Dolmio Light Bolognese sauce...confused on syns

charliebecca

Ive got 2 different syn values. Please help. When ur on the syn calculator on the SW website, it asks if you have food allowences now would i put that it has tomartos in it? becase when i do it says the sauce is free, but when i click know its says its syned 1 1/2 !!!

Dolmio Original Light Bolognese Sauce, jar 320g jar

extraeasy.gif
5½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 5½ Syns
green.gif
Green 5½ Syns

Dolmio Original Light Bolognese Sauce, jar 500g jar

extraeasy.gif
8½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 8½ Syns
green.gif
Green 8½ Syns

Dolmio Original Light Bolognese Sauce, jar 750g jar

extraeasy.gif
12½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 12½ Syns
green.gif
Green 12½ Syns

you would pick a free food allowance of tomatoes, at that is it's main ingredient. However I would be reluctant to say it is free. Have you been selecting the right weight etc when you put in the information?

If you read the syn calculator help section it says that sauces such as jars of pasta sauce are not eligible for a free food allowance.

If you read the syn calculator help section it says that sauces such as jars of pasta sauce are not eligible for a free food allowance.

ahhhh that would make sense then. Well sense into how they come up with their calculation, but not really much sense intp their theory, as if you used the same ingredients, by using a tin of tomatoes, and all the other bits, then it would be eligible.

They do like to make things complicated.

People will have to start doing a degree in slimming world, as there are so many hidden rules etc.

I think perhaps you are making life a bit more difficult for yourself by using the Syns Calculator rather than Syns Online.

With Syns Online, you can just put in the manufacturer and the product and get the syn value. I only use the Syns Calculator if I can't find what I am looking for in Syns Online.

I think perhaps you are making life a bit more difficult for yourself by using the Syns Calculator rather than Syns Online.

With Syns Online, you can just put in the manufacturer and the product and get the syn value. I only use the Syns Calculator if I can't find what I am looking for in Syns Online.

Dolmio sauce isn't on the syns online! Guess that's why its being calculated using the syn calculator.

you dont need to use the syns calculator for sauces, you can just work it out by applying 1 syn to every 20 calories.

Sauces don't qualify for a free food allowance, as I found out many months back. It was lucky I dont use them, as I would of been having extra hidden syns.

The foods with no free food allowance are quite well hidden on their website, hence why I never spotted it before.

Back