Donkey's journey to deal with disordered eating and lose 6 stone!

I was thinking though that because I went well over them on Tuesday, reducing them a bit during the week would even it out so I don't go over?

Oh, I see. I thought you just meant in general. I suppose its really up to you, but don't feel like you have to if it will lead to you feeling deprived!

I've wondered this in the past. Is my loss smaller because of my mini binge, or is it smaller because ive reduced my syns in an attempt to compensate for said binge?!
I've yet to find the answer. Having tried both ways (full syns vs reduced syns), I'm certainly happier when I have my full syn allowance- as the scales don't seem to go in favour of one way or the other xx

So sorry not been on your diary much, I let myself have a few days off. Back on the wagon now.

How you getting on?

I've wondered this in the past. Is my loss smaller because of my mini binge, or is it smaller because ive reduced my syns in an attempt to compensate for said binge?!
I've yet to find the answer. Having tried both ways (full syns vs reduced syns), I'm certainly happier when I have my full syn allowance- as the scales don't seem to go in favour of one way or the other xx

It will be interesting at my wi on Tuesday -I've decided to not restrict the syns and continue up to 15 a day. Today for instance 10 syns came from sausages and I have 3 left if I choose to use them, but I'm going to stay careful about how I take my syns - 'proper' food like meat rather than chocolate and see what happens. I feel like I'll be completely gutted if I restrict them and lose nothing or very little so it's definitely safer to have them!

So sorry not been on your diary much, I let myself have a few days off. Back on the wagon now.

How you getting on?

Hi Rae Rae, no worries, how have you been doing with the house and all that business? Did you enjoy your days off plan?

I'm a bit meh. Mood is wavering atm, mostly because of uni stuff and I'm a bit below par because of it. Stayed on plan since Tuesday though, which I've reasoned to myself was really not that bad and can't be changed now anyway! You know when your mood changes from one minute to the next? Yup that's me right now lol. So I figure as long as I'm on the countdown I can accept I might not be happy with a small loss Tuesday and Wednesday but by Thursday I've started to build my bridge to get over it ;)

Just realised that the cover sheet I submitted with my dissertation had a massive bloody mistake in the title. :grumble: Oh well, can't do anything about it now but I'm certain that my supervisor must think I'm a complete and utter idiot lols.

Did a big shop online last night to be delivered Monday but judging by the state of the fridge I should have paid the extra 5 quid to get it today or tomorrow - superfree runs out so quickly! Anyway I bought a huge selection of spices so I can get going on Kay's indian food thread and my new curry recipe book which I am kind of excited about - I need a spice rack now you see, and I'm the type of loser who loves buying super domestic products lol.
Also bought some fromage frais and natural yoghurt to try some of the creamier recipes I really love but avoid for the calories. Amen for lactaid tablets lol.

Considering getting on the cross trainer while watching the new movies on my now tv box - distracts me and while I have no intention of doing any remotely vigorous exercise it will get me moving. I'm really doing absolutely no exercise right now so it's better than sitting on the sofa! I think Saving Mr Banks is on there and I really enjoyed it first time I saw it, but that was on a plane to New York so the larger screen should improve things!

I love buying domestic things, my fave is tupperware! BF wont let me look down the tupperware aisle. I also like to save empty tubs from ice cream and stuff like that, my mum thinks i am turning in to my nan! Lol

Hi Rae Rae, no worries, how have you been doing with the house and all that business? Did you enjoy your days off plan?

I'm a bit meh. Mood is wavering atm, mostly because of uni stuff and I'm a bit below par because of it. Stayed on plan since Tuesday though, which I've reasoned to myself was really not that bad and can't be changed now anyway! You know when your mood changes from one minute to the next? Yup that's me right now lol. So I figure as long as I'm on the countdown I can accept I might not be happy with a small loss Tuesday and Wednesday but by Thursday I've started to build my bridge to get over it ;)

It's all goin well thank you, surveys been done so waiting for the report, should be tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Been the solicitors this morning to pay for the searches.

Your 'binge' wasn't a binge hun, just normal :) it's hard this dieting malarkey and couple it with an ED is ten times worse. You have all these 'rules' in your head and sw goes against them all but stick with it. I'm struggling at the moment and not losing but I can't go back to how I was before, this has gotta be better right. I've suffered from depression and totally get the feelin fine one minute and distraught the next. What a fab way of thinking that you can build the bridge to get to the next loss :)

It's all goin well thank you, surveys been done so waiting for the report, should be tomorrow or Monday at the latest. Been the solicitors this morning to pay for the searches.

Your 'binge' wasn't a binge hun, just normal :) it's hard this dieting malarkey and couple it with an ED is ten times worse. You have all these 'rules' in your head and sw goes against them all but stick with it. I'm struggling at the moment and not losing but I can't go back to how I was before, this has gotta be better right. I've suffered from depression and totally get the feelin fine one minute and distraught the next. What a fab way of thinking that you can build the bridge to get to the next loss :)

It's moving quickly isn't it?!

Aw thanks, I'm glad we can call it normal because I've had a few tortillas in addition to my hexb and gone over syns again -_-
I desperately need food I can pick at of an evening, fruit isn't quite cutting it. I need to get that full feeling otherwise I raid the cupboards. Going to get some veg to chop up and keep in the fridge for nibbling tomorrow but need to find something sweet and/or chocolatey that won't trigger an actual binge. When I crave sweet stuff I go through a ton of other food in attempt to satisfy it somehow!

