Donkey's journey to deal with disordered eating and lose 6 stone!

What a fantastic lost, hope that gives you a nice little boost to keep up the good work this week! Next week is definitely your stone award if you do! Good luck!

I think it has done, I did another meal plan last night to get me through :D Annoyingly though next week I'm unlikely to be able to stay to group because I have an exam the next day and I'll need all the help I can get! :p

Good day food wise, chicken and pickle (1 syn) sandwich with salad for lunch, Rocky Road hifi (3) and stuffed aubergine and veg for dinner. My Baby Oleg toy was finally delivered but I missed the door so I had to go pick it up from the post office and it took so long to get ready that by the time I was done it was 4pm and I could only spend 3 hours in the library revising (read:learning everything for the first time lol) until it closed at 7. Hate to say it but I think I might have to look at resitting these. It would mean redoing the entire year though I believe and I'm only willing to do it if I can take all the exams in the January exam period, so I reeeally need to try to scrape through. I wish I'd been better health wise this year, physically but also mentally. Actually I feel like if I'd found sw earlier this academic year I wouldn't have had quite so many problems. But never mind, can't undo it now.

Still super pleased with my 4.5 off yesterday, I'm hoping for a pound to take me .5 over my stone award but 2 would be lovely :p

Morning Donkey :p, well done on your fab loss yesterday hun, I bet your still buzzing :D. Hope you have a lovely day :).

Kay xx

Hey Donkey!
I've been on hols for a couple of weeks (WI saturday - hoping for a STS but think I'm in post holiday denial!!) and was so pleased for your fantastic loss this week.

Good luck with your migraine treatment. Do you see Dr Matharu at Queens Square ?My hubby is one of his patients but hasn't tried the botox yet. Fortunately I don't have chronic pain - but I know what it looks like - if that makes sense.

Have a good week xx

Hey Donkey!
I've been on hols for a couple of weeks (WI saturday - hoping for a STS but think I'm in post holiday denial!!) and was so pleased for your fantastic loss this week.

Good luck with your migraine treatment. Do you see Dr Matharu at Queens Square ?My hubby is one of his patients but hasn't tried the botox yet. Fortunately I don't have chronic pain - but I know what it looks like - if that makes sense.

Have a good week xx

Ooh you never know, fingers crossed for the sts! Where did you go and did you have a nice time?

Why thank you! I was very shocked and I'm half expecting my body to have betrayed me and somehow gone back up by a couple of pounds because I didn't think I really deserved quite that, but I'll take it anyway! :p

I don't see him but I know of him, in the way that you do from spending an inordinate amount of time watching everybody else be called in to see their doctors lol, small world! I think it was him I would be paying for private botox actually, so I nearly did meet him, pretty thankful I didn't though! I do know exactly what you mean about knowing what it looks like. I don't think anybody fully understands unless it's them with the pain or they are witnessing somebody that close to them go through it, because otherwise we expend a huge amount of energy trying to present ourselves as 'normal' to others. People seem to have twigged that I'm not 'normal' though since I started getting nerve block injections in my head and was really excited about them each time, and now the prospect of 30 odd in my face and neck is sending me over the edge with joy :party0011:

Is your husband doing well on whatever meds he takes then or is botox a possible option for the future?

I need to do a bit of a shop - I've never been to the supermarket so much! All this eating properly business is expensive and I seem to have run out of baked beans, tinned tomatoes, sweetcorn - that kind of thing, as well as super free AGAIN. Not complaining, I feel better for it all round but wow! I understand now what people have always said about the cost of eating healthily!
Got up today and was pretty low about exams, just sat around feeling sorry for myself until I decided I needed to clean the fish tank and then my mum skyped me. Barely kept it together explaining how bad these exams could go and obviously there's nothing anyone can say to cheer me up but the shower did some good. Was getting really faint and dizzy and realised I hadn't eaten - it was 4pm - and barely had motivation to do anything but threw some stir fry in a pan. I felt a whole lot better after eating. Not something that used to happen. I feel like my body is getting used to being properly nourished and I'm feeling the effects of not eating a whole lot more than I used to. It's a great thing (and actually I forgot to mention that at hospital my BP was a wonderful 115/83 when it's usually far higher and I think sw has something to do with it!) but I really must keep on top of it if I want to avoid a breakdown the next few weeks! Bloody exams.
Had chicken tikka for dinner, delicious again. Sticking to bulk meals/quick and easy pan recipes atm because I don't have a lot of time, so rotations of curry, stuffed aubergines and peppers, stir fry, quorn sausages and chips are likely to be my fortnight!

