DoingItForMe weight loss diary

Hi everyone,

An emotional day today, my wonderful son finished pre-school - such a big milestone for him. The leavers ceremony was wonderful with each child receiving a framed photo of themselves with a poem about their time in pre-school... properly tear-jerking. Alex's 1:1 is also leaving to move to a full-time post in a special school so it's change all round. I want to enjoy our summer together as much as is possible - I'm in awe of all he achieves and so proud :)

WI showed a 1.5lb LOSS... bloomin' marvellous. Except... next time I stepped on the scales (minutes later, no food/drink etc) they showed a STS. The numbers then were fluctuating a fair bit. Took DS to school and weighed myself again - once again it showed a 1.5lb loss. Hmm, don't know what to make of it really. Will WI again tomorrow morning just to see. I've never known my scales (Salter electronic) to fluctuate before!

Today's menu:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

50g Smoked salmon 2PP
Salad 0PP
WW raspberry yogurt 1PP
Special K cereal bar 2PP

120g Salmon fillet, raw weight 6PP (poor planning after salmon for lunch)
Jack Daniels glaze 1PP
Salad 0PP
Walkers baked cheese & onion 3PP
Planning:
Skinny Cow lolly 2PP
Curly Wurly 3PP
WW yogurt 1PP
:p

24/29PP

Awww that sounds emotional!! I would stick with the 1.5 - that's fab!!!!! :D well done xx

Hi all,

The scales showed 1.5lb loss again this morning so I'm v happy. Just two days of Shred left but it feels as if it is getting harder, that doesn't sound logical but it's true. Had a nice day today, did Alex's physio this morning followed by lunch out - always lovely! We then went to look at potential new flooring for our kitchen, the rep is coming out next week to measure up so that's a step closer. Bought a logo'd sweatshirt for Alex starting school in September then finally a trip to B&Q to look at wood stains for shelving in the new larder - need to do a bit more research, I'm really not a DIYer lol.

Today's food:
2 x Hovis white medium bread 3PP
tspn Flora Pro-activ 0PP
15g Bonne Maman Strawberry conserve 1PP

Grilled chicken salad with a tbspn dressing 4PP
Taste of hubby's bread & butter pudding (fabulous!) 2PP

90g Chicken breast, raw weight 2PP
Amoy noodles 6PP
Amoy S&S sauce 2PP
Cabbage, leek, spring onion, red onion, carrots 0PP
Sugar-free jelly 0PP
Skinny Cow lolly 2PP
Snacks:
Walkers baked 3PP
Pink n White 1PP
Choc biscuit 3PP

29/29! Might even be tempted to use some weeklies - hush my mouth ;) :p

Hope scales stay playing nice :) xx

Hi Micheala, sounds like you are really doing well . Its amazing how emotional break ups like that are. I will never forget the day B left mainstream to go to her special school. All the girls (and boys) in her class were crying as they all used to mind her and they bought her a big raggy Anne doll. I still have pictures with them all and her SNA . It happens at all the milestones .. get used to it im afraid:D:D. Its like all the emotions are magnified TEN FOLD ....

Hello all,

First day of school hols is official over (well, if the little fella would go to sleep it would be lol). Yesterday's food went a bit oddly, seriously craved carbs lol. I wanted to order a pizza for dinner but thankfully I saw the light and held back. Yes, I would have enjoyed it but not that much.

I've also completed the 30 Day Shred :D Feel very, very proud of myself. I'm having an evening out tomorrow but come Wednesday I'll start level 1 again to see how hard I can now push myself.

Sunday's menu:
2 slices Hovis white medium 3PP
tspn Flora Pro-activ 0PP
15g Bonne Maman strawberry conserve 1PP

2 slices Hovis white medium 3PP (you see the theme now!)
1 Medium egg, poached 2PP
Skips 2PP
2 Finger Kitkat 3PP

2 x 30g Serving hot oat cereal made with water 6PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

Choc biscuit 3PP
Curly Wurly 3PP

27/29PP

Monday's food:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

50g Smoked salmon 2PP
Salad 0PP
WW black cherry yogurt 1PP
Special K cereal bar 2PP

85g Pork loin steak, lean, raw weight 4PP
tbspn Colman's bramley apple sauce 0PP
Salad 0PP
Sugar-free jelly 0PP
Planning: Skinny Cow 2PP & Yorkie Choc biscuit 3PP

Snacks 3PP

20/29PP

Yay!!!! Well done for completing the shred!!!! Xx

Hi all,

Typed a long post only for it to disappear, ah well...
Tuesday:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

56g Tuna, drained weight 1PP
Salad 0PP
2 x WW yogurts 2PP
Special K cereal bar 1PP

6oz Fillet steak, raw weight 6PP
2 x tbspn French dressing 2PP
Salad 0PP
1 x Vodka 2PP
Slimline tonic 0PP
2 x white wine 6PP

Choc biscuit 3PP
Special K bar 2PP

29/29PP

Wednesday:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

McDonald's grilled chicken salad with balsamic dressing 3PP
WW yogurt 1PP
Special K bar 2PP

80g Pork fillet, raw weight 3PP
Salad 0PP
Skinny Cow 2PP
Curly Wurly 3PP

Cake @ friend's house... guessed 5PP

22/29PP

Today has been a long day! Builders in this morning sorting out coving in the kitchen - I really don't cope well with people in my house lol. Son has been hard work this afternoon and is still jumping around in his bed. I know the hot weather really doesn't help but my head is really to split! Jumped on the scales this morning and looks as if a gain may show tomorrow... I don't know what the heck is going on anymore, I'm even considering having my weigh in fortnightly because I'm getting cheesed off with things as it stands!

