Donnajt's 2012 Diary...yes I'm back!

donnajt said:
Flippin heck - I can see something really odd...the sky is turning blue

:clap::clap::happy036::bliss::bliss::wow::party0019:

And what's that yellow round thing in the sky? I think we are being invaded or something!

I am so over this gosh darn rainy weather. I was talking to my Sis in law yesterday and we figured that we have been wearing out winter coats (aside from just few sunny days) for 7 months! Such misery. Seeing the sunshine makes me so much happier.

Thanks for the Barleyland shout. I hVe heard of it but never been there. I may take a trip down there when I get paid.

What to do today? I am currently sitting here in the living room, footie is on the tv an Mick is on his footie forum on his phone! Oh happy bloody days, I will be glad when football season finishes!

Your dinner last night looks amazing I must try stroppy pasta the Donna way. That pizza looked the nuts too!

The lentil shep pie is really nice Donna, try it. It's a really inexpensive meal too. If you have the time its a good mid week meal, i wouldnt save ot or the weekend, its tasty but i like doing something special/fake away ish for the weekend.

I love warming comfort food like shep pie, but I don't tend to have an off button with it, it's like lasagne and thing generally baked in a dish - I find it so tough not going back seconds!

Xx

Hi Donnajt, I'm a bit of a lurker on minimins but stumbled across your diary the other day and have now subscribed :) will eventually read it through but wondered if you had a recipe for your stroppy fellow pasta please? It looks yummy!! Xx
Hi Loundy - welcome to my diary - always got room for another in here - the stroppy fellow pasta is really this Zizzi Recipe
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-wo...rozapretti-pesto-rosso-absoloutly-delish.html
My daughter renamed it Stroppy Fellow because she couldnt remember its real name

Here's my version:
Serves 4

4 chicken breasts
300g strozapretti pasta (any will do though)
handful of chopped parsley
1 red onion, finely chopped
4 tbsp ff cremé fraíche (2syns)
2tbsp red pesto (4 syns)
Juice of a lemon
Mixed herbs (any will do)

Boil the pasta for 8 mins
Whilst that is boiling fry the chicken, onion, lemon juice and mixed herbs until cooked

Drain the pasta (i leave a little water so that the sauce goes further)
Add cremé fraíche and pesto and heat through until warm!

The whole meal it is 6 syns so is only 1.5 per portion!

big thank you to melissa87 for posting original recipe x

And what's that yellow round thing in the sky? I think we are being invaded or something!

I am so over this gosh darn rainy weather. I was talking to my Sis in law yesterday and we figured that we have been wearing out winter coats (aside from just few sunny days) for 7 months! Such misery. Seeing the sunshine makes me so much happier.

Thanks for the Barleyland shout. I hVe heard of it but never been there. I may take a trip down there when I get paid.

What to do today? I am currently sitting here in the living room, footie is on the tv an Mick is on his footie forum on his phone! Oh happy bloody days, I will be glad when football season finishes!

Your dinner last night looks amazing I must try stroppy pasta the Donna way. That pizza looked the nuts too!

The lentil shep pie is really nice Donna, try it. It's a really inexpensive meal too. If you have the time its a good mid week meal, i wouldnt save ot or the weekend, its tasty but i like doing something special/fake away ish for the weekend.

I love warming comfort food like shep pie, but I don't tend to have an off button with it, it's like lasagne and thing generally baked in a dish - I find it so tough not going back seconds!

Xx
Thanks Babe - I have just seen that you have been on chicken skin again - check out your diary! Just in case you missed it.... 7151717033_1fd1b8bcaa_z.jpg that's your dinner sorted!

