DOING SW FROM HOME???

The thing that bugs me about group is that I would stick to plan 100% and STS but someone would lose 2-3lbs then say "oh i don't know how, I had..........." and then rattle off a list of things that would have me gaining 2-3lbs. When it's just once you smile but eventually it used to really annoy me. I'm doing it alone from home now as well. Good luck xx
Yea it's annoying, I find that I lose if I go to class though I can't do it without that weigh in.

How you getting on your own?

Yea it's annoying, I find that I lose if I go to class though I can't do it without that weigh in.

How you getting on your own?

I'm doing fine so far. My mum is also doing SW only she reached her target so isn't being as strict and has stopped attending class. She helps keep me on the straight and narrow as we batch cook and share the food.

I agree class is better as facing up to your weigh in helps & the positive aspects outweigh the annoying aspects. Mum has offered to weigh me on her scales so I still have to face it. Hopefully that will be enough til I get a job and can go back to class.

How has your weekend been

Sent from my LT18i using MiniMins.com mobile app

The thing that bugs me about group is that I would stick to plan 100% and STS but someone would lose 2-3lbs then say "oh i don't know how, I had..........." and then rattle off a list of things that would have me gaining 2-3lbs. When it's just once you smile but eventually it used to really annoy me. I'm doing it alone from home now as well. Good luck xx

I hear you on that one too. I used to be able to 'treat' myself but I'm older now and it's not as easy to fudge the rules!!! I used to find it so easy ( wish I'd have not put it all back on though) now it's a real struggle to get started and stay 'clean' but I'm going to do it this time.

Hello every1! Im feeling really positive, food diary all wrote out for the week. Shopping all arrived and fridge looks colourful with fruit! I now feel the need to eat all the rubbish in the house b4 my big weigh in the morning. I dont think i'll get through 4 tins of chocs tho even by my standards thats not do-able!!! :D Do any of you know the syns for heroes/roses and celebrations as im gonna try and b sensible with them?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sorry one more question should the syns be 10 or 15 a day? Im very confused.I have family doing SW in cyprus and the consultant insists on 15 but when i did it in the past i was always told 10. Reading minimins confused me more. Im thinking of starting on 15 and if i dont lose to go down to 10. Any advice from the pros will b greatly appreciated please. X

I'm doing fine so far. My mum is also doing SW only she reached her target so isn't being as strict and has stopped attending class. She helps keep me on the straight and narrow as we batch cook and share the food. I agree class is better as facing up to your weigh in helps & the positive aspects outweigh the annoying aspects. Mum has offered to weigh me on her scales so I still have to face it. Hopefully that will be enough til I get a job and can go back to class. How has your weekend been Sent from my LT18i using MiniMins.com mobile app
Pretty ok, weighed in sat 0.5 on in 4weeks so wasn't bad at all. Then I've just been chilling with the kids and spending time with them before I start back at work tomorrow and their back at school/nursery. Batch cooked lunches and dinners today (never do that!) so feeling focused, nervous about tomorrow! First day, new job and been on mat leave for 6m so I would have loved to have shed the baby weight before going back working :(
My mum and sister on SW too but their doing it on there own because of shifts n money, so we have some kinda of weight battle going on! What day are you weighing in at your mums?

Hiya, I am also doing the plan from home, bought a few of the books from ebay. But mostly anything you need to know can be found on here or also a lot of people I work with are group members. Just hoping I can get some of this weight off!!

Glad to see I'm not the only one. I'm not really bothered about the competitive side of things, I am quite good at motivating myself and seeing me lose weight. I just need to be in the right frame of my, which thankfully I am now. Hopefully I can lost lots :D

Good luck with the new job, its tough going back to work. What's the new job?

0.5 not bad at all in 4 weeks at any time of year but brilliant at this time so well done. Sounds like you are all prepared for the week.

I will weigh in at mums on a Friday morning after I drop my son at school. Used to attend class on Friday morning so am comfortable with that. Are you weighing on a Saturday?

Ah thank you!! I have the ingredients minus the yoghurt so i'm going to do a shop ;) thank you!