The bridge is the only way for me lol - it's the only way we can stop ourselves from regressing, you know?

Feel pretty sure my wi is not going to make me particularly happy but it's go forward or nothing, no way can I go back to what I was!

I love buying domestic things, my fave is tupperware! BF wont let me look down the tupperware aisle. I also like to save empty tubs from ice cream and stuff like that, my mum thinks i am turning in to my nan! Lol

omg tupperware!! :drool: I would spend soooo much on it if I let myself but I have so many types of lunchboxes now - ones with gel coolers in the lids, ones shaped like bananas, lots of compartments, cool colours - love it!
Glad it's not just me!!

It's moving quickly isn't it?!

Aw thanks, I'm glad we can call it normal because I've had a few tortillas in addition to my hexb and gone over syns again -_-
I desperately need food I can pick at of an evening, fruit isn't quite cutting it. I need to get that full feeling otherwise I raid the cupboards. Going to get some veg to chop up and keep in the fridge for nibbling tomorrow but need to find something sweet and/or chocolatey that won't trigger an actual binge. When I crave sweet stuff I go through a ton of other food in attempt to satisfy it somehow!

The bridge is the only way for me lol - it's the only way we can stop ourselves from regressing, you know?

Feel pretty sure my wi is not going to make me particularly happy but it's go forward or nothing, no way can I go back to what I was!

Firstly, havin a few extra things isn't going to harm you like previous eating would. I know it's all about calories but if you compared it to what your binges were like a few weeks ago then it's nothing :)

If you can't have chocolate yet what about a hot chocolate, will satisfy the choc craving for only a few syns or those kellogs chocolate bites?

Alpen lights and Options hot chocolates help with my chocolate cravings, but also in the evenings I like some light ice cream with a mini meringue and sugar free jelly. I mash it all together like a child, but it feels nice to have a proper dessert and it works out at 3 1/2 syns. Or 5 1/2 if I want 2 scoops of ice cream...

How about melting a freddo or any other low syn chocolate and putting it over some mini marshmallows? and you could add some strawberries to get some superfree in too. I've suggested it to a few people on here today, it's amazing!

How about melting a freddo or any other low syn chocolate and putting it over some mini marshmallows? and you could add some strawberries to get some superfree in too. I've suggested it to a few people on here today, it's amazing!

Yum this sounds fab. Thanks x

Firstly, havin a few extra things isn't going to harm you like previous eating would. I know it's all about calories but if you compared it to what your binges were like a few weeks ago then it's nothing :)

If you can't have chocolate yet what about a hot chocolate, will satisfy the choc craving for only a few syns or those kellogs chocolate bites?

Alpen lights and Options hot chocolates help with my chocolate cravings, but also in the evenings I like some light ice cream with a mini meringue and sugar free jelly. I mash it all together like a child, but it feels nice to have a proper dessert and it works out at 3 1/2 syns. Or 5 1/2 if I want 2 scoops of ice cream...

I don't like hot chocolate, or any hot drink for that matter, they make me feel kind of sick :/ But definitely chocolate bites and sugar free jelly seem good! I'll have to pick myself some up.

That sounds delicious and far more extravagant than it actually is - Adding marshmallows, a freddo and strawberries to my shopping list too, thanks!

Oh this sounds way better than my dessert. I'll have to try it soon, yum!

Tackling the bad days I've had with huuuuge salads. Working on the basis of the 'eat for life diet' which advocates the majority of your food being leafy and green but with success express adding some free in. Even bought some kale, not that I have any idea what to do with it but I feel righteous for having it in my kitchen anyway!

Tackling the bad days I've had with huuuuge salads. Working on the basis of the 'eat for life diet' which advocates the majority of your food being leafy and green but with success express adding some free in. Even bought some kale, not that I have any idea what to do with it but I feel righteous for having it in my kitchen anyway!

Lol my bunnies LOVE kale, but its not something I have eaten myself!
I have heard someone mention kale 'crisps'- maybe frylight and salt then baked in the oven? Have a google.
I wish I liked salads more.. I feel virtuous when I can say I had a salad for lunch lol.
Hope today is a good day xx

Lol my bunnies LOVE kale, but its not something I have eaten myself!
I have heard someone mention kale 'crisps'- maybe frylight and salt then baked in the oven? Have a google.
I wish I liked salads more.. I feel virtuous when I can say I had a salad for lunch lol.
Hope today is a good day xx

Thanks Rosie! Just about to pop over to subscribe to your diary :D
I've heard of the kale crisps too, shall look it up! I really enjoy salads but they make such a mess of my kitchen, I hate having to chop everything up! I've never been one for vinaigrette or heavy dressings but I always need something to make them less dry and add a different taste - I gaze longingly at the preprepared supermarket ones with pasta and mayo and stuff but the syns make me shudder!
I remember one time I visited a friend in Texas, we went to The Cheesecake Factory (yes it's as amazing as it sounds, great food and 50 different cheesecakes :drool:) and the 'low calorie' options were all salads 'guaranteed to be 600 calories or under'!! HOW do you make a salad 600 calories?! Righteousness swept right from under my feet!

Today WILL be a good day, because I'm having a new sink put in the kitchen so I can't get in there for a while, plus my shopping with the synful goodies (and by this I mean twister lollies, I'm so extravagant lol) doesn't come until 9pm earliest. Going to try to eat a huge salad again once they're out of the kitchen and then later on do the same again but add my bowl of microwave veg that I picked up from aldi. Damage limitation!

Back