Donnajt's 2012 Diary...yes I'm back!

Catch up - thank you all for your support, it makes SW so much easier!

Hi Donna, just thought I'd pay you a visit before I mosey on up to bed!! Wow, look at those losses!! 10lb is AWESOME in 3 weeks hun- and you look like you're really really embracing it! You'll be back to where you were when you left off in no time at the rate you're going!! I was just reading through your diary and noticed that you listed all your fave meals you previously tried and were inspired by!! I think that's an awesome idea because it's so easy to forget what you've had and we're always looking for inspiration no matter how many recipe books and magazines we have in the house!! They all sound like proper filling meals too!! I'll have to try some of them out!! It looks like you're really motivated at the moment and I'm really impressed! The sunday dinner looked delish and it just shows we really can eat very well and still lose weight (hope I don't sound too much like an SW advert lol)XXXXXXXXXX
Thanks Hev - you are so right 12lbs in 4 weeks is fab! I just want to pull big numbers (spoilt brat I sound like my 12 year old :blahblah: lol)

Hev - thanks for reminding me about that list I need to update it as we have had some really nice meals courtesy of you guys and the Recipe board

Have you ever thought about becoming a SW Consultant? you'd make a fab one!!

Shall pop over to your diary in a bit xxx thanks for your ongoing friendship and support x

Thank you!! This will definately be on the menu this week :) do you also have the recipe for the man vs food burgers please? Sorry to keep asking you for these, I did do a quick search but couldn't find them and I loooove man vs food ;) xx
Hi Loundy - sorry for late reply - here you go:

Man vs Food: extra lean mince, paprika, chilli flakes, s&p and 1 egg. shape into burgers and leave them in the fridge for a couple of hours before you cook them, I used an 800g pack and just added what a good shake of the paprika and chilli flakes:eating: I am going to put a babybel in the middle next time as I have seen lots of pics on these boards and they look sensational!

Hello lovely Donna, have you had a good day?
I am feeling back to my happy self today, sorry about my moodiness yesterday, TOTM!
I hope you have had a 100% day today! X
Hi Charley - days at work are manic and i have flippin misplaced my workphone so am gonna have to go to one of the schemes i was working from on weds today see if i can find it :grumble:
Glad you are back on track - we all have your down days - dont be too hard on yourself on WI today if you loss isn't as big as you'd hoped - remember you have had a very busy Celebratory week!

Manic day at work yesterday and another one today...got my monthly vile team meeting today, hoping it doesn't end with me in tears and a quivering wreck!
Team meeting went well - I took a vow of silence, almost killed me at one point but I managed to keep my big fat mouth shut! My sickness review was a joke - told them I thought i was an absolute joke considering the amount of workplace stress I am under (I am clever I know they have to record my comments!) apparently from June 1st my absence for my operation last April drops off so I will only have 1/2 day sickness on my record, the allowed level is 8 days so I can have 7.5 more :8855: JOKE!!!

We have also been going through this Equal Pay thing at work called Single Status - been going on since 2003, it looks like I may be in the the third of the workplace that are moving up the pay scale (if so we will also get a "Compensation" payment) so keep your fingers crossed, sadly 1/3 of my colleagues will receive a drop in salary which is s***!

Thinking of you Donna.....BIG hugs - know that feeling too well. :(
Thank you Dex xxx

Hun, are you eating enough syns? Remember that can slow up weight loss. Xx
Charley - why didn't I listen to you??? kick me up the bum this week please!

Hey hun, food looking goooorrrrgeous!! Salt & pepper chicken looks awesome!!
OMG Hev the Salt & Pepper chicken is too die for!

You food looks yummy :D Your portions make mine look mahoosive :eek: I eat like a horse! :giggle:
Corky - I think I need to stop eating child size portions on a sandwich plate - stupid strategy (not that I was hungry) but this week portions will be getting bigger!

Me too Corky - is bottomless pit :)
I shall be too this week!

