DoingItForMe weight loss diary

I can sympathise with all the doctors, therapist appointments . When B was younger I was on the road day and night. Some of them will be great ,others you will wonder why you got out of bed .. goes with the territory I think ..

Glad your oven is still working anyway . :D:D

Glad you still have half a cooker ... don't wear yourself too thin with being here there and everywhere.. but then again.. being a woman we have no choice do we! lol x

Hope ur ok x

Hi all,
Phew, what a week. All the appointments etc really were full-on this week, with the exception of one, all were ok. Breda - it gets relentless at times doesn't it?! Heigh ho, all for the good eh! Just ran out of time to get here yesterday so here we go:

Wednesday:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP
Pink n White 1PP

50g Smoked Salmon 2PP
Salad 0PP
WW yogurt 1PP
Special K cereal bar 2PP

135g Fillet steak, raw weight 5PP
tbspn sour cream 1PP
Salad 0PP
Sugar-free jelly and strawberries 0PP
Skinny Cow lolly 2PP
Special K bar 2PP

19/29

Today:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP
Pink n White 1PP

20g Extra lean ham 1PP
Salad 0PP
WW strawberry yogurt 1PP
Special K bar 2PP
Curly Wurly 3PP

120g Salmon fillet, raw weight 6PP
JD glaze 1PP
Salad 0PP
Sugar free jelly 0PP

18/29PP (May have something else shortly, see how I feel).

I got on the scales this morning and they are showing a gain. Obviously things can (and do) change but I really don't know what more I can do if I don't get a loss tomorrow. This week I've earnt 21 AP - not loads but a LOT more than I have prior to starting shredding. My water intake has been significantly upped too. Oh well, worry not, tomorrow will bring what it does.

On a positive note, level 2 is becoming 'easier', I don't feel like I'll need the air ambulance immediately afterwards :D

Yay to AP :) how many weeklies do u normally eat? Good luck for WI xx

:8855: Air ambulance.. that did make me chuckle... Keep at it... we will all get there in the end xx

I'm glad I made you laugh Jacqui - honestly I felt TERRIBLE after day one of level 2 :p

1lb off today so I am really, really happy. Given me another boost to stay strong. I've felt a twinge in my back earlier whilst lifting my little chap and it's left me a bit sore - no shred tonight - I daren't risk it. Back into the throughs tomorrow though.

Today's menu:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

56g Tuna, in spring water, drained 1PP
Salad 0PP
Walkers baked 3PP

70g Chicken breast, raw weight 2PP
Amoy noodles 6PP
Amoy S&S sauce 2PP
Cabbage, leek and onion 0PP (just realised we have no carrots!)
Sugar free jelly 0PP

Snacks:
Pink n White 1PP
Special K cereal bar 2PP
1 x LC extra light triangle 0PP

21/29PP tbc :p

On a separate note I'm really struggling logging into the WW site. I use Safari on a Mac and seem to have this challenge every few weeks for no clear reason. A few days later the situation resolves itself - all very strange but mostly hugely irritating!

Have a good evening xx

congrats on the 1lb loss xxx I am still putting the shredding off... but will get to it eventually lol. i am thinking that it might be worth starting it when i do my 3 weeks of training for new job as i wont have as much time to go up \tors or to the gym. glad level 2 is getting easier! xxx

Well done for the 1lb loss :) hope ur back feels better soon :) have a lovely weekend xx

Evening all,

Back on the shred tonight, I'm always tempted to give up half way through but feel great when I keep with it. I was tempted to eat two Club biscuits last night (I had the points spare) but had an Eat Natural nut and fruit bar instead - it was lush, 6PP. It felt better using points on that rather than two choc biscuits. I'm trying to use a few more of my PPs - the first few months I stuck to 29 (or very close to) then once the weight loss eased up I used fewer PPs. I've only dipped into my weeklies twice and as such my mindset has become somewhat rigid. The fear is if I eat all my dailies (let alone any weeklies) then at best I'll STS or worse still will gain. One can try :p

20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

Salad 0PP
WW raspberry yogurt 1PP

90g chicken breast, raw weight 2PP
125g Tesco lighter choice tikka masala sauce 3PP
62g Long grain rice 6PP
100g Fat free organic yogurt with chopped cucumber and spring onion 1PP

Small piece of birthday cake 5PP

22/29 PP

DoingItForMe said:
Evening all,

Back on the shred tonight, I'm always tempted to give up half way through but feel great when I keep with it. I was tempted to eat two Club biscuits last night (I had the points spare) but had an Eat Natural nut and fruit bar instead - it was lush, 6PP. It felt better using points on that rather than two choc biscuits. I'm trying to use a few more of my PPs - the first few months I stuck to 29 (or very close to) then once the weight loss eased up I used fewer PPs. I've only dipped into my weeklies twice and as such my mindset has become somewhat rigid. The fear is if I eat all my dailies (let alone any weeklies) then at best I'll STS or worse still will gain. One can try :p

