DoingItForMe weight loss diary

Evening all,

Shred has arrived and I'm hoping to get a quick go later this evening, I'm eager :p My son has taken to waking up around 3.45am and as a result I am shattered but come bedtime I'm wide awake again... perhaps shredding will resolve this issue lol. Food-wise I've had an odd day, I've not really been hungry or fancied anything.

20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

Salad 0PP
WW Strawberry yogurt 1PP
Pink n white 1PP

130g cod fillet, raw weight 2PP
Salad 0PP
1 tspn tartare sauce 0PP
Dash of olive oil 1PP
Sugar-free jelly 0PP

8/29 so far - rubbish, totally rubbish. Think I'll have a glass of orange juice later, see if that can tempt me to eat. I don't even fancy chocolate!!

Michaela x

Holy smoke, level 1 Shred completed :eek: 20 minutes, really?? Felt like a whole lot longer. No mention at the beginning of possibly requiring Tena Lady either :p

I certainly feel like I've done something, my legs are a bit more jelly-like than usual lol. I'm scared I won't even be able to move tomorrow, much less Shred :D :D

Well done!!!!

Last edited:
Well done for shredding! Gets easier I promise xx

Morning all,
Day 2 Shred completed. The first round of cardio really gets me but knowing the whole thing is 20 minutes keeps me on track. I'll trust you Carly when you say it gets easier. You were my motivation for getting Ms Michael's lol.

Food wise:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

Lunch:
Salad and LC extra light triangle 0PP
WW peach yogurt 1PP
Pink n White 1PP

Dinner:
105g Fillet steak, raw weight 4PP
1 x tbspn sour cream 1PP
Salad 0PP

Misc mini-snack 3PP
250ml Tropicana smooth orange juice 3PP
Special K cereal bar 2PP

18/29 so far.

Have a good day.

Last edited:
Well done Micheala on the Shredding . great energy girl. bet it will really help the weight loss . Keep it up now.

Well done!! I promise it does!! Xx

My legs are aching badly tonight, already I'm feeling "shredded" lol. Not sure how I'll fare tomorrow but I'm going to try! My weight loss has slowed down so much that I need to jolt my body into moving again. Having looked at my food diaries this week I really need to sort the eating out too - perhaps I'm eating too little and my body is holding onto the weight more? I don't know whether I truly believe in the starvation mode thing?

Off out tomorrow night with DH - food is supposed to be a buffet with cold meats so guess that should be fairly ok to stay within plan. Mind you the desserts and drinks may be a little harder to resist :p

WI tomorrow morning too :)

Michaela

Good luck for WI! I defo believe eating too little is as bad as too much!! Maybe experiment :) x

Morning all,
Have just weighed in, and... 1lb loss. This gives me my 2st 7lb target - something I REALLY wanted to achieve. All the way along I have set mini-goals which I'm sure has kept me focused. Small achievements and all that!

My son has his first taster session in reception class this morning so it's all a bit 'go'. He's been at pre-school for 12 months and at a special school since September so fingers crossed he enjoys today's new experience.

Have a great day!

Food:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

Well done hun! Hope u and ur son have lots of fun xx

Hi Michaela , Wil be thinking of you this morning and your little special guy. Im sure he will be fine and enjoy it. I know different situations and change can be difficult for special kids but you usually find the people who work in these classes be they teachers or SNA's are very tuned in and know how to cope with all situations. They are angels in disguise and have a real vocation for their work.

I am at the other end with my lady graduating to Adult services next year but I still remember her first day in special school and it being very emotional . (she was about 8 mainstreamed before that).

Thanks Breda. Alex was a bit unsure about going into reception - he's been wanting to go for ages but of course now it's time, he didn't fancy it! His current 1:1 kept saying to him "we're going into Class 1 now" and I asked her to add "then we'll go into pre-school" - to add a positive to the scary situtation he was in. School are currently interviewing for a new 1:1 and I'm hoping for a special kind of person - I'm sure it'll be ok. Just a nervy time at the moment. Good luck withyour daughter's transition into Adult Services.

Hi all,

THe little fella enjoyed his time in reception class yesterday morning - I think he was there for about 1.5 hours which was fab. There were times he was a little bit apprehensive apparently but all (hopefully!) resolvable. DH and I enjoyed our night out too so it's all good.