Just going through past exam papers so I can revise tactically. I once had an exam that was the exact same paper as the previous year and luckily I'd revised from that paper - result! This lecturer seems a little more savvy though, annoyingly! Had to deactivate my facebook to stop myself getting distracted but I think I'm finally making progress!

Oh and I got a tax refund cheque through that I totally wasn't expecting, good times. Roll on to more emotionally stable times, however!

Morning Donkey :p, well done on your fab loss yesterday hun, I bet your still buzzing :D. Hope you have a lovely day :).

Kay xx

Missed this, thank you Kay! Exams, frantic revision and regular meltdowns will be my life for the next few weeks but after that I do hope a regular, more emotionally stable human being will emerge and I can enjoy wonderful losses for much longer! ;)

Hi Donkey, hope the exam prep runs more smoothly today! They are the worst- much prefer essays/coursework!
You sound like you have your head in the right place food wise. I lose track of who I have harped on about lidl to so if you've heard this before I apologise! If you have one anywhere near they are well worth a visit- a fraction of the price of the big supermarkets.
Slimming world staples are very cheap including tinned food (tomatoes, mushy peas, tinned veg- sweet corn, carrots, potatoes, peas) and their fresh fruit and veg is both cheap and really good quality. They also do really yummy fat free yoghurts! They're having an Asian themed week this week with lots of Asian stuff half price (curry and spice powders, micro rice, paneer cheese, peppers/onions)
Right ill shut up now lol xx

Hey donkey I hope you don't mind if I subscribe? I read through your story and as someone who has suffered with ED and is also at the beginning of SW, your honesty and strength despite all that's going on is so inspiring. I really wish you all the best with this, you're doing so great already!

Hi Donkey, hope the exam prep runs more smoothly today! They are the worst- much prefer essays/coursework!
You sound like you have your head in the right place food wise. I lose track of who I have harped on about lidl to so if you've heard this before I apologise! If you have one anywhere near they are well worth a visit- a fraction of the price of the big supermarkets.
Slimming world staples are very cheap including tinned food (tomatoes, mushy peas, tinned veg- sweet corn, carrots, potatoes, peas) and their fresh fruit and veg is both cheap and really good quality. They also do really yummy fat free yoghurts! They're having an Asian themed week this week with lots of Asian stuff half price (curry and spice powders, micro rice, paneer cheese, peppers/onions)
Right ill shut up now lol xx

Nope, news to me lol. I have an aldi quite near me but never tried a lidl. I'll have to search one out, I'm all about the Asian foods!
Yeah coursework is much much better. Unfortunately the Russian exams are more or less 100% exam, so I'm worried. Nothing I can really do about it, if I have to resit in hope my health plays ball this year I guess I have to but I would love not to!

Head is in the right place ish, I am having problems organising proper food when I'm just glued to the laptop/feeling sorry for myself lying in bed so I need to pull myself together so I don't end up going off course. Think it should be ok though :)

Hey donkey I hope you don't mind if I subscribe? I read through your story and as someone who has suffered with ED and is also at the beginning of SW, your honesty and strength despite all that's going on is so inspiring. I really wish you all the best with this, you're doing so great already!

Hello timmi, thank you and welcome :) I'm still surprised anybody manages to make it through that wall of text in the first post but glad it might be of some help :) So far I have found SW brilliant and it hasn't played into my ED much at all, so I hope you find it just as good!

Frikkin love SW! Having a fakeaway pizza tonight. Can't wait! The only things I miss on SW are a good amount of alcohol and a pizza bigger than 4 inches!

Frikkin love SW! Having a fakeaway pizza tonight. Can't wait! The only things I miss on SW are a good amount of alcohol and a pizza bigger than 4 inches!
Fortunately I'm not a drinker so I don't miss alcohol on sw. Hope the pizza was good, not something I've tried yet

Hey donkey, how's the revision goin?

Blergh, lol. Had the postman at the door at 7 and when I'm woken up too early I end up sleeping way longer than intended so I had to rush to the library to pick up books before it closes for the bank holiday. Praying these books helps cos it's going badly without them!

Trying to tell myself it will soon be over and forgotten. Things are better now I've deactivated facebook though-I'm kind of ashamed! Lol

Work done for you now? You're SO CLOSE to ny!!!

