DOING SW FROM HOME???

Hi Fionao. I am exactly the same - haven't done SW since early last year and can't wait to get started on Monday! I would have started today but we only got back from visiting family yesterday so there's no food int he house and I find it hard if I don't plan a week ahead. Good luck with it, I'm sure together we will all get where we want to be!

I've just made slimming world cheesy chips from the current magazine. They were yummy and I used the cheese as my healthy extra A choice. I would recommend them :)

Mmmmm! Cheesy chips sound lovely! Im actually looking forward to starting monday should have all the naughty things eaten up by then. Can u believe im fed up of eating crap? Bought the SW mag today been planning my weeks meals and got asda booked for sunday. So theres no excuse and my plan is to fit in a 20minute davina dvd a day too. I normally fail at the excercise part as i have 1001 other things need to b done! Ill certainly give it a good go this year.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I had cheesy chips the other night. They were amazing, total comfort food but totally syn free

Sent from my LT18i using MiniMins.com mobile app

I make an amazing fake Korma which is a 1/4 syn per serving (I don't bother synning it).

No measurements except the yogurt.

Fry some onion & chicken until lightly golden. Add curry powered to taste & cook for 2-3minutes. Cover with chicken stock then simmer for 15-20 minutes til chicken is cooked. Turn heat up to a fast boil until liquid reduces to a syrupy consistency. Remove from heat and stir in a Mullerlight coconut & vanilla yogurt and serve with rice and it veggies of your choice. It is truely amazing

Oh that is for 2 people. 1/2 syn for whole yogurt

I make an amazing fake Korma which is a 1/4 syn per serving (I don't bother synning it).

No measurements except the yogurt.

Fry some onion & chicken until lightly golden. Add curry powered to taste & cook for 2-3minutes. Cover with chicken stock then simmer for 15-20 minutes til chicken is cooked. Turn heat up to a fast boil until liquid reduces to a syrupy consistency. Remove from heat and stir in a Mullerlight coconut & vanilla yogurt and serve with rice and it veggies of your choice. It is truely amazing

That curry sounds amazing. Will definitely be trying this

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

That curry sounds amazing. Will definitely be trying this

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

My OH thought he was having korma, he didn't realise it was a SW recipe. Only difference is the sauce is a bit runnier and not as "nutty". I prefer it to proper korma even when off plan

Oooohhh that curry sounds delicious! Will def be trying that one soon xx

Hi and welcome - I'm a newbie too - I'm finding this site very friendly, supportive and full of good advice - hope you do too! Good luck with your weight loss journey!

Hi and welcome - I'm a newbie too - and like so many here - yo-yo dieted for all my adult life - I'm sure you'll get lots of ideas and support here. Good luck on your weight loss journey.

18 months ago I was 14st 2 then I went to 10st 13 - but following a special holiday 2 months I've ballooned to 12st 11 - I wish I'd gone back to class straight after hol when I'd only put 7lbs on - but started again at home 3 days ago - progress = 2 bad days + 1 good - so not brilliant so far but I'm an eternal optimist! Hope you beat me on your 1st week!

Hi and Welcome - I'm a new starter to and already feeling the support and loving the tips and guidance here - good luck with your weight loss journey!

Hi and welcome - I'm a newbie and find this site informative and friendly - hope you do too! Love your targets! Your target is doable I think cos it's about 2lbs loss a week and we all lose more at the beginning don't we - but from painful experience - I'd gently suggest that you're not too hard on yourself if you have a few hiccups on the way and sometimes don't hit your tough target.

We're all human and life gets in the way sometimes - be kind to you! I find if I don't lose what I'd planned I sometimes start to binge and do a lot more damage (daft I know!) Hope this doesn't sound patronising - just wanted to share what's happened to me! Good luck!

Hi all,

I used to go to classes a while a go, and had some success...
however, I've been living in Thailand for a year and Ive gained a rather large Bangkok Belly!!

so, I'm attempting SW solo out here in Thailand!
Any advice will be greatly received :D

x

Going in alone?

Hi,

I'm a new member but I've done Slimming World before. Last time I did it in 2011 I lost just over three stone but I did it without going to groups, just with a friend's book. I then started going to groups I if I'm honest found it quite demotivating as a lot of people regularly gained and it seemed to become acceptable. Anyway I've since had a baby and far heavier than I want to be so I am going to start again but without a group.

Has anyone else done this successfully?

I go to group but I'm here to wish you luck and support.

I've been to those kind of groups before where your not inspired!!! Took me a while to find a consultant that actually helps. Shes stuck with me through fat and thin, never pressured or pestered me, just hung around in the background waiting for me to be ready to start again

Anyhow don't forget to pick up the daily mail today, mon and tues. free SW menus and recipes.

Xxxx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com mobile app

I'm still trying to lose my baby weight too, started again and got weighed on sat am.
Is there a friend or family that wants to lose weight too? Could weigh in together, create bit competitive spirit x good luck

The thing that bugs me about group is that I would stick to plan 100% and STS but someone would lose 2-3lbs then say "oh i don't know how, I had..........." and then rattle off a list of things that would have me gaining 2-3lbs. When it's just once you smile but eventually it used to really annoy me.

I'm doing it alone from home now as well. Good luck xx

Back