Wow Donna love your diary.......and your pals are great too xxxxx
Hi Dex - thank you, its amazing to think 2-3 weeks ago we were strangers. Come and join us Charley, Red and I are doing a 21lb challenge - perfect for you too!!!

honey & mustard chicken

ForumRunner_20120507_123537.jpg

ForumRunner_20120507_123517.jpg

I think this is one of BritMum's recipes:
Honey and Mustard Chicken, Serves: 2, Approx 2 syns per serving on Extra Easy
6 chicken drumsticks (skin and any fat removed)
1 tablespoon of honey 2.5 syns
2 teaspoons of dijon mustard 1 syn
1 tablespoon of white wine or rice vinegar
2 teaspoons of sweetener
50ml of chicken stock
2 tablespoons of parsley flakes
3 garlic cloves crushed

Preheat oven to 200c or 400f. Place chicken drumsticks in an oven proof dish.
In a small bowl, mix together the honey, mustard, vinegar, sweetener, chicken stock, garlic cloves and parsley flakes. Pour over chicken and bake in the oven for approx 30-40 mins until chicken is golden and cooked through.Keep taking the chicken out at intervals through cooking time to baste with the sauce.
The leftover sauce should be poured over chicken to serve

Last edited:
:wavey: Another gate crasher here :D

Loving your grub Donna :D Lots of lovely new things for me to try................yes, I have nicked some of your recipies :D LOL

Have a good bank holiday x

Tell me more about the 21 lb challenge and (gak) that chicken skin........deffo not for eating lol

Mmmmmm yes, what is this 21lb challenge of which you speak?? :D

:wavey: Another gate crasher here :D

Loving your grub Donna :D Lots of lovely new things for me to try................yes, I have nicked some of your recipies :D LOL

Have a good bank holiday x
Hi Corkscrew - help yourself, nothing very exciting I'm afraid! Photography is not one of my strong points lol!

Tell me more about the 21 lb challenge and (gak) that chicken skin........deffo not for eating lol
I am trying to put the lovely Charley off of eating any kind of fat - I was gagging removing it I will you, just desperately trying to empty out freezer!

The 21lb challenge - its a bit of fun - I laid the gauntlet down to Charley on Saturday - we are both going away (same as you Dex) at similar time - to lose 21lbs - and we dragged Red in as well - actually thinking about it - Charley & Red you need to join Team Tinsel - 4stone off by Christmas - come on - they are crackers over there (super friendly, inspirational and great motivators) - you'll both fit straight in - I did!

The 21lb challenge can be our first target - what do you say ladies?

Mmmmmm yes, what is this 21lb challenge of which you speak?? :D
Its a mini challenge - am dragging Charley and Red whether they like it or not lol!

Dinner: Honey & Mustard Chicken Kebab!

This chicken is delicious, and only about 1/2 sin a piece - I had a chicken pieces pack and it had 4 large chicken legs, 1 thigh and 6 drumsticks, I normally use thighs or drummers

1336403496251.jpg1336402783321.jpg

Turned the chicken leg into a healthy kebab - delicious! by time I'd eaten the salad, chicken and kebab I was full and left the wedges - shocking!!! cannot believe it - I normally eat until I can't breathe :rolleyes::eek::silly:

Week 4 : Day 4

Day 4: Monday 08 May 2012
Breakfast:
Brunch:
2x Tesco LC Sausages (2), Baked Beans
Dinner: Honey & Mustard Chicken (1), Mayo (2), Chilli Sauce (1), Salad
HEA: Milk
HEB: Asda Wholemeal Pitta
Syns: Sausages 2, Chicken 1, Mayo 2, Chilli Sauce 1 = 6/15

Left wedges at dinnertime because I was full (that's a first!)
:D

Donna that Chicken skin looked absolutely gross! Thanks for taking a pic of it for me, it smells horrid too doesn't it? So why do I love it so when it's cooked ad crispy?!? In fairness if I am cooking the no fry Chicken or chick in a sauce or something like the honey and mustard chicken (which looks amazing by the way!) I will remove the skin. It's roast Chicken dinners and nandos Chickeb skin i can't resist!

