DoingItForMe weight loss diary

Hi Micheala . that definitly would be good for him . I find if they are at home too long they get stuck in their own stuff (that they enjoy) and move further in to their own little world. The stimulation of other kids and new situations is definitly good . (and mum gets a few hours break !!)
Mmmmm smoked haddock . Loved this as a kid. my mother used to boil it in milk though!!! . Looked orange then on the plate. nice though !!!

That's exactly it Breda - if I 'let' Alex do his own thing too much then he gets so absorbed in that to the exclusion of everything else and then it becomes really difficult to move him to something else! I rang up about the playscheme and it appears they are fully booked so I'm really disappointed :( Never mind she did say she'd send info for booking NEXT Summer! Ah well.

Smoked haddock wasn't great - sure it was nice enough but not really my thing so I've eaten about 2/3 of it.

In a positive note... I bought a multipack of Twirls today (four for £1) and decided to have one after lunch.. I thought it looked smaller than the one I had yesterday and sure enough it was lol. Used the NVs to calculate PP and it was 5PP rather than 6PP... well, every point counts eh lol.

Think I'll have a WW yogurt and a biscuit later so I'll add that to my food list.

We're off to London tomorrow (business rather than pleasure) so PP will almost certainly fall into oblivion!

Love putting a face to name :Dxx

Evenin' all,

Yesterday was a hard, tiring day and I was glad to pickup the little fella last night and get to bed. Food wise went a bit awry as I knew it would - we had a meeting which started at 11.30am and ran until gone 2pm. I'm not working out the PPs but will list the food anyway - I know I've gone into my weeklies and I'm surprisingly ok about that ;) Had a lovely break in a coffee shop opposite the Royal Courts of Justice - was quite interesting listening to the media folk chatting about the Julian Assange case!!

30g Shreddies 3PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP
That's the end of pointing!

Chocolate twist (like a twisted pain au chocolat)
Half a buffet sized granary roll with mozzarella, tomato and pesto
Tuna mayo and rocket sandwich on super-delicous bread :p
Uh oh.. Krispy Kreme chocolate iced ring doughnut

Walkers baked 3PP
Orange Club 3PP

I didn't Shred yesterday either.

Thursday's menu:
30g Shreddies 3PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

20g Extra lean ham 1PP
Salad 0PP
WW black cherry yogurt 1PP
Pink n White 1PP

120g Salmon fillet, raw weight 6PP
Jack Daniels glaze 1PP
Salad 0PP
Sugar free jelly 0PP

Skips 2PP
Silly biscuit snacking... 10PP :eek:

26/29

Day 9, level 2 Shred done.

Right, I'd better go and actually cook my dinner. WI tomorrow and I suspect a STS following yesterday's not-so-healthy menu and today's wastage of 10PP. Hey ho, I'm still quite happy because the 'old' me would have eaten so much worse yesterday - I would have drunk hot chocolate (with cream) rather than opting for tea. Equally I would have gone for a high fat sarnie eg BLT with mayo etc.... therefore I'm actually happy that I'm making better choices :)

M x

Hello all,

WI gave me a 0.25lb gain. My first one and I am absolutely gutted. My first instinct is I can't eat any weeklies and lose weight - something I've always felt! Trying to be a bit more realisitic it's probably just one of those things - I did eat a lot of sweet things the past two days ;)

New day today and time to move on :)

30g Shreddies 3PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

50g Smoked salmon 2PP
Salad 0PP
WW strawberry yogurt 1PP

100g fillet steak, raw weight 5PP
tbsp sour cream 1PP
Salad 0PP
Sugar free jelly 0PP

Snacks:
2 x Special K cereal bar 4PP
Pink N White 1PP
Twirl 5PP
Other snacks 4PP

27/29

Last edited:
Hey petal! Are u sure it isn't that u aren't eating enough? Coz u should have ur dailies everyday and maybe a few weeklies? How much exercise r u doing? Hugs x

Hi Micheala . 0.25 lb is nothing (a small poo!!!!!) I would take it as a STS which everyone has at some stage. As Carly said I wouldnt cut out your weeklies completely . As far as I know your dailies and your weeklies still add up to the same amount of Cals(points) that we had on the old system so we do need them. It could be a case of not eating enough !!!

Thanks Carly and Breda, I guess the first gain or STS hits you hard. I have eaten loads of sugar again but so be it ;)

Carly, I'm only shredding once a day which I point as 3 AP. I suspect my body has just hit a bit of a plateau and I need to play around with my food a bit more, trial and error. I won't forget the weeklies and perhaps you are right, eating not enough could mean my body is holding onto weight.

On a positive note I completed level 2 Shred today so it's on to level 3 tomorrow... I'm sure that'll refocus my mind :p

Level 3 is awesome!!!

I think u probs aren't eating enough if u shred every day chick :) hope ur ok xx

Thanks Jo - I think the fact that my goal weight is now in sight the challenge feels harder. Mad but true (in my world, anyway :p). The logical part of me knows that 0.25lb is nothing in the scheme of things and I've been fortunate not to experience a gain/STS so far. However, the not-so-logical part of me felt like it was the end of the world.

