Donnajt's 2012 Diary...yes I'm back!

Made Onion Marmalade:

LUNCH:
Served with jacket spud, Laughing Cow EL & salad
1337435958433.jpg

Is that the syn free onion chutney? I think it's FAB! Especially for someone like me who doesn't like particularly 'dry' food and prefers a blob of one sauce or other with everything!

It keeps for weeks too. I love it for brekkie with scrambled eggs yum. Going to make another batch tomorrow after a nice big aldi shop for cheap red onions and balsamic vinegar.

Got some chorizo too so I'm quite fancying trying that chorizo pasta...

donnajt said:
To get me moving, I have set myself a Beginners/No Time Exercise Challenge
http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-off-topic/277022-beginners-exercise-busy-people-little-time-anyone-care-join-me.html#post5153899

Daily:
* 20 sit ups
* 10 minutes on the exercise bike (this is weather dependent as its in the garden!)
* 10x up and down the stairs at home

Weekly:
* 3x 20 minute walk on the days I am work (Tues, Weds, Thurs)
* 2x 20 minute walk with 2 year old on his scooter (Mon, Fri)
* 4x 20 minutes Just Dance with 12 year old
Saturday 19 may. Day 1
15 mins on exercise bike
30 stomach crunches

Morning All!!!

I am starting Zumba on Tuesday night eek! my friend (who is on the large side herself) assures me I will be able to keep up, she says its her "Girls Night Out" she loves it - am going with my super skinny friend - so my question is what on earth do you wear to a zumba class?

Right off to start my exercises ...

Is that the syn free onion chutney? I think it's FAB! Especially for someone like me who doesn't like particularly 'dry' food and prefers a blob of one sauce or other with everything!

It keeps for weeks too. I love it for brekkie with scrambled eggs yum. Going to make another batch tomorrow after a nice big aldi shop for cheap red onions and balsamic vinegar.

Got some chorizo too so I'm quite fancying trying that chorizo pasta...

I think its the same Sarah - although you just use 5 onions rather than 1.5 - if only tears were fat - I would have cried about a stone away lol. It was lovely over my jacket spud and I am thinking next time I go to Farm Shop grabbing some mangos and making a mango version - I love mango chutney and I am missing it big time!

Can you do your whole shop in Aldi? I went once but Paul was in a mood and sat in car so I was obliged to be "quick" :mad:

donnajt said:
Morning All!!!

I am starting Zumba on Tuesday night eek! my friend (who is on the large side herself) assures me I will be able to keep up, she says its her "Girls Night Out" she loves it - am going with my super skinny friend - so my question is what on earth do you wear to a zumba class?

Right off to start my exercises ...

Morning Donna!
How are you doing?
I've been doing Bokwa classes (v similar to Zumba) and really you just wear stuff you feel comfy in.

I would advise a decent pair of trainers though (to support your legs / ankles etc) but to be honest any will do. Then I just wear trackies or leggings and a short sleeved tshirt or a vest - normally tshirt though as it covers my arms up more haha - nothing fancy is required!! HTH xx

Oh and if you have long hair, defo tie it back and make sure its all off your face as you do get your sweat on! On my first sesh I had my hair all stuck to my face it was not a good look haha!! X

oooh donna onion marmalade recipe please, i have just been to aldi to do my weeks shopping spent £55 and have meals for every day including rump steak loads of fruit & veg they have mangoes 39p each so got 3 nom nom have u got a recipe for mango chutney love it. hope ur enjoying the weekend xx

Aldi's is amazingly good value - especially the 39p veggie offers!

I think I should try and do most of my shop there :)

Good luck Donna on the zumba and well done on the plank!!

Thanks Charley I needed that - the thing is I sat thru all the nonsense excuses why people had only lost a 1lb and then when it was me I just wanted to scream, everyone looking at me just felt like I was lying. I was seething when I left even forgot to pick up a new magazine - but I didn't turn to food and binge, I washed the floor, scrubbed the bathroom and then went into work for a waste of time meeting (on my day off!)