20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

Salad 0PP
WW raspberry yogurt 1PP

90g chicken breast, raw weight 2PP
125g Tesco lighter choice tikka masala sauce 3PP
62g Long grain rice 6PP
100g Fat free organic yogurt with chopped cucumber and spring onion 1PP

Small piece of birthday cake 5PP

22/29 PP

Your food sounds lovely...........curry mmmmmmmmmm lush!
xxx

Thanks Tracy and Jo. Tracy, the curry was really tasty. Pre WW I would have had a takeaway chicken tikka masala, pilau rice, naan bread and possibly a couple of poppadums... dread to think the PP of that little lot. Obviously my version was significantly smaller and no breads etc but still yummy and I didn't feel deprived. Looking back my portion control was outrageous, no control whatsover.

Jo, adding a little exercise definitely makes me feel better. I can see improvements in my stamina after just a short time. Shred suits me perfectly in that it drives me hard but I know it'll all be over in 20 mins :p

Today's food:
30g Shreddies 3PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP
100ml Tropicana smooth orange juice 1PP

20g extra lean ham 1PP
Salad 0PP
WW strawberry yogurt 1PP

Biscuits @ mother in law's 5PP

Warburton's square wrap 4PP
Half fat mozzarella 3PP
Tomato puree, tomato, pineapple, red onion 0PP

Still to have...
sugar free jelly & strawberries 0PP
Possibly Club 3PP

22/29PP

I also bought a Twirl today for a treat during the week :)

This morning I went shopping for a jacket for a meeting on Wednesday. Found a lovely red jacket in M&S, not a colour I would have considered pre weight loss. It fitted perfectly and I felt amazing. Moments like that really make the work worthwhile.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend x

Looking good! Well done for the shred!! :) x

Hi Micheala , isnt it brilliant when something really nice fits like that and its not a case of "it'll do" . Well done you. :D

You shouldnt be afraid to use all your points though. You should still loose your 1-2lb a week using all your dailies and weeklies...

Hope yur little man is well and enjoying his new class or is he off for the summer now. B has july education here . Does that happen with you too?.

Hi Breda,
Little man has two weeks of school left (pre-school and special school) before the summer break. He's had three taster sessions in Reception and each one is easier for him, fingers crossed for September. I hope B is enjoying summer ed - I don't know how we'll fill our days for 6 weeks tbh.

I'm trying really hard to use as many dailies as I can this week. It's about changing my rigid mindset, otherwise I know the weight will go back on ;) and no way do I want that happening!

Have a great day, I'll be back later to write my food list.

wow, i find it hard to get my head around the fact you have the ability to buy a twirl to eat at a later date. For me, its doubtful that it'd make it from the shop to the car! Happy shredding xxx

Pmsl Karen.... we share the same view of 'later date'... later has been and gone. Twas very nice too, so nice I carried on eating goodies :p

30g Shreddies 3PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

25g Extra lean ham 1PP
Salad 0PP
2 x Weight Watchers yogurt 2PP
Special K cereal bar 2PP
Twirl 6PP
Choc biscuit 3PP
Pink n White 1PP

90g Chicken breast, raw weight 2PP
Amoy noodles 6PP
Amoy S&S sauce 2PP
Carrots, cabbage, leek, spring onion (copious quantity lol) 0PP
Sugar-free jelly & strawberries 0PP

29/29 PP

Yummy Stuff! X

Hi Micheala .I love your avatar picture its nice to put a face to the person:D:D. I forgot you finish school later in England than we do. Its great actually that B has July education, as like you say, how do you entertain them for 8 weeks. This way she is off for a good 4 weeks and its enough for everyone. She loves her routine and school and going off on her bus . She gets bored and would be just in her room playing songs on the computer. (over and over again)Its not good for her and its impossible to do things with her all the time with house and two men to look after too!!!!.

Well done on using all the dailies .You do need to be eating at least that much. I dont have a problem in that area :eek::eek:
I am trying to stay within my weeklies!!!

Hi all,

Breda - Alex loves going to school and I know the change in routine will take some managing for the early couple or weeks or so lol. I've just found details of a playscheme for children with SN so I'm about to make enquiries.

Has anyone seen the pictures of Pauline Quirke following her weight loss? I didn't recognise her.

Today's food plan:

30g Shreddies 3PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

Warburton's square wrap 4PP
Half-fat mozzarella 3PP
Cherry tomatoes, red onion, pineapple 0PP
Strawberries and sugar free jelly (didn't eat it from last night lol) 0PP
Twirl from a multipack 5PP (calculated from NVs)

120g Smoked haddock 2PP (not had this before but it looked lovely in M&S!)
Salad 0PP
WW yogurt 1PP
Club or similar 3PP

22/29
I'll be back later :p

Last edited:
Back