Donate your unwanted clothes to S&S buddies?

In these frugal times, I thought of something that may make wearing clothes that actually fit a little easier.. and whilst some of you may want to put nicer items on ebay, most items are going to charity shops... (and/or the bin if it's a lazy day!)

.....and if you're anything like me, loathed to buy new things in a 20 then 18 then 16 just to wear for a month or two at most...

Don't quite know how the logistics of this would work but what if once an item was too big (and still in good condition) we each placed a thread on here with pics of the items. First come, first served and they are then donated in goodwill to a fellow S&S who is perhaps a bigger size... (postage would need to be worked out between the two) and perhaps that person would just donate a couple of quid to charity instead of what they would have spent on a pair of black trousers for work... (which will last a couple of weeks!)

... and if they then hardly wore it, then they could donate once it was their turn... It does rely on a certain amount of good faith but let's face it, not many are going to be on here and not actually doing the diet, are they?

Sorry, if this has already been suggested and is elsewhere and I have just missed it...

Jacqui

I think this is a great idea to swap things around. I have just donated a huge bagful away to the donation bin, some good stuff in there too - but did not want them so I could turn back.

I think it's a great idea. I've loads of clothes that I've never even worn that are too big now. I will go through my wardrobe this weekend and see what I've got.

Oh it's ok? I saw this thread and assumed it would be deleted! I'd love to get rid of, I mean erm donate, some of my clothes..... but they are all 22, 24, 26, so I'm not sure if anyone would want them!

Oh it's ok? I saw this thread and assumed it would be deleted! I'd love to get rid of, I mean erm donate, some of my clothes..... but they are all 22, 24, 26, so I'm not sure if anyone would want them!
Put some photo's up & I'll have a look :D
Jackie xx

Think this is a fab idea. Perhaps the charities could be something related to obesity, ie heart foundation, diabetes etc. Gives us all the incentive for a good clear out and also the motivation not to beg for our old clothes back again lol

Back