Week one of our 21lb challenge didnee go quite according to plan. But I am not totally surprised given my Oxo Tower and F&B meals. I have lost a pound which I am happy with, so 20lbs to go for me - I am set for 100% week this week as we have no plans. But even still I can never hope to pull a big number as ever since I started SW years ago, in have never managed anything bigger than 3.5lbs, not even in my first weeks. I am happy with 2lbs a week!
Charley - thats fab - as you say - you had two big celebratory dinners - so to pull it back to a loss is sensational - also, if you look back at your diary the two dinners out would have left you to more naughtiness....so well done you!!! :winner:

Hi donna, dunno if my private messages are sending but thanks for checking up on me, hope you are ok I will be back soon xx
Hi Sugar - I have sorry for late reply, I can't see them on my mobile, have replied and just noticed I have another message (I am assuming its from you so I shall answer next) :bighug:

Wow that is a lovely snack.....like the umbrella touch :)
I know made me happy! all it needed was a couple of cocktail cherries and I would have been well away

good luck for the rest of the week x h ave a lovely day tomorrow xx[/QUOTE]
Thanks Val - hope youve had a good week will pop to your diary shortly xxx

LADIES THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR FRIENDSHIP, SUPPORT AND ENCOURAGEMENT - YOU MAKE SLIMMING WORLD A VERY HAPPY EASY PLACE XXXXX :girlpower::flowers::flowers::flowers::thankyou:

Smash Scones & Breakfast

Smash Scones :

1336904544247.jpg
Next time I am going to double in size, and use as a substitute for a Sausage & Egg McMuffin...yum yum

Honestly these aren't as good as scones or muffins but they are FREE!

Brunch:

1336905239932.jpg

2x LC Sausage (2), 1x egg, 2x Smash Scones, Baked Beans & Mushrooms

Hey Donna,

Just read your diary and wanted to say hello! (Subscribed :) ) You have done really well and I love your food ideas/photos - such an inspiration! Am off to check out team tinsel now as I would love to be at goal by Christmas.

Hope you have a good day today x

Oh, and do you have a recipe for the smash scones please? They look nice... :D

Hiya, just read through your whole diary with a cuppa :)

Your food looks delicious, I've noted down some recipes to give a try.

Well done on your weight loss so far :)

I'm gonna subscribe if that's ok x

Thats the spirit Donna! Keep on trucking. I know how disappointment feels when you step on the scales and you know you deserve much more than the figure that the scales say. I know it's difficult but try not to put too much emphasis on that weigh in, you are desperate to lose weight as I am, as is everyone on this site, but the scales are only a guide to how you are getting on, you should try and just take each day as it comes and at the end of that day congratulate yourself on that fact that you have fed yourself and your family with 100% nutrition an goodness. I strive everyday to eat my 5 a day and I do it easily. I am trying to think of it this way. As you know I have tried and failed at SW many times and I know why, it's because I was putting too much pressure on myself every week to step on them scales at class, I would get anxious and nervous and I would generally be disappointed with the figure, I would go home and ruin it by eating crap for a couple of day and the be perfect and then that next Thursday h would go to class and be disappointed again. I have come to realise that I am one of these people who will never pull in big numbers and so now I have adopted a healthier view to it all, just take each day as it comes and try and be good and at weigh in day (I no longer go to class, class didn't help) if I lose something, I am happy.

Like I said to you in my previous post, Rome wasn't built in a day, this weight is years worth of body abuse, but instead of trying to bulldoze the weight off, I plan to take it down brick by brick. Are you with me Donna, fighting that fight?

Xxxx

Day 4: Monday 14 May 2012
Breakfast: BIGGER Breakfast: Yogurt, Banana, Grapes, Pineapple, 30g Shreddies (HEB)
Lunch:
BIGGER Lunch: Crabsticks, HM Potato Salad, 1x Ryvita, Beetroot, pickled onions, baby plum toms, sweetcorn, carrot, radish, cucumber
Dinner: Mama Mia's Southern Non-Fried Chicken, wedges, broccolli, mayo and pickled onions
HEA: Milk (tea)
HEB: 30g Shreddies
Syns: Mayo (3), chicken (4), wedges (2), 1/2 pink & white (1.5), ryvita 1.5 = 12/15

Last edited:
Just read your diary and wanted to say hello! (Subscribed :) ) You have done really well and I love your food ideas/photos - such an inspiration! Am off to check out team tinsel now as I would love to be at goal by Christmas.