Friday's food:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

Walkers baked, cheese & onion 3PP
WW raspberry yogurt 1PP
Sugar-free jelly 0PP

120g roasted turkey (approx weight) 5PP
Tspn horseradish (just because I love it!) 0PP
0.5 tbspn coleslaw 1PP
New potatoes (x2) in butter 1PP
Salad 0PP
0.5 white crusty roll with scraping of butter 3PP
Meringue nest 2PP
1.5 tbspn whipped cream 2PP
Raspberries 0PP

125ml orange juice 1PP
100ml dry white wine 2PP

24/29 PP

Saturday:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

McDonalds grilled chicken salad with balsamic dressing 3PP

122g Pork loin steak, raw weight 5PP
Tbspn Colman's apple sauce 0PP
Salad 0PP
Sugar-free jelly 0PP

11/29 so far... to be topped up :p

I've also decided to 'allow' myself to go into my weeklies now and then, eg if DH and I go out for lunch that's ok rather than rule myself so stringently. Time to start experimenting :)

Still shredding too. It's hard but really enjoyable. Haven't ever done an exercise DVD more than twice before so this is a new experience.

Michaela x

Hi

Great news that you are shredding...it's great isn't it!!! I've been doing level 2 last few days its like starting it all over again, damn you ms michaels!!!

hope you are having a good weekend x

Sounds like a plan!!! Xx

DoingItForMe said:
Hi all,

THe little fella enjoyed his time in reception class yesterday morning - I think he was there for about 1.5 hours which was fab. There were times he was a little bit apprehensive apparently but all (hopefully!) resolvable. DH and I enjoyed our night out too so it's all good.

Friday's food:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

Walkers baked, cheese & onion 3PP
WW raspberry yogurt 1PP
Sugar-free jelly 0PP

120g roasted turkey (approx weight) 5PP
Tspn horseradish (just because I love it!) 0PP
0.5 tbspn coleslaw 1PP
New potatoes (x2) in butter 1PP
Salad 0PP
0.5 white crusty roll with scraping of butter 3PP
Meringue nest 2PP
1.5 tbspn whipped cream 2PP
Raspberries 0PP

125ml orange juice 1PP
100ml dry white wine 2PP

24/29 PP

Saturday:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

McDonalds grilled chicken salad with balsamic dressing 3PP

122g Pork loin steak, raw weight 5PP
Tbspn Colman's apple sauce 0PP
Salad 0PP
Sugar-free jelly 0PP

11/29 so far... to be topped up :p

I've also decided to 'allow' myself to go into my weeklies now and then, eg if DH and I go out for lunch that's ok rather than rule myself so stringently. Time to start experimenting :)

Still shredding too. It's hard but really enjoyable. Haven't ever done an exercise DVD more than twice before so this is a new experience.

Michaela x

Food sounds fab!!!! Glad to hear your little man enjoyed reception class.....how did you find the time without him?

Morning all,

Just completed day 5 of the shred. Some of it is definitely getting a little easier but damn jump ropes is NOT funny in any way, shape or form lol. Aching (pain!) isn't as bad and I even look forward to my daily dose of Ms Michaels! Calorie Crusader... well done for starting level 2 - I daren't even look yet.

Yes - My little fella is in pre-school normally on Friday mornings so I didn't miss him as such but was certainly anxious and was pleased to collect him after lunchtime :)

Food:

20g Special K 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

Lunch
Salad and 1 x Laughing Cow extra light triangle 0PP
WW strawberry yogurt 1PP
Special K Choc chip bar 2PP

Dinner
116g Chicken breast, raw weight 3PP
Amoy noodles 6PP
Amoy S&S sauce 2PP
Cabbage, leeks, onion, carrots 0PP

Snacks
2 x Yorkie biscuit bar 6PP

23/29PP

I felt pretty grim after shredding this morning - dizzy etc, I think it was too hot. Might have to rethink my shredding time of day.

Have a great day, enjoy the sunshine :) x

Last edited:
Well done for Day 5! Xx

Well done !! You are soooo close... but don't do yourself a injury lol....Make sure you rehydrate as it is so awfully hot isn't it!! phew x

Back