doner on induction

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by abz, 11 August 2009 Social URL.

1. abz

abz Gold Member

it doesn't seem like you should be able to have a doner kebab on induction, but i was wondering whether you could have doner meat... it seemed worth an ask :D

abz xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. *AnnaMaria*

*AnnaMaria* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(15.6%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    I wouldn't risk it for a kebab!

4. abz

abz Gold Member

nah. neither would i. it was more curiosity than anything else... certainly not if there's the potential for that many carbs...

5. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Hmmm, interesting, I ate donner during induction, most Friday nights along with a bottle of wine, but then I did have a hell of a lot to lose.

6. *AnnaMaria*

*AnnaMaria* Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    15st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11lb(15.6%)
    Diet:
    Atkins
    Jim are all calories treated equally do you think? What I mean is, the more you have to lose, the faster you will lose it until you reach a point? Anyone any idea how this can be the case? I would think it is more a correlation of weight loss compared to the number of calories the body has been used to, then moves on a sliding scale down as calorie intake decreases. Sorry about the hijack!

7. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    I think it's because you use more calories when you are larger TT and that's why I lost so quickly. Hmm or did I? I thought I did, I was happy losing 2lbs a week every week with the odd whooshie of 3 -5 lbs, that was pretty much a stone every 2 months, I thought that was fast. Who knows maybe I'd have lost more each week without the donner and wine indulgence on a Friday night, especially as my weigh in was Saturday morning. :D

Having said that, I was weighing daily and didn't notice an increase between Friday and saturday love.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.