Hope you have a good day today x

Oh, and do you have a recipe for the smash scones please? They look nice... :D
Hi Scotminx, welcome to my diary and thank you for such lovely words, have you got a diary? let me know and I will pop in for a nose. Definitely join Team Tinsel - they are crazy and so motivational, here's the link to the scones:

I finally got around to making cheese scones. sw stylie! They were amazing, they had a real cheese and onion pasty quality to them. The family loved them too.

300g chive and onion cottage cheese
Salt and pepper to season.
2 eggs.
100g instant mash (dried powder form)
Frylight.

Whizz the cottage cheese with a hand blender, season and whizz in the 2 eggs.
Stir in the instant mash powder to make a dough like consistency.
Separate into balls and flatten.
Put in an oven tray and frylight for 20 mins.
Voila!
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/241753-cheese-scones-free-green.html

Hiya, just read through your whole diary with a cuppa :)
Your food looks delicious, I've noted down some recipes to give a try.
Well done on your weight loss so far :)
I'm gonna subscribe if that's ok x
Thanks Chelle86, welcome to my diary - thank you for your compliments I shall pop over to your diary and subscribe to yours too, have a great day, donna x

Thats the spirit Donna! Keep on trucking. I know how disappointment feels when you step on the scales and you know you deserve much more than the figure that the scales say. I know it's difficult but try not to put too much emphasis on that weigh in, you are desperate to lose weight as I am, as is everyone on this site, but the scales are only a guide to how you are getting on, you should try and just take each day as it comes and at the end of that day congratulate yourself on that fact that you have fed yourself and your family with 100% nutrition an goodness. I strive everyday to eat my 5 a day and I do it easily. I am trying to think of it this way. As you know I have tried and failed at SW many times and I know why, it's because I was putting too much pressure on myself every week to step on them scales at class, I would get anxious and nervous and I would generally be disappointed with the figure, I would go home and ruin it by eating crap for a couple of day and the be perfect and then that next Thursday h would go to class and be disappointed again. I have come to realise that I am one of these people who will never pull in big numbers and so now I have adopted a healthier view to it all, just take each day as it comes and try and be good and at weigh in day (I no longer go to class, class didn't help) if I lose something, I am happy.

Like I said to you in my previous post, Rome wasn't built in a day, this weight is years worth of body abuse, but instead of trying to bulldoze the weight off, I plan to take it down brick by brick. Are you with me Donna, fighting that fight?

Xxxx
Charley - I AM FIGHTING WITH A VENGENCE!

Lunch (supersize)

Yummy!
1336999849633.jpg
1x Ryvita, Crabsticks, HM Potato Salad, Cucumber, Beetroot, Pickled onions, baby plum potatoes, sweetcorn, carrot sticks, radish

Homemade Potato Salad
* 1 bag baby new pots (bring to boil, simmer til soft, drain, leave to cool)
* Mix 6 tbsp Fat Free Natural Yog / 6 tbsp Extra Low Fat Mayo (6 syns)
* Chop a bunch of spring onions chopped or a red onion
* Add to mayo/yog, mix well, add chives (forgot to buy them today but not essential)
* Mix well, stick in fridge for about an hour if you can bear to wait!!

1336999678700.jpg
ENJOY!

Hi honey.

Well done, you've been doing really well and you're still sticking at it even with the stresses of work which is fab!

Loving all the pics. Going to try those smash scones this week I think - what cottage cheese did you use? I could ony get natural so hopefully that'll work ok

That potato salad looks so yummy, I'm making some now to go with my chicken salad :) x
Oh Chelle86 it is yummy...could have eaten the whole bowl (but that would have been really greedy cos there are at least 8 portions in it lol! Hope you like it x

Hi honey.

Well done, you've been doing really well and you're still sticking at it even with the stresses of work which is fab!

Loving all the pics. Going to try those smash scones this week I think - what cottage cheese did you use? I could ony get natural so hopefully that'll work ok
Hi Babe, the smash scones...well they are edible, I used the chive and onion which was nice but I think next time I might use cheddar flavour mash and just use plain cottage cheese - I am def gonna use this as an alternative to dumplings and will def make a batch will will be muffin size for a nice syn free egg & sausage mcmuffin

I must admit I read my own diary back all the time and the colour and pics make me appreciate how happy and healthy I am being...just wish the lbs would start dropping off!!!