20g Special K 2PP
100ml Semi-skimmed milk 1PP

McDonalds grilled chicken salad with balsamic dressing (again!) 3PP
2 x WW yogurts 2PP
Special K cereal bar 2PP

150g Fillet steak, raw weight 5PP
Salad 0PP
Strawberries & sugar-free jelly 0PP

Snacks:
Skinny Cow lolly 2PP
Walkers baked 3PP

20/29PP

Hope ur ok and WI goes ok! Hugs x

Morning all,
WI shows a gain of 0.5lb. This is now illogical. I've eaten more points this week than I have in a while - no weeklies and almost all of my dailies and I gain. I'm more cheesed off than down tbh. Obviously half a pound is a small amount but at my current weight loss rate that could take two weeks to get off. We've been out twice this week and both times I had salads with lean meat and without croutons, loads of dressings etc so deep down I know I couldn't have made better choices. I give up! Well, I don't, but you know what I mean ;)

20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP

To be continued.... :D

Sweetheart u still aren't eating all ur dailies?! U kno u must eat them all or ur body will go into starvation mode and hold onto anything u eat as fat! And I would honestly say u should eat a lot of ur weeklies too especially when ur exercising... Please try it for one week! Hugs xx

Thanks ladies, you are right I do need to eat my dailies and I am hereby declaring my intention to have a jolly good go! I haven't exercised this week (aside from my normal day to day stuff which I don't count) so I only had 12AP from last four days of Shred from last Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon.

Remainder of today's food:
25g Extra lean ham 1PP
Salad 0PP

KFC Fillet burger 12PP
Regular fries 7PP

I made cupcakes this afternoon with my lovely boy so pointed 6PP for tasting sponge and icing :D
29/29 :)

Attachments

• cupcakes.jpg
    cupcakes.jpg
    511.4 KB · Views: 32
sorry about the small gain, but i agree with carly too. hopefully eating more this week will give you a good result xxx

btw, those cakes look gorgeous!

Hi all,

Jo - I'll recheck the recipe I used for the buttercream and post it on later for you :)

Another lovely day here, had my haircut this morning - always feel loads better afterwards! Bought a pair of cropped jeans, a skirt, blouse, t-shirt and some new undies... all much needed now I am slimmer. That's what I need to hold onto - the pleasure (not money-wise though) of being able to choose clothes that I want to wear.

20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP
1 slice Hovis white medium 2PP
Flora pro-active spread (scrapping) 0PP
Scrapping of Bonne Maman strawberry conserve 0PP

Costa tuna sandwich, pointed from NVs 7PP

120g Salmon fillet, raw weight 6PP
Jack Daniels glaze 1PP
Salad 0PP
Strawberries and sugar-free jelly 0PP

1 x homemade cupcake... guessed 10PP?

29/29PP

Hi Jo, my buttercream icing is:
150g butter/Stork
300g icing sugar
2tbsp milk (use a little less when the weather is hot)
1.5tsp vanilla extract
That would prob cover 9-10 large cupcakes (maybe more!).

Hope that helps x

Morning all,

Given I am now making a real effort to eat all my daily PPs I am going to weigh myself daily and detail that here too. We all know we shouldn't weigh ourselves so frequently but this is just an exercise lol.

Fri 9.6
Sat 9.6
Sun 9 5.5 (-0.5lb)

Food:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml Skimmed milk 1PP
WW peach yogurt 1PP

Homemade cupcake 10PP (DS was at a party 12-2 so lunch didn't happen).

65g Chicken breast, raw weight 2PP
Amoy noodles 6PP
Amoy S&S sauce 2PP
Cabbage, carrots and onions 0PP

25/29PP so far - I am absolutely full to the brim but will try to eat something more to make 29/29... see, I am really trying this week :)

As I mentioned, Alex went to children's party this afternoon - they had a bouncy castle, which is so perfect for him. Whilst he can't walk independently, he can crawl like a demon so a bouncy castle gives him his independence :)

Hope everyone has a lovely day :) x

Last edited:
Yeah thats great hun, I used flora and I think that may be too oily for butter iceing. Will try it next time with butter or stork. Ta x
True, Flora is probably too oily - shame really, far better than butter lol.

Monday again. It's drizzling... I thought it was going to be sunny today. Still feels very muggy too. Alex and I are heading out to the swimming pool shortly, it opens at 10am, it's much nicer to go when it's a bit quieter lol.

Today's weight is 9 5.5, same as yesterday.

Food:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml Semi-skimmed milk 2PP
1 x Hovis medium white 2PP
Flora pro-activ & strawberry conserve 1PP

50g Smoked salmon 2PP
Salad 0PP
Velvet Crunch 2PP
WW black cherry yogurt 1PP
Special K cereal bar 2PP

WW leek and bacon quiche 9PP
Salad 0PP
Sugar-free jelly 0PP
Boots Shapers maple flavour popcorn 2PP

Snacks:
1 x Pink N White 1PP
Shortbread square (mini) 3PP

29/29PP

To be updated as the day progresses - just trying to think about spreading points more evenly throughout the day which is exactly how I started with WW! Jo - I'm having to make a conscious effort re points hence why I'm writing it down so early in the day lol. I'm determined to really try hard this week, that's all we can do... perhaps we'll both be surprised ;)

Have a great day x

Last edited:
Tbh Jo I think my saving of PPs until dinner time is how I ended up under-eating. Obviously time will tell what the results will be lol.

Swim was lovely and I'm hoping we'll go again on Wednesday. Alex loves it so I do too. In fact today he learnt how to float by himself... he was wearing a wetsuit so that probably helped bouyancy a bit but even so he was chuffed to bits :D

Back