Am really gonna watch my carbs this week - I'm thinking that could be my problem - what do you think?

Good for you, I love your attitude. I think lowering carbs could help, I don't know really - I love pasta and pots and one of the main reason I love this diet was unlimited portions sizing of both - but I think carbs can have a reaction and slow down weightloss. It doesn't look like you are cutting them out altogether, which is good - maybe just not using carbs as a base meal so much this week - its worth a go!

Hey hon

Sorry for the radio silence, where's that naughty step at please?! Forgive me Donna for I have synned! Friday and Saturday were naughty. Yesterday I was good though, I even took the skin off from my chicken post cooking, usually wild horses couldn't drag me away from the lure of cooked chicken skin! Anyway, full run down of my naughtiness will be on my Food Diary shortly.

Good for you to up your exercise - I am going to do more with myself, I know I can, I can just never be bothered. After being out of the house all day 5 days a week, its the last thing I want to do, but other people do it, and they do it with children and households to run - I can bloody do it too!

I used to go to Zumba - I loved it, in fact I might just start going again. What to wear? Well I wore a t-shirt/vest and trakkie bottoms, you will sweat your ass off - I usually took a bottle of water and a small towel to mop up sweat in between songs. Its a great way of losing weight, if you like a good boogie, you will love this.

I need that onion marmalade recipe please!

What are these phone workouts?

I am defo up for meeting up, I will PM you my mobile number. I can't do this weekend or next, but should be free the following week. Lets play it by ear shall we?

Keep it up Donna, you are doing so well, if you don't lose this week I will eat my hat!

xxxx

Day 4: Sunday 20 May 2012
Brunch: 3x Linda McCartney Italian Sausages (1.5), Scrambled Egg, Plum Tomatoes, Baked Beans, Onion Marmalade, Mushrooms
Dinner: WW Shepherds Pie, Salad, Satsumas, sugar free jelly (1), yog
HEA: Cheese
HEB: Hi Fi Bar
Syns: Shepherds Pie (unknown) = ? /15

Daily:
* 5 min Abs Workout (Daniel Miller downloads on android phone) YES
* 15 minutes on the exercise bike YES
* 10x up and down the stairs at home YES

Weekly:

Last edited:
Day 5: Monday 21 May 2012
Brunch: Beans on Toast (with cayenne Pepper), 2x Hot water and Lemon, 2x Satsumas
Lunch: ???
Dinner: Man vs Food Burgers (YUM! YUM!)
HEA: Milk
HEB: Bread
Syns: ? = ? /15

Daily:
* 5 min Abs Workout (Daniel Miller downloads on android phone)
* 15 minutes on the exercise bike
* 10x up and down the stairs at home

Weekly:

Day 4: Sunday 20 May 2012
Brunch: 3x Linda McCartney Italian Sausages (1.5), Scrambled Egg, Plum Tomatoes, Baked Beans, Onion Marmalade, Mushrooms
Dinner: WW Shepherds Pie, Salad, Satsumas, sugar free jelly (1), yog
HEA: Cheese
HEB: Hi Fi Bar
Syns: Shepherds Pie (unknown) = ? /15

Daily:
* 5 min Abs Workout (Daniel Miller downloads on android phone) YES
* 15 minutes on the exercise bike YES
* 10x up and down the stairs at home YES

Weekly:

Hey hun, was it the WW Frozen Shep Pie made with lamb? If so its 4.5 - was it any good? I am not a ready meal person but I was thinking of getting some to keep in my freezer just in case. The portion size makes me sad though!!!
xx

Hi Donna,

Hope you're doing well!! :D

you eat SUCH lovely sounding food, it really makes me think I need to mix up my evening meals a bit... But when I get in from work at 9:30 pm I just want something quick and easy... Lazy I know :(

Your weight loss is fantastic so far by the way, inspiration!!

x

Back