Oh Chelle86 it is yummy...could have eaten the whole bowl (but that would have been really greedy cos there are at least 8 portions in it lol! Hope you like it x

Hi Babe, the smash scones...well they are edible, I used the chive and onion which was nice but I think next time I might use cheddar flavour mash and just use plain cottage cheese - I am def gonna use this as an alternative to dumplings and will def make a batch will will be muffin size for a nice syn free egg & sausage mcmuffin

I must admit I read my own diary back all the time and the colour and pics make me appreciate how happy and healthy I am being...just wish the lbs would start dropping off!!!

I tried these "scones", I really didn't like them. I also used chive and onion, it really put me off trying them again.

I made a fantastic Sausage and Egg McMuffin a few weeks ago, I bought wholemeal muffins, which were slightly over the HEB weight allowance so I added 2 syns to my dish. I used lean pork mince and added light herbs and spices and plenty s&p. Made thin patties out of them and put them in the fridge to "man up". I bought those little egg ring thingys. Cooked the patties for 4 mins on each side in a frylited frying pan and then near the end add the egg in the ring. Put a slice or two of processed cheese in the lightly toasted muffin (you can get some processed cheese on HEA) add the pattie and then the egg, voila - I also made a rosti to go with it. Yummy times!

x

Hi Donna. I have subscribed to your thread, hope you don't mind! ;-) You have such yummy sounding food!! It's really inspired me! :) xx

I tried these "scones", I really didn't like them. I also used chive and onion, it really put me off trying them again.

I made a fantastic Sausage and Egg McMuffin a few weeks ago, I bought wholemeal muffins, which were slightly over the HEB weight allowance so I added 2 syns to my dish. I used lean pork mince and added light herbs and spices and plenty s&p. Made thin patties out of them and put them in the fridge to "man up". I bought those little egg ring thingys. Cooked the patties for 4 mins on each side in a frylited frying pan and then near the end add the egg in the ring. Put a slice or two of processed cheese in the lightly toasted muffin (you can get some processed cheese on HEA) add the pattie and then the egg, voila - I also made a rosti to go with it. Yummy times!

x
I didn't mind them Charley - but I could easily live without - next time I will def use an instant mash that is cheese flavoured...jury out....thing that annoyed me is in-laws came over and I cooked them petit pains nice and hot out of oven and he scoffed the smash scones - would have punched him on the nose but he is sponsoring me £50 for every stone I lose lol!

OMG your Sausage & Egg McMuffin sounds delish - I am gonna come for a drivethru one night lol!

Hope this evening passes quickly for you, enjoy your dinner it sounds lovely!

Hi Donna. I have subscribed to your thread, hope you don't mind! ;-) You have such yummy sounding food!! It's really inspired me! :) xx

Hayley thats really lovely of you, feel free to pop in and ask any questions - have you a diary of your own? I love a nose x

donnajt said:
I didn't mind them Charley - but I could easily live without - next time I will def use an instant mash that is cheese flavoured...jury out....thing that annoyed me is in-laws came over and I cooked them petit pains nice and hot out of oven and he scoffed the smash scones - would have punched him on the nose but he is sponsoring me £50 for every stone I lose lol!

OMG your Sausage & Egg McMuffin sounds delish - I am gonna come for a drivethru one night lol!

Hope this evening passes quickly for you, enjoy your dinner it sounds lovely!

Hayley thats really lovely of you, feel free to pop in and ask any questions - have you a diary of your own? I love a nose x

Oh yes I certainly do have a diary :) I am so new to this though, not sure how I would direct you to it? Haha xx

Your HM pot salad looks the nuts Donna, I am so gonna make that with a pack of jersey royals - hmmm, I don't do el Mayo tho, I can only stomach the l Mayo, I will go less mayo, more yog. I might even put some chicken or tuna in - oh the possibilities!

I would have stuck the petit pains up his nose for stealing your food! But hey, like you say it's not very charitable is it!? Well done for not eating them tho. I love bread dont you?

My kitchen has smelt like a bakers since going to the farmers Market on Saturday, Mick bought most of the bread stand! So tempting but I never touched it..alright maybe I had a couple of bites of his toasted bloomer which was dripping with salty butter...I am salivating seriously!!!! Xx

Looks delicious, I made your potato salad yesterday and gotta say its realty really tasty :), only had a tiny mouthful yesterday as I was on a red day but today is a green so looking forward to having a big portion for lunch :) have a good day at work x

Back