DoingItForMe weight loss diary

It feels fab to be able to eat so well and still lose weight. (I remember this is exactly how I felt when I started WW before I started 'modifying' it!).

Took the little fella swimming this afternoon, another successful session. The rep from the glass company came today to measure for our new kitchen door/wall area. Fingers crossed we should have a quote early next week and confirm our order. Will be lovely having a 'proper' kitchen again.

20g Special K 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP
WW yogurt 1PP

50g Smoked salmon 2PP
Salad 0PP
WW yogurt 1PP
Pink n White 1PP

1.5 small cupcakes 8PP

90g Chicken breast, raw weight 2PP
Amoy noodles 6PP
Amoy S&S sauce 2PP
Loads of veg :eek: 0PP
Skinny Cow lolly or Boots popcorn 2PP

28/29PP prob have some OJ for that final point.

Mother in law's birthday tomorrow so off out to lunch... hoping to opt for a salad or steak. We've ordered a choc cake so I'll save a few points for a slice :p

Hi Micheala , just back after hols and reading all the diarys. You have been doing great. Well done to Alex for doing so well in the swimming. Brid adores water and can swim like a fish under water but refuses to kick her legs and do a "proper " swimming stroke . She spent hours in the pool on hols and its great for burning off energy.. She also loves the waves at the beach .

Hi all,
Had a bit of manic weekend - all good but just no time to stop and breath. Think I've managed to stay within dailies - bit tricky when eating out but I try to over-guesstimate. I do think that I'm pretty good working out weights of fish/meat now given I weigh it all at home.

We went swimming again yesterday and today and Alex is now able to float without his wetsuit (which was offering quite a bit of buoyancy!) so I'm proud of him again. His walking is progressing very slowly which is to be expected and I need to remember he isn't suddenly going to 'take off' so to speak.

Today's food:
30g Special K 3PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

2 x Hovis white medium 3PP
56g Tuna, in springwater, drained 1PP
Salad 0PP
Velvet crunch 2PP
Special K bar 2PP
Pink n White 1PP
WW yogurt 1PP
(quite a lot for lunch!)

Warburton square wrap 4PP
Half fat mozzarella 3PP
Onion & pineapple 0PP

Choc biscuit 3PP
Small slice of birthday cake 5PP
29/29PP

ETS. Breda, I'm so pleased you had a lovely holiday and Brid had fun too :) Alex can kick his legs but you have to remind him constantly! Trying to work arms too would be too much (at the moment).

Glad swimming is going well :) well done for ur loss xx

Hello all,

Another busy day and have only just eaten dinner.

20g Special K 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP

2 x Hovis white medium 3PP
56g Tuna 1PP
Salad 0PP
WW yogurt 1PP
Twirl (multipack one) 5PP

Amoy S&S sauce 2PP
Pile of veg 0PP

25g unsalted cashew nuts 4PP
Twix 8PP
Choc biscuit 4PP

33/29PP... that'll be 4 weeklies used then.

Alex has a trial 1:1 swimming lesson tomorrow morning. Hubby has just announced that he intended taking us out for breakfast (it's my birthday tomorrow) but the swimming lesson prevents this - prob a good thing really, a cooked breakfast would totally bust the PP budget :p

Happy Birthday to you Happy birthday to you :D:D. Enjoy your day . Hope Alex enjoys his 1:1 lesson. Will burn off a lot of that extra energy . !!

Happy Birthday :) have a brill day xx

Hope you are having a great day Micheala . Hope they are looking after you well :D:D

Hi all!
Yesterday was lovely other than Alex being a bit of monkey for most of the day! Never mind, calm was restored today lol.

After Alex's swimming lesson, we all went up to Bristol for lunch at TGI Friday's (don't even think about PPs!). I had a bbq chicken salad which was lovely but certainly calorie laden. Then headed into Cribbs Causeway for a spot of retail therapy. Sit down in Costa before heading home for chocolate cake, chocolate biscuits and simply chocolate. Hey, if you can't do it on your birthday, you have to worry ;) So, no PP counting yesterday but back on the wagon today.

20g Special K 2PP
Skimmed milk 1PP

2 x Hovis medium white 3PP
Marmite 0PP
Velvet crunch 2PP
WW raspberry yogurt 1PP
Special K cereal bar 2PP

Pink n White 1PP

156g Fillet steak, raw weight 5PP
Salad 0PP
WW yogurt 1PP
Snacks 3PP
21/29PP
Will leave the spare PPs following yesterday's splurge.

Hopped on the scales this am and showing 1.25lb gain... no great surprise really after two meals out and one too many chocolate goody. Official weigh on tomorrow.