We went out for lunch today and I was so very tempted to have something with chips lol held back and had a Twirl this afternoon instead :D

35g Jordans Country Crisp (raisin) 4PP super yummy
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

Grilled chicken and bacon salad with fat-free dressing 5PP (guessed at 100g chicken and 1 rasher of bacon plus a PP extra)

50g Smoked salmon 2PP
Salad 0PP
Sugar free jelly 0PP

Snacks:
Twirl (multipack) 5PP
Skinny cow brownie lolly 2PP
2 Finger Kitkat 3PP
Skips 2PP

24/29PP

Day 1 of Shred level 3 is now under my belt.... hard but generally doable. Jillian Michaels is fab, hard but motivating. I'm looking forward to making progress over the next few days. Carly - "awesome" just about sums level 3 up :D :D

Thank you all for being so supportive - without my daily stop here I'm sure I'd have fallen right off the wagon :)
Michaela x

Told u level 3 was brill!!!

Well done for resisting chips :D impressed! X

Hello all,

I'm feeling brilliant as a result of Shred. I can see so much difference in terms of my stamina, ability and strength. Beyond doubt my muscles are firming up - still a few layers of wobble to work off but underneath everything is definitely getting hard!

Today's food:
30g Shreddies 3PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP
WW peach yogurt 1PP

56g Tuna, in springwater, drained 1PP
Lots of salad 0PP
Skips 2PP
Special K cereal bar 2PP
Skinny cow brownie lolly 2PP
Banana 0PP

83g Chicken breast, raw weight 2PP
Amoy noodles 6PP
Amoy S&S sauce 2PP
Cabbage, leeks, onion, spring onion and carrots 0PP (What a plateful!)
Sugar-free jelly 0PP

22/29PP

Glad u are enjoying the shred :) xx

Day 3, level 3 completed - felt harder today but nonetheless I did it and this is what it's about. Had a carpenter in today making and fitting shelves into our new larder, it's looking great and I'll be pleased to get stuff out of plastic crates and back onto shelves lol. Earlier on I spotted two boxes of Ryvita Crackerbread - I went through a phase of eating loads, they don't appeal as much now.

Today's food so far:
30g Shreddies 3PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

20g Extra lean ham 1PP
Salad 0PP
WW black cherry yogurt 1PP
Special K cereal bar 2PP

120g Salmon fillet, raw weight 6PP
Jack Daniels glaze 1PP
Salad 0PP
Sugar free jelly and strawberries 0PP

Pink n White 1PP
I'm going to allocate 5PP for snacking earlier (had a little of DS's egg sarnie!)

21/29 so far... may have something else later on :p

Yay!!! One week of shred left! U are doing amazing xxx

Lol Carly, I hadn't realised it's only one week left of Shred. I don't know what to do once I've completed - may go back to level 1 and see how my stamina has improved, that should be interesting. Decided to measure myself tonight to compare Vs day 1 of Shred...
Thighs -2cm each
Hips -2cm
Waist no change
Bust -1.5cm
Arms -0.5cm each
9.5cm gone and 2.5lb lighter too. That puts my 0.25lb gain into perspective, good to look at the bigger picture eh? ;)

Today's food:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

25g extra lean ham 1PP
Salad 0PP
WW raspberry yogurt 1PP
Special K cereal bar 2PP

100g Fillet steak, raw weight 4PP
50g fat free natural yogurt with chopped cucumber 1PP (instead of sour cream)
Salad 0PP
Strawberries and sugar-free jelly 0PP

Planning on having a bag of Boots Shapers maple syrup flavour popcorn 2PP
and possibly a Curly Wurly too 3PP

17/29PP will probably increase that with orange juice or cereal. Mind you, have to eat dinner first :p

Well done on the loss of inches Micheala . The pounds will follow dont worry . you are really comitted to this ... You should be seeing a big difference in your clothes with all that inch loss !!!!! Well done you :D:D

Evenin' all,

Nothing much to report from today, aside from yet more rain!

Today's menu:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

25g extra lean ham 1PP
Salad 0PP
WW peach yogurt 1PP
Special K cereal bar 2PP

90g Chicken breast, raw weight 2PP
125g Tesco light choice tikka masala sauce 3PP
62g long grain rice 6PP
100g fat free yogurt 1PP with chopped cucumber 0PP
Sugar-free jelly and strawberries 0PP

Snacks:
Pink n White 1PP
Small piece of flapjack 3PP
Will probably have Shapers maple popcorn again tonight, well worth 2PP or Skinny Cow @ 2PP

25/29 PP

I hope Harley had his picnic today Jo, it's so disappointing when the weather gets in the way.

Shred feels like it's getting harder, I don't whether it really is or whether it's because I know the end is in sight :D

Today's menu:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

A small slither of choc topped rice krispie cake @ Preschool 3PP

56g Tuna, in springwater, drained 1PP
Salad 0PP
WW peach yogurt 1PP
Special K cereal bar 2PP

90g Fillet steak, raw weight 3PP
Fancied onion rings so sauteed chopped onion in a little Fry Light 0PP
Salad 0PP
Sugar-free jelly 0PP

Planning on having a Curly Wurly 3PP and
Skinny Cow brownie lolly 2PP

18/29PP

I had a quick SP this morning and things look good for a 0.5lb loss, that would see last week's 0.25lb gain plus 0.25lb, that would make me happy, fingers crossed for tomorrow now :p

Loving the measurements!!! :) I've kinda relaxed post shred but will increase again in August ;) lol
Cx

Back