Domino's Pizza - Advice Needed!

ChrisPoole

Majorly Motivated Mofo
Hi all,

Tonight I'm off round a friends for our monthly annual gathering. 4 or 5 of us usually get together and play computer games / eat pizza one a month just as a bit of a guys night.

The problem I have is that I've been really working hard in the gym and eating healthy since Thursday and I don't want to lose the progress I've made. I also don't want to be anti-social and not eat with everyone else.

Can anyone advice me on something I could order from Domino's that would be damage limitation?

It's greatly appreciated!

Chris

If it has to be pizza, I'd make your own and take it with you. I think the average slice of takeaway pizza is 20 Syns!! So not worth it. As Sally said, you could make one using the smash pizza recipe. Alternatively, I make my pizzas by using a Weight Watchers tortilla wrap (5.5 Syns each) as a base and topping with tomato puree, toppings of your choice and then your HExA of grated cheese. You can also use the Warburtons square wraps which are slightly higher in Syns - I think they're 8 each.

Would the other guys go for a different takeaway to pizza? If so, chinese can be a real "bargain", syns-wise. You can have beef in black bean sauce for 5.5 Syns, and boiled rice is free. There are loads of SW friendly meals you could have from the chinese, so if the rest of the group is up for it you could try that?

You could weekly syn it. The syn values differ depending on toppings and how large the pizza is. For example a 10 slice pizza would be more syns per slice than an 8 syn, because the slices are bigger I guess.
A whole Personal sized pizza from Dominos is between 30 and 39 syns for the whole pizza, depending on toppings. This would take up two days worth of syns, so then you'd have to limit yourself rest of the week.
MAN I miss Dominos

I ended up having a small cheese and tomato pizza in the end and I didn't feel too bad afterwards. I just made sure I went to the gym the next day to try and do a bit of damage limitation!

smash pizza make it at thome and take it with you

Whoa a smash pizza.... I don't suppose you know the recipe of where I can find it? I'm extremely interested ;).

If you search the recipe threads there is plenty of people perfecting them :)

I will look right now! Thanks :D

It's your monthly night with your friends. I don't believe in completely depriving yourself.

Dominos is one of my weaknesses and when I started my SW journey I quickly realised this would be something I would need to curtail but not completely cut out altogether. Yes, a smash pizza is OK if you fancy a pizza on a regular night and don't want to hurt your diet, but everyone needs the occasional treat.

Even Domino's bad as it is, isn't something that needs to be struck off altogether.

Here is the nutritional information for Dominos:

http://www.takeafreshlook.co.uk/downloads/PizzasNutrition.pdf

As you can see, for example a personal cheese and tomato pizza is 559 calories which adds up to 25 syns. Just take your syns over the week and you can easily have this.

The Piri Piri pizza is even less at 481 cals / 24 syns

You could get them for even less syns if you opt for the reduced fat mozzarella when plaing your order.

The potato wedges for the entire container is 298 cals / 15 syns

Just watch out for the dips, the garlic and herb one is 174 cals / 9 syns just for the little pot! :(
The BBQ Dip is 2.5 syns

It's your monthly night with your friends. I don't believe in completely depriving yourself.

Dominos is one of my weaknesses and when I started my SW journey I quickly realised this would be something I would need to curtail but not completely cut out altogether. Yes, a smash pizza is OK if you fancy a pizza on a regular night and don't want to hurt your diet, but everyone needs the occasional treat.

Even Domino's bad as it is, isn't something that needs to be struck off altogether.

Here is the nutritional information for Dominos:

http://www.takeafreshlook.co.uk/downloads/PizzasNutrition.pdf

As you can see, for example a personal cheese and tomato pizza is 559 calories which adds up to 25 syns. Just take your syns over the week and you can easily have this.

The Piri Piri pizza is even less at 481 cals / 24 syns

You could get them for even less syns if you opt for the reduced fat mozzarella when plaing your order.

The potato wedges for the entire container is 298 cals / 15 syns

Just watch out for the dips, the garlic and herb one is 174 cals / 9 syns just for the little pot! :(
The BBQ Dip is 2.5 syns

Lola, your post is like a big pot of treasure for me! It's so nice knowing those things are all still within reach. I don't know what it is about pizza but I just LOVE it haha.

If my weigh in tonight goes well I may even treat myself to a nice personal pizza to celebrate! ;)

I had a gain but still treated myself to a personal pizza, my first in 6 months! I needed it after the week Ive had and needed to get it out of my system to not ruin another week! SO WORTH IT :D

Well I think it's great to see that you are looking forward with a positive attitude. Sometimes a nice little treat can inspire you to push on can't it. I think you will do just fine this week!

I know Chris I'm exactly the same, I love pizza! It's important to have a treat now and again :D

I'm craving domino's lately, when I get to the bottom end of my target I'll be treating myself (well as long as they have a decent offer on at the time lol) Don't know if I could go for a personal pizza... although I suppose I could have one without getting to the bottom of my target if I did and made sw wedges and bbq dip to go with it as well... just use weekly syns.... hmmm food for thought there

I do dream about reaching my Goal Weight and then being able to treat myself to pizzas etc knowing I'm happy with the size I am. It will be much easier to burn off one pizza than all of this initial weight!

That day will come and I can't wait ;)

I do dream about reaching my Goal Weight and then being able to treat myself to pizzas etc knowing I'm happy with the size I am. It will be much easier to burn off one pizza than all of this initial weight!

That day will come and I can't wait ;)

You'll get there!

And if you guys think its hard giving up pizza on sw, you could be me. I work at dominos! It's like torture.

You'll get there!

And if you guys think its hard giving up pizza on sw, you could be me. I work at dominos! It's like torture.

Ohhh wow!!! Now you really are in a hard predicament!! For me just seeing or smelling one makes me almost give in so make them and seeing them day in day out must be so hard! How do you deal with it?

Ohhh wow!!! Now you really are in a hard predicament!! For me just seeing or smelling one makes me almost give in so make them and seeing them day in day out must be so hard! How do you deal with it?

Well I make them, so I just think about all the syns in each topping and how the fat in the pizza could be around my hips!

Pizza is my fav food ever!!!

You and me both!!

I have to say, since I started SW I think I've had a cheese and tomato dominos pizza once a week for the whole time. It's usually as a treat for having a good weight loss that week and weirdly I don't feel very guilty about it anymore because I do actually believe that it helps suppress any other bad food cravings I get. There is no harm in treating yourself as long as you are willing to put in the hard work to burn it all back off!! :D

The BBQ Dip is 2.5 syns

That might be the saddest news i've had all year. Those little pots of happiness are so synfull!
I try to avoid pizza like the plague when i'm dieting but omg it's so hard to resist. Being my favourite food and all! </3

Back