DoingItForMe weight loss diary

Hi Micheala , well done on the 0.5 loss (every minus is a bonus) . Another 1/2lb butter gone off butt!!!!!!!

I think you could be right about your body craving snacks when you dont have bread,potatoes,potatoes. Carbs turn to glucose in the body so if you are not giving your body enough sugar it will try to get it elsewhere. better to have brown wholemeal bread,wholemeal pasta (tastes exactly the same when cooked) and potatoes in moderation . These take longer to process and keep your sugar levels steady for longer.

DoingItForMe said:
Evening all,
MrsM2007 - I know what you mean, with my goal weight in sight, it feels as though it's taking forever lol. Never mind, will stick with it.
Yes - The push ups certainly did something, lol.

Today's food:
29g Rice Krispies 2PP
142ml Skimmed Milk 1PP

Large salad with 1 x LC extra light triangle 0PP
WW Raspberry yogurt 1PP

Warburton's square wrap 4PP
0.5 small tin of plum tomatoes 0PP
62g Healthy eating half-fat mozarella ball 3PP
25g extra lean ham 1PP
1.5 pineapple rings 0PP
0.5 beef tomato 0PP
Red onion 0PP
Served with a side salad 0PP

Sugar-free jelly 0PP (having later on)
Curly Wurly 3PP (having later on)

15/22PP so far

Finding myself snacking so much recently made me question why? Well, firstly it's because I LOVE sweet things ;) but I also wondered whether it's down to my lack of bread/pasta/potatoes. Hence why this evening I made a pizza using the square wrap. It was super-yummy and well, well worth 8PPs.

I've also completed day 10 of Shred Level 1 and am thrilled I've stuck with that. This time I am really going to get my weight to where I want it to be :)

I think I have to agree...I crave sugar lately and want to snack and think it is down to not enough carbs...I might have to look into that as well.

Also woooooohooooo with the day 10 of the shred!! Fantastic!

Hi all,

I attempted day 1, level 2 of shred today - unbelievably difficult, I actually had to stop several times and even missed one exercise out completely. Horrendous. I'm also concerned about injury potential even with the modified versions of the exercises. I'll try again tomorrow but can't say I'm looking forward to it.

Food:
20g Rice Krispies 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

Warburton's square(ish) wrap 4PP
62g Half-fat Mozzarella 3PP
100g tinned tomatoes 0PP
Beef tomato 0PP
Pineapple 0PP
Red onion 0PP
WW Strawberry yogurt 1PP
Jacob's Club 3PP

88g Fillet steak, raw weight 3PP
0.5 tbspn sour cream 0PP
Salad 0PP

Sugar-free jelly 0PP

Also had an ice-cream today too so will point as 10PP - have no idea how to actually point it - it was a normal cone (not waffle style) and cookies and cream ice-cream, 1.5 scoops.

I think I'll write it down as 29/29 PP today :)

Yes - do you have a food diary? I always like to see what others are eating, gives me ideas too :)

Hi darling! I found level 2 impossible to start with and was so upset but I promise it gets easier... And I love level 3! U can do it :) and 1/2lb is fab!!! X

good lord! you are all doing so good with shredding! I have been putting it off but will have to commit to it. I think you are doing amazingly well, good luck with day 2 of level 2! xxxx

DoingItForMe said:
Hi all,

I attempted day 1, level 2 of shred today - unbelievably difficult, I actually had to stop several times and even missed one exercise out completely. Horrendous. I'm also concerned about injury potential even with the modified versions of the exercises. I'll try again tomorrow but can't say I'm looking forward to it.

Food:
20g Rice Krispies 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

Warburton's square(ish) wrap 4PP
62g Half-fat Mozzarella 3PP
100g tinned tomatoes 0PP
Beef tomato 0PP
Pineapple 0PP
Red onion 0PP
WW Strawberry yogurt 1PP
Jacob's Club 3PP

88g Fillet steak, raw weight 3PP
0.5 tbspn sour cream 0PP
Salad 0PP

Sugar-free jelly 0PP

Also had an ice-cream today too so will point as 10PP - have no idea how to actually point it - it was a normal cone (not waffle style) and cookies and cream ice-cream, 1.5 scoops.

I think I'll write it down as 29/29 PP today :)

Yes - do you have a food diary? I always like to see what others are eating, gives me ideas too :)

Yep if you click on the girl swinging on the number seven it takes you there...but we all chat so goes down the page lol

Karen said:
good lord! you are all doing so good with shredding! I have been putting it off but will have to commit to it. I think you are doing amazingly well, good luck with day 2 of level 2! xxxx

Love your photo Karen, it just looks so natural x

Oh dear, I'm here to confess I TOTALLY lost the plot last night. Cheesed off with my shred attempt and general knackered-ness (is that even a word?) I went back to the old days. DH was upstairs playing on the XBox and I hit the kitchen cupboards. 3 x Chocolate Clubs, 1 x Curly Wurly and then a WHOLE PACKET of Cadbury's chocolate fingers :break_diet: :cry: I felt dreadful. Worst of all DH came downstairs and I had to hide the remaining choc fingers. Talk about ashamed. Was so bad I was actually ill.

