donnajt's "determined this will be my last ever diet!"

Do you have 1/3 superfree with every mea?

• Yes

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • No

Votes: 39 57.4%

• Total voters
How was the chicken cake Donna? What sausages did you use?

it was lovely but i will make a gravy or sauce next time because i found it very dry, but gorgeous all the same and the carnivores in my house loved it, just remembered I took pics will post them in a couple of mins

I used the WW ones - there were 6 in a pack and that was plenty - haven't worked out syns yet...naughty! Must say I would love to try the "fattening" version of this, I bet with normal sausages the chicken would stay a lot more moist

Chicken Cake

WW Thick Pork Sausages (6 pack) 1/2 syn each (3 syns)
4x BabyBels HEA
Frylite, Bacon, Chicken free on EE

= 1 syn per portion or 3 syns for entire cake

Here it is:

chicken cake 1.JPGchicken cake 2.JPGchicken cake 3.JPG

I made roast veg (red onions, red peppers, courgettes, aubergines, baby plum tomatoes in frylite)

Tiny portion of sauteed (frylite) potatoes

Was a lovely dinner but next time I will make either gravy or cheese (maybe) sauce to serve as I found the chicken quite dry

Must admit not that keen on pasta n sauce, the only one I didn't mind was the mac cheese, I have some and mugshots for desperate times

I was thinking when you drain off the chicken water when you uncover the cake I might make a gravy out of that or use some quark and herbs to make a sauce, would be lovely with cauliflower cheese (now that's a good idea!)

Claire - just been looking at your stats - we could almost be twins, well dieting sisters, we are starting at similar weight and aiming for almost identical targets - I want to reach mine for my 40th in April (no pressure), if you carry on with all your exercise you will hit target long before end of 2011, hopefully we will reach the finishing line at the same time x

ps. would love your recipe, have posted on your diary also

Well done on the chicken cake. Sooooo... if the WW sausages are half a syn then I may as well buy those instead of traipsing miles to get to Morrisons for half a syn sausages!! Right I think I will def give this a go. I think a bit of gravy is not many syns. Is it something like 3 tbsp=1syn or something?? I made lanb and cheese kebabs last night. Will