Donnajt's 2012 Diary...yes I'm back!

Enjoy my lovely - am being extra, extra good here........need to - only 4 weeks Friday to hols xxxxxxx

Salmon Fishcakes, Potato Wedges, Salad & Tartare Sauce

View attachment 54153

Salmon Fishcakes
Potato Mash, Smash, any = I used leftover roasts probably about 2-3
1 tin salmon (any bones removed)
Lemon Juice
Dried Parsley
1 tbsp mayo

Mash salmon and potatoes, add lemon juice, parsley and mayo, mix well
Shape into patties and try and leave in the fridge for about 30=45 mins
Warm up pan with bit of stirfry, place fishcake into pan and leave to cook gently for about 4 minutes per side
Serve with tartare sauce (even if it is 3 syns per tablespoon!)

Ooh they look delish hon!

Day 5: Tuesday 26 June 2012
Breakfast: Banana
banana1.jpg
Lunch:
Apple
apple.jpg
Dinner: Chicken & Chorizo Casserole (2 syns), Mash, Green Leaves
Chicken Chorizo Cassoerole.jpg
HEA: Milk
HEB: 2x HiFi Bars
Syns: Chorizo (2) Pink n White x3 (7.5) = 9/15

Exercise:
OMG! I walked my arse off!!! over an hour walking at work

Daily:
* 5 min Abs Workout (Daniel Miller downloads on android phone) No
* 15 minutes on the exercise bike NO
* 10x up and down the stairs at home YES

Chicken & Chorizo Casserole

Chicken (I used a bag of cooked chicken strips from Tesco they are frozen cost £1.99)
100g chorizo - (I used half the Tesco ring) sliced and then quartered = 6.5 syns
Mushrooms
Tin Toms
Pasata
Chicken Stock Pot thing
Large onion
Chilli Flakes
Tomato Puree
Garlic Puree
Splash of Worcester Sauce
Mixed Herbs

Throw in slowcook, mix well and leave....
Chicken Chorizo Cassoerole.jpg

Well...had an enjoyable but mega busy day yesterday...hence missing breakfast and lunch...got to work and I was the only Coordinator in the Laindon area - there should be 6 of us!!! But got loads of walking in

Another manic day today...got to be in at 8 as Megan's plastercast has broken so I need to be at Basildon Hospital at 8am to get her leg re-casted ... on the joys of being a parent!!

speak soon, donna xxx

PS got Salmon tonight and I cannot wait

PPS just thought I am having a very fishy week without planning - suprising as I don't really do fish xxx

Chicken & Chorizo Casserole

Chicken (I used a bag of cooked chicken strips from Tesco they are frozen cost £1.99)
100g chorizo - (I used half the Tesco ring) sliced and then quartered = 6.5 syns
Mushrooms
Tin Toms
Pasata
Chicken Stock Pot thing
Large onion
Chilli Flakes
Tomato Puree
Garlic Puree
Splash of Worcester Sauce
Mixed Herbs

Throw in slowcook, mix well and leave....
View attachment 54327

That looks loverly Don - I would do it but Mick hates chorizo (freak!) - I might give it a go for myself though. I never think to buy frozen chicken strips - £1.99 is very reasonable, much cheaper than fresh breast.

That looks loverly Don - I would do it but Mick hates chorizo (freak!) - I might give it a go for myself though. I never think to buy frozen chicken strips - £1.99 is very reasonable, much cheaper than fresh breast.
Charley - I buy this bag and use it to throw into stirfries, on pizza etc, my freezer is so stuffed I had to leave it in fridge and it defrosted that's how the Chicken & Chorizo ended up being made - it was rubbish day (as in Bin Men due rather than eat rubbish) and I was clearing fridge out but got to say it tasted lovely but had been in slow cook for about 10 hours on slow so everything had marinaded beautifully

DOESN'T LIKE CHORIZO...that would be grounds for divorce in my house lol

Day 6: Wednesday 27 June 2012
Breakfast: Banana & Yogurt
ww yog.jpg
Lunch:
Ravioli, Grapes
ravioli.jpggrape-guy_476x357.jpg
Dinner: Chicken Kebab, Chilli Sauce & Salad
Chicken Kebab and salad.jpg
HEB: Wholemeal Pitta
Syns: Chorizo (2) Chilli Sauce (2) = 4/15

Exercise:
OMG! I walked my arse off again today!!

Daily:
* 5 min Abs Workout (Daniel Miller downloads on android phone) No
* 15 minutes on the exercise bike NO
* 10x up and down the stairs at home YES

Hiiii Donnaaaa!! Just catching up a bit on this crazy cats forum! I have to say that you Donna are my favourite poster at the moment! It's all just so entertaining!! Loving the food photos and recipes for a start! You are such a great cook, I don't even have to taste them to discover this fact! I also love the cartoon fruit and the made dressed as a bunch of grapes lmao.....! I also loved the reference to 'rubbish day' in that the binmen were coming not rubbish as in rubbish food ! Tickled me! OK now that I've inflated your ego, just to say I hope your Meg is ok- sorry to hear about her leg!! And hope all well otherwise with you!

How did you get on at WI? Hope you're not still Homer sleeping lol xxxxxxxx

Weyhey whoohoo!! Another 2lb bites the dust! This is fab news hun, well done on being brilliant!! XXX

Well done, you are an inspiration x

Hiiii Donnaaaa!! Just catching up a bit on this crazy cats forum! I have to say that you Donna are my favourite poster at the moment! It's all just so entertaining!! Loving the food photos and recipes for a start! You are such a great cook, I don't even have to taste them to discover this fact! I also love the cartoon fruit and the made dressed as a bunch of grapes lmao.....! I also loved the reference to 'rubbish day' in that the binmen were coming not rubbish as in rubbish food ! Tickled me! OK now that I've inflated your ego, just to say I hope your Meg is ok- sorry to hear about her leg!! And hope all well otherwise with you!

How did you get on at WI? Hope you're not still Homer sleeping lol xxxxxxxx
Hev - I love you so much!!! I keep my diary full of pics cos I look back thru it all the time - esp when I am stuck and also i want other to grab reader's eyes - as you say great for the ego and also fresh eyes also spot areas that need improving

Didn't actually get much sleep - sat up til 3pm and then overslept...was 20 mins late into work eek!

Weyhey whoohoo!! Another 2lb bites the dust! This is fab news hun, well done on being brilliant!! XXX
Thanks Hev x

Hi Donna well done another fab loss x have a great weekend xxx
Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins
Thanks Val x

Well done, you are an inspiration x
Ah Sarah...I'm sure that's not true...but thank you...so are you !

ego.jpg

Day 1: Friday 29 June 2012
Breakfast: Banana

Lunch:
Ravioli, Grapes
grape-guy_476x357.jpgravioli.jpg
Dinner: Salmon (4syns), Rice, Salad
Salmon Rice salad.jpg
Hot Smoked Salmon Fillets with Sweet Chilli, twin pack, chilled, 93g each

HEB: 2x Rocky Road HiFi Bars
rocky road.jpg