BUT... that was yesterday and it's been and done. Time to move on. I guess we all have a bad day here and there and mine was done with chocolate excess. Key has to be to get right back on track.

Here ends my confession!

i binged yesterday too.... only thing either of us can do it stay on track from today. I had those milka bars of chocs and OD'ed on WW crisps (5 packs!) and some salted nuts. we cant change it so we'll have to get on with being angels from now :) xxx

Exactly just move on Micheala ,we have all done it but its just getting straight back at it again today . New day...new start..

Well done for coming on and making your confession . I know how hard that is (Temptation being to say nothing) But I think it is cleansing . (& embarrissing) so it is a deterrent.

Thank you all for your support. My gut feeling was to keep quiet and hide my binge. What's the point? We're all here for the same reason and I hate secret eating - undoubtedly that got me into trouble initially ;)

Carly, thank you for your words re Shred... I was really gutted that I found it so hard (/impossible!). Obviously I knew it'd be an uplift but I'd gone from feeling great to not ;)

Today's food:
40g Ready Brek-type cereal 4PP (made with water)
100ml skimmed milk 1PP

56g Tuna, in spring water, drained 1PP
Large salad 0PP
WW strawberry yogurt 1PP
Pink n White 1PP

Rocky choc/caramel biscuit 3PP

90g Chicken breast, skinless, raw weight 2PP
125g Tesco Lighter Choices tikka masala sauce 3PP
62g Long grain rice 6PP
(was going to make raita with fat-free yogurt but forgot, duh!)
Heading off now for sugar-free jelly and strawberries 0g

22/29 PP

I decided to skip Shred today - my heart just isn't in it today and my little fella was awake between 12am and 5am so I've had it today lol. Early night and Shred will re-commence tomorrow :)

Hi petal!

Honestly I nearly cried on day 1 of level 2! Felt like all those 10 at level one were worthless and i was soooo unfit... But it got better... And level 3 is brilliant :) bk to it tomorrow missy!!

And well done for confessing binge! I used to secret eat too... The guilt us awful... But sharing it is so brave hun and shows the change :) well done for getting bk to it today :) xxxx

Aw Carly, that's EXACTLY how I felt. Level 1 was really tough to begin with but I was so unprepared for the mental anguish of level 2. Took yesterday off, just wasn't in the right headspace but have returned to the Shred fold today :D It was hard, obviously, but I completed far more than did on day 1. Back on the wagon now lol.

Today's food:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

56g Tuna, in springwater, drained 1PP
Salad 0PP
WW peach yogurt 1PP
Special K bar 2PP

Pink n White 1PP

90g Chicken breast, raw weight 2PP
Amoy noodles 6PP
Amoy S&S sauce 2PP
Cabbage, leek, carrots, spring onion & onion
Strawberries & sugar-free jelly 0PP

Curly Wurly or Club later 3PP
21/29PP

almost forgot... our oven blew up tonight, and I do mean blew up... bang, smoke etc. THis is horrendous. We are due to have a new kitchen installed mid-August but can't see how we are genuinely going to manage with a hob and microwave until then :( It only had to last another few weeks.

Oh Hell !!! Ye must have got a real fright..Thats annoying that a new one is due mid august. Is there any way you could get a CHEAP second hand one that would last the two months.Im sure as well that i have seen a small oven/grill for around 60 euro in Aldi /Lidl . Just throwing out ideas :sigh:

Well done for shredding!!! Hope that u get somet sorted with the oven :s x

Shame you don't live near me as my brother has a domestic appliance shop ... but look at it this way...you will learn to adapt quickly... we did when we were building our kitchen lol...

Keep up the shredding x

Evening all,

All is not lost on the oven front, we've discovered the top oven is still working - not quite as well as it did but nonetheless it is working. Immediate panic has receded, phew!

Today's menu:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

25g Extra lean ham 1PP
Salad 0PP
Special K bar 2PP
Club 3PP

50g Smoked salmon 2PP
Salad 0PP
Sugar free jelly and strawberries 0PP

Shredding done - bizarrely my feet really ache as do my shoulders. Must be doing some good then :p

Had a busy day, home visit from son's OT this morning to talk about home adaptations, work, various chores eg bank, bit of grocery shopping, school pick up, son to osteopath, home. Phew, think I'll have an early night!

Hope everyone is ok :)

Well done for shredding! Glad part of oven working! Xx

Back