Blergh, lol. Had the postman at the door at 7 and when I'm woken up too early I end up sleeping way longer than intended so I had to rush to the library to pick up books before it closes for the bank holiday. Praying these books helps cos it's going badly without them!

Trying to tell myself it will soon be over and forgotten. Things are better now I've deactivated facebook though-I'm kind of ashamed! Lol

Work done for you now? You're SO CLOSE to ny!!!

Fingers crossed you can get some more work done. When's the exam?

Yeah, finished at 3pm yesterday and we go on Wednesday. Just been to town, manged get a couple of tops but need more.

Fingers crossed you can get some more work done. When's the exam?

Yeah, finished at 3pm yesterday and we go on Wednesday. Just been to town, manged get a couple of tops but need more.

The last minute panic for holiday clothes? I seem to have so many clothes until the day I pack to go away, the last dash to find stuff to wear (especially since I've been bigger) is always a nightmare! I went to Texas a few years running to see friends and in the end just bought clothes there - target is super cheap and it's full of stuff actually suitable for the weather (38 degrees today apparently) because there's nothing in the shops here when I want to go!

The first exam is Wednesday. I've been through the past papers, answer 3 questions at least 1 from each section, so I focussed on a few topics in the 1st section period (Soviet Russia and its economy on the run up to 1989) and will answer 2 from that. The 2nd section is a bit iffy, (post 89) again I went through the past questions and there are patterns so I've done one particular topic that is in there every time in some form, but don't have time to do any others to be safe :/ Fingers crossed there aren't any nasty surprises this year!
Next exam is Wednesday so I have like no time at all to get in to it. Fairly new module too so there aren't many past papers and the questions are hooooorrible and phrased in ways that don't make it obvious where to start, so that's what I'm now concentrating on. The rest are from the Saturday onwards for about a week, Russian language exams. Currently attempting to write and memorise about 800 words of Russian on the olympics because I know I have to write an essay on it. The other essay exam could be on any topic so that's down the drain already lol

8th September is my last exam. Roll on the 9th!!

Mindless revision eating - I have got through 2 punnets of grapes and a tray of chicken pieces :eek: and I'm still kind of hungry! Had a dig through the fruit stash from my sotw prize but I need something substantial.
When I'm too exhausted to work any more I'll do an online shop because I'm totally out of tinned tomatoes, puree and garlic - staple ingredients. Bought some microwaveable rice 1.5 and 2 syns each earlier so I can have a proper meal without having to stand in the kitchen wasting precious time lol. Plan to do one tonight and chuck in some frozen veg with it, maybe add in some more chicken. Standing in the queue I really wanted something chocolatey or snack like, full of carbs - the chocolate coated flapjacks called to me. But at the same time I didn't really fancy it, I knew I wasn't hungry for it and it wouldn't satisfy me so I opened up my chicken instead. Yay success over stress junk snacking!

Gosh you're doing so well while revising. I would've fallen off the wagon a long time ago. Go you! When I'm stressed I feel like I can't do anything other than eat crap, so good on you!

The last minute panic for holiday clothes? I seem to have so many clothes until the day I pack to go away, the last dash to find stuff to wear (especially since I've been bigger) is always a nightmare! I went to Texas a few years running to see friends and in the end just bought clothes there - target is super cheap and it's full of stuff actually suitable for the weather (38 degrees today apparently) because there's nothing in the shops here when I want to go!

The first exam is Wednesday. I've been through the past papers, answer 3 questions at least 1 from each section, so I focussed on a few topics in the 1st section period (Soviet Russia and its economy on the run up to 1989) and will answer 2 from that. The 2nd section is a bit iffy, (post 89) again I went through the past questions and there are patterns so I've done one particular topic that is in there every time in some form, but don't have time to do any others to be safe :/ Fingers crossed there aren't any nasty surprises this year!
Next exam is Wednesday so I have like no time at all to get in to it. Fairly new module too so there aren't many past papers and the questions are hooooorrible and phrased in ways that don't make it obvious where to start, so that's what I'm now concentrating on. The rest are from the Saturday onwards for about a week, Russian language exams. Currently attempting to write and memorise about 800 words of Russian on the olympics because I know I have to write an essay on it. The other essay exam could be on any topic so that's down the drain already lol

8th September is my last exam. Roll on the 9th!!

It's so hot there right now, gonna melt.

Sounds like you've got a lot to do but I'm sure you'll get through it and pass with flying colours :) Good luck.

Back