You're welcome. Let me know what you think

Hello every1! Im feeling really positive, food diary all wrote out for the week. Shopping all arrived and fridge looks colourful with fruit! I now feel the need to eat all the rubbish in the house b4 my big weigh in the morning. I dont think i'll get through 4 tins of chocs tho even by my standards thats not do-able!!! :D Do any of you know the syns for heroes/roses and celebrations as im gonna try and b sensible with them?

I think the sweeties are between 2&3 syns each depending which one. Personally I don't think they are worth it as I couldn't have just s couple

Sorry one more question should the syns be 10 or 15 a day? Im very confused.I have family doing SW in cyprus and the consultant insists on 15 but when i did it in the past i was always told 10. Reading minimins confused me more. Im thinking of starting on 15 and if i dont lose to go down to 10. Any advice from the pros will b greatly appreciated please. X

when I attended group it was 15, but see how you go. There was some people in group who had no or less that 5 syns and their losses weren't great, soon as they upped it to at least 5 syns they had better losses. Each persons different :)

Good luck with the new job, its tough going back to work. What's the new job? 0.5 not bad at all in 4 weeks at any time of year but brilliant at this time so well done. Sounds like you are all prepared for the week. I will weigh in at mums on a Friday morning after I drop my son at school. Used to attend class on Friday morning so am comfortable with that. Are you weighing on a Saturday? Sent from my LT18i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Yeh sat 8am for me!

I'm working in medical education for the NHS, similar role to what I was doing before mat leave but all new people and ways of working but I'm looking forward to it as well. I think it will give me a boost for losing weight as I can't eat all day! Ha

Well good luck for fri then, you think your on right path?

Thanx guys. I think 2-3syns for little chocs is crazy, looks like kids will b eating them! As for daily syns i'll try 15 to start. :)

Yeah, I'm feeling focused just now. Today had been bit of a disaster as I forgot to take chicken out of freezer so had to swap dinner and lunch around. Lunch was vile but ate it anyway. Chicken still hadnt defrosted by dinner time so had baked potato with my salad instead. Potato skin was hard and inedible so am still hungry and waiting on chicken cooking to finish my dinner. After all that I would normally have just phoned a Chinese but am determined to have another 100% day.

Taking my son to softplay tomorrow, that will be a challenge with lots of cake around

Hello everyone. I am doing SW from home (joined online). I tried to join a class last year but the consultant was IMO pretty rubbish. Given that it's nearly a 60 mile rout trip to class anyways and I sometimes ES work evenings, this will suit me better anyway.

i joined 2nd Jan so this is the end of day 4. Feeling pretty motivated just now - just hope it lasts! Back to work tomorrow so challenge is to be organised and plan ahead.

1st weigh-in of the year yesterday; 2lb gain after Christmas :-( however, lots of cooking & planning ahead yesterday means I'm bk on track & focussed. (just jumped on scales & 1lb loss already, so feeling good bout the week ahead :)) have a great day everyone, remember why you're doing this & keep going xx

Sent from my ST23i using MiniMins.com mobile app

1st weigh-in of the year yesterday; 2lb gain after Christmas :-( however, lots of cooking & planning ahead yesterday means I'm bk on track & focussed. (just jumped on scales & 1lb loss already, so feeling good bout the week ahead :)) have a great day everyone, remember why you're doing this & keep going xx

2lb gain isnt too bad at all!! Some people ive heard have put on 10lbs! Just see it as the start of the new year and a new start!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

2lb gain isnt too bad at all!! Some people ive heard have put on 10lbs! Just see it as the start of the new year and a new start!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Exactly, staying positive is the key isn't it xx

1st weigh-in of the year yesterday; 2lb gain after Christmas :-(

I don't think that's too bad! If you have a good week I'm sure you'll soon be back to where you were.

I've just done my initial weigh-in (I'm restarting today after 7 months off since my wedding) and I'm 1 pound heavier than when I started this time last year! 1 stone 8 pounds to go but I think I will want to lose more than that. Just don't want to set my initial target too high and get disheartened. Feeling very motivated for this week though. Meals are planned up until Sunday and I feel ready.

Back