Oh I was so bored today. I wanted to do something but mick didn't want to do anything but sit on his chuff and watch ***** on tv, so I decided to go for a walk and found myself driving to Thorndon park, I noted you went there yesterday and thought that I hadn't been there for years and fancied getting amongst it at Thorndon. I pulled in and can you believe £2.20 to f-ing park?!?!? I turned round and came back home again. I only had £20 note on me. What a cheek, it's a bloody park not Alton Towers!!!

I have had such a boring day. I almost drove to lakeside but I knew with the mood I was in that I would inevitably cheat and I couldn't trust myself, so I came home and have been so fed up ever since.

I will take a look at that 4 stone challenge thing I think.

You seem to be sailing through this Donna, I admit I am finding it tough, I am letting it run my life a little, I wouldn't go to lakeside today, I won't go to the pub with my girlfriends as I can't trust myself, I am scared about tomorrow because a friend at work is playing a gig after work tomorrow in Camden and I promised I would support her, I want to stay on track but outings worry me. Oh ignore me, I am just having a down day.

Enjoy your evening hun!

Xxx

Donna that Chicken skin looked absolutely gross! Thanks for taking a pic of it for me, it smells horrid too doesn't it? So why do I love it so when it's cooked ad crispy?!? In fairness if I am cooking the no fry Chicken or chick in a sauce or something like the honey and mustard chicken (which looks amazing by the way!) I will remove the skin. It's roast Chicken dinners and nandos Chickeb skin i can't resistt
We all have that problem - just syn it and you will be fine!

Oh I was so bored today. I wanted to do something but mick didn't want to do anything but sit on his chuff and watch ***** on tv, so I decided to go for a walk and found myself driving to Thorndon park, I noted you went there yesterday and thought that I hadn't been there for years and fancied getting amongst it at Thorndon. I pulled in and can you believe £2.20 to f-ing park?!?!? I turned round and came back home again. I only had £20 note on me. What a cheek, it's a bloody park not Alton Towers!!!
You should have popped in I have been bored doing bloody housework whilst everyone else makes more mess! I'd forgotten about the cost of parking - but that's Essex County Council for you! But if you think about cost to go gym or swimming a two hour walk in fresh air is worth it!

I have had such a boring day. I almost drove to lakeside but I knew with the mood I was in that I would inevitably cheat and I couldn't trust myself, so I came home and have been so fed up ever since
YOu need to stop putting yourself down Miss Smith - I must admit if I feel "weak" I just come on here and look at the lovely food pics - what foods do you love most or miss the most? maybe we could get a Goodie Box made up for difficult times

I will take a look at that 4 stone challenge thing I think.
Charley it's 4 stone by Christmas so about 1/2 stone a month - if I can do it - you can, come on the Ladies over there are so much fun

You seem to be sailing through this Donna, I admit I am finding it tough, I am letting it run my life a little, I wouldn't go to lakeside today, I won't go to the pub with my girlfriends as I can't trust myself, I am scared about tomorrow because a friend at work is playing a gig after work tomorrow in Camden and I promised I would support her, I want to stay on track but outings worry me. Oh ignore me, I am just having a down day
You do sound really down today - why don't you go on ebay and get a copy of the hypnotherapy tape = Paul McKenna's Think yourself Thin (or whatever its called) a lot of ladies at group use it, its on my panic list if my weight loss slows. Listen you can't stop your life just because of Slimming World - you will just need to plan and organise those days, tell your girlfriends to make you chose the best option but to let you taste theirs - you'll probably find if you make a healthy choice the rest will follow.

I just wanna give you a big fat hug!
Enjoy your evening hun!