Michaela x

Yesterday sounds like a really lovely day ;) glad u enjoyed and didn't u kno that everything is 0pp on birthday?! Lol
Xx

Glad you had a lovely time Micheala and dead right why shouldnt you have a splurge on your Birthday . Well done on getting back on the wagon today. Thats how its done. thought what Carly said was brilliant there everything is 0pp on your birthday !!! lovely :D:D

Yesterday's weigh in showed 0.25lb gain. Completely expected and actually ok - that can soon be shifted. Until... for some stupid reason I let the Sugar Monster get me yesterday and one thing led to another culminating in a (low fat) chocolate sponge pudding at 10pm last night - it was disgusting - overly sweet and just generally yuck. So much for back on wagon eh? I'm angry with myself for giving in. Nobody makes me eat rubbish. Today is better and will stay that way. We're away next weekend so I need this next few days to really count. Why, oh why do we do these things to ourselves?!

30g Special K 3PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP
WW yogurt 1PP

2 x Hovis white 3PP
56g Tuna 1PP
Velvet Crunch 2PP
WW yogurt 1PP
Special K cereal bar 2PP

WW quiche 9PP
Salad 0PP

Think I'll have a Twirl and that'll be 29/29PP

Out for lunch tomorrow but I've already planned to have a chicken caesar salad with dressing on the side ;)

M x

Hi all,

Today was going so well... it's ok, I'm still in points but not without a close shave lol. Mother in law had made a FABULOUS coffee and walnut cake for my birthday so I had a slice. She has also given us a 'healthy sized wedge' to bring home, together with a huge box of Ferrero Rocher chocs! It's ok though, I'm not going to succumb to such goodness. Does anyone know the PP in a Ferroro Rocher, I'd guesstimate 3-4?

2 x Hovis white 3PP
Bonne Maman 1PP
WW yogurt 1PP
50ml Skimmed milk 0PP

Chicken caesar salad 10PP (guessed but left most of parmesan and croutons).

50g smoked salmon 2PP
Salad 0PP
Velvet crunch 2PP
Coffee and walnut cake 10PP (?)
29/29

Have tomorrow's menu planned too. I'm taking Alex for a day-long physiotherapy reassessment at a charity in Somerset so food planning is essential lol.

Hope u enjoyed cake n choccies :) happy birthday! X

Hi all,
What a week. I knew it was going to be busy but this is frantic! All good on the food-front so fingers crossed that rogue 0.25lb gain will be gone come Friday.

Today:
2 x Hovis white 3PP
15g Bonne Maman strawberry 1PP
WW yogurt 1PP
50ml skimmed milk 0PP

50g Smoked salmon 2PP
Salad 0PP
Velvet crunch 2PP
Special K cereal bar 2PP
WW yogurt 1PP

Slice of coffee and walnut cake 10PP

Warburton's square wrap 4PP
Half-fat mozzarella 3PP
Onion, tomato, pineapple 0PP
29/29 PP

Alex has an appointment tomorrow with the orthopaedic surgeon to discuss whether he requires surgery etc for his feet/legs. Really not looking forward to it but trying not to worry about what we don't yet know!

Evening ladies!

I'm chuffed to pieces... Alex's appointment went really well and the surgeon has decided now is not the time to do anything with Alex. Given he is now starting to walk independently, he feels it would be totally wrong to take that away from Alex. Instead we're just going to 'see how things go' and reassess if and when we need to. I'm so relieved, felt incredibly sick waiting at the hospital.

Today's food:
20g Special K 2PP
142ml skimmed milk 1PP
WW yogurt 1PP

2 x Hovis white 3PP
56g Tuna 1PP
Salad 0PP
Velvet crunch 2PP
WW yogurt 1PP
Final tiny slice of walnut/coffee cake 5PP

Amoy noodles & S&S sauce 8PP
Cabbage, onions, carrots 0PP

Pink N White 1PP
Skinny Cow lolly 2PP
29/29PP

Hi all,

I'm still really happy with yesterday's appointment. Funny how something positive can carry you on.

2 x Hovis white 3PP
2 x Medium egg, poached 4PP
50ml skimmed milk 0PP

50g Smoked salmon 2PP
Salad 0PP
Velvet crunch 2PP
Aero biscuit 3PP
WW yogurt 1PP

Warburton square wrap 4PP
Half-fat mozzarella 3PP
Onion, pineapple and tomato 0PP

Skinny Cow 2PP
Pink n White 1PP
Made more cupcakes for neice's birthday so 4PP for tasting icing :p

29/29PP

Away for the weekend tomorrow - will try to eat as well as I can but won't be able to follow plan as well as I have done.

0.5lb loss this week! That equates to my 0.25lb gain last week and a 'new' 0.25lb too. 2.5lbs to my official target but another 2-3 from there would make me feel a bit more comfortable - a little safety net so to speak. Just have to be careful this weekend now lol.

Jo - being here does keep me on track. Reading everyone's experiences keep me motivated and determined. I guess it makes me realise we all experience similar highs and lows. I'm pretty confident I would have fallen off the wagon without coming here to confess lol! Have a lovely weekend. Here's hoping the weather picks up :) x

Back