tonight with my new year dinner (I'm a veggie), baked it for a good 30 mins as long as oven is hot. Also added quorn pieces :) and free Linda McCartney roasted onion sausages on my plate, with all the free veg sides, I'm stuffed now! :) fantastic you've planned ahead, try making dishes that u no will make more than 1 meal: veg curry, soup, free sausage casserole using baked beans (lovely) :) sorry I ramble on, love my one pot wonders :). Good luck, let me know how u get on xx

Thank u xx not silly at all, took me a while but its all about adjusting 2 suit ur taste. This is what I do: fill half a med pan with water, 1 & half veg stock cubes. 2 med onions diced (chunky :) ), 3 carrots diced same size, 2 - 3 stick of celery diced, half a pepper diced, chuck into pan, lots of dried iItalian herbs & pepper, bring to boil, simmer for 20 mins, add abt 10 strands of spaghetti (if on green day) snapped into sml pieces, simmer again for another 10 mins. Add a tin of tomatoes & simmer until everything's soft (longer the better) :) makes loads & I love it, hope u do 2. If eating 4 supper, I add frozen quorn pieces before heating up to bulk it, ALL FREE! :)
had frittata tonight with my new year dinner (I'm a veggie), baked it for a good 30 mins as long as oven is hot. Also added quorn pieces :) and free Linda McCartney roasted onion sausages on my plate, with all the free veg sides, I'm stuffed now! :) fantastic you've planned ahead, try making dishes that u no will make more than 1 meal: veg curry, soup, free sausage casserole using baked beans (lovely) :) sorry I ramble on, love my one pot wonders :). Good luck, let me know how u get on xx

Thank you. Ill certainly have a go at the soup and frittata :)

Hi everyone :wavey:

I am starting SW at home tomorrow. I had been attending class but lost my job so couldn't afford to continue. I have been off plan for about 3 months and have regained all the weight I had lost and a bit more too. I have a shop being delivered tomorrow so am ready and raring to go. I'm looking forward to getting back on plan and sharing this journey with all of you :)

Hi, Im new to this so hope it posts correctly. Just wanted to join for the support as I am also starting SW from home as i cant afford the group any more. Im starting on Monday as I have no hope of doing it correctly whilst kids are still at home. Get very depressed when thinking of my weight so i'm hoping joining this forum gives me the incetive to keep going. Wishing everybody luck.:)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Good idea - I meant to start today but only got to 5.00pm - will try harder 2moro - hoping joining this site will help! Good luck 2 every1 - let's hope we all get 2 target this year!

New Year, New meee! I am starting a mixture of Green and EE days on SW from today, 3rd January.. i have got many of the old SW magazines so i can have a read through for recipes. But i am aiming to lose 4 stone hopefully by mid july this year.. so about 6/7 months! Hopefully I can manage this! Also starting 30 mins of cycling or any excercise daily from now, going back to work on Monday as a nursery practitioner, so will be more or less lightly active. I hope i hit my target! I have a holiday planned and want to feel and look good!!! Currently in a size 18! Aim is to be 12-14 dress size. Aaaagh! Super nervous! X will be browsing through minimins forums for syns ideas etc :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Good luck and great to start on a Friday - I know I can put half a stone on over a 'naughty' weekend! I'll follow your progress with interest.

Hi - think I know how you're feeling - I've been yo yo dieting for a long time - it's disheartening isn't it? But look on the positive side - you've done it before so you have all the skills to do it again and the support from here (minus the sarcasm - what was that all about?) could make all the difference. Good luck!

Good luck bubble 77 - I'm new too and there seem to be a lot of people here doing SW at home - bet there's lots of people who've been feeling down about there weight too - know I have - here's hoping that using this friendly site will really help us all get to where we want to be!

Hi everyone,
I have taken the plunge and signed up for Slimming World at home. The books arrived yesterday and I bought the current magazine in Tesco last week. I have been reading this site since boxing day but feel ready to start now. I am finding it hard still having lots of Christmas chocolate and treats in the house, however, I've decided to try and save these during the day so I can eat them all at night when hubby will also be snacking. He needs to join me on the diet but is resisting... should be easier once he has finished the Christmas snacks.
Any tips from anyone?

Hello to all the fellow new starters. I also have joined online but will be weighing in at home.

A new year and a new start. With each other's support we can get to where we want to be!

Hi everyone. I'm starting Slimming World from home on Monday with my husband. We did it this time last year before our wedding in May and did reasonably well. I lost a stone and he lost over 2 stone! Have put it all back on now but hoping the support on this site will help me lose the almost 2 stone I want to get rid of before our belated honeymoon and anniversary in May!

Good luck! I think a holiday is great motivation for your weight loss. Will you be combining any exercise? I don't do any at the moment but am thinking of joining some fitness class' in the coming weeks.

Thank you, you too! I don't really do anything at the moment but thinking of dusting off the old Wii Fit and think the OH wants to do a 30 day ab workout which I might try too. I'd love to go to some classes but recently started my own business so money is a little tight at the moment.

Hi everyone, I've started from home today aswel, haven't done sw for about a year so excited to b back on it. I have about 4 stone to lose but just taking one day at a time! Looking forward to support from you guys and ditching these lbs once and for all

Back