Xxx[/QUOTE]

Thanks Sugar, you are right - I am in a down mood today, which is really unlike me as I am usually happy. I think I have just got the hump, I have had enough of football, I went to bed early last night because football was on, i woke up this morning and football was on, so pretty much since 7.30 this morning football has been on and in between that he has watched his crappy films. He is now in the bedroom watching? Yes you guessed it, football, Italian football I believe. There is nothing on TV, the only films we have on our V+ are films we both want to see - sometimes he is selfish, which really p!sses me off, because I always bear him in my mind, its just annoys me that he doesn't grant me the same courtesy. I was so bored earlier I went to bed for an hour and I wasn't even tired. I get so food-minded when I am bored - I am actually pleased with myself that I never snapped. Its funny how much you notice how hungry you are when you are bored isn't it?! I shouldnt bad mouth him really as he is lovely and he is only doing what he wants with his bank holiday - his idea of a free day off of work is totally different to mine though!

Thanks for the big hun Donna, I needed that!

Night night. xx

Hi Donna, just thought I'd pay you a visit before I mosey on up to bed!! Wow, look at those losses!! 10lb is AWESOME in 3 weeks hun- and you look like you're really really embracing it! You'll be back to where you were when you left off in no time at the rate you're going!! I was just reading through your diary and noticed that you listed all your fave meals you previously tried and were inspired by!! I think that's an awesome idea because it's so easy to forget what you've had and we're always looking for inspiration no matter how many recipe books and magazines we have in the house!! They all sound like proper filling meals too!! I'll have to try some of them out!! It looks like you're really motivated at the moment and I'm really impressed! The sunday dinner looked delish and it just shows we really can eat very well and still lose weight (hope I don't sound too much like an SW advert lol)XXXXXXXXXX

donnajt said:
Hi Loundy - welcome to my diary - always got room for another in here - the stroppy fellow pasta is really this Zizzi Recipe
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/143255-strozapretti-pesto-rosso-absoloutly-delish.html
My daughter renamed it Stroppy Fellow because she couldnt remember its real name

Here's my version:
Serves 4

4 chicken breasts
300g strozapretti pasta (any will do though)
handful of chopped parsley
1 red onion, finely chopped
4 tbsp ff cremé fraíche (2syns)
2tbsp red pesto (4 syns)
Juice of a lemon
Mixed herbs (any will do)

Boil the pasta for 8 mins
Whilst that is boiling fry the chicken, onion, lemon juice and mixed herbs until cooked
Drain the pasta (i leave a little water so that the sauce goes further)
Add cremé fraíche and pesto and heat through until warm!

The whole meal it is 6 syns so is only 1.5 per portion!

big thank you to melissa87 for posting original recipe x

Thank you!! This will definately be on the menu this week :) do you also have the recipe for the man vs food burgers please? Sorry to keep asking you for these, I did do a quick search but couldn't find them and I loooove man vs food ;) xx

Hello lovely Donna, have you had a good day?

I am feeling back to my happy self today, sorry about my moodiness yesterday, TOTM!

I hope you have had a 100% day today!

X

Ladies - sorry wasn't around was rushed off my feet and then Meg demanded I watched BGT with her!

Manic day at work yesterday and another one today...got my monthly vile team meeting today, hoping it doesn't end with me in tears and a quivering wreck!

Will catch up on your posts asap - in the meantime...positive vibes - have great days x

Day 4: Tuesday 08 May 2012
Breakfast: Nat Yog, Banana, Honey
Lunch:
1x 800G Wholemeal Bread (toasted), baked beans, carrot sticks, grapes
Dinner: Madame La Minx's Salt & Pepper Chicken, 2x Yogurt
HEB: Bread (Lunch)
Syns: Honey (1), Muller Greek Coconut Yog (1/2) = 1.5/15 (oops didn't realise so low!)

Day 6: Wednesday 09 May 2012
Breakfast: Yogurt, Banana
Lunch:
Pasta, Red onion, Green Pesto (3.5 level tbsp), Sweetcorn, carrot sticks, grapes
Dinner: Jacket Spud, Tesco Low Choice Sausages, Beans, side salad (PROBABLY)
HEB: Hi Fi Peanut
Syns: Sausages 2 = 2/15

Left wedges at dinnertime because I was full (that's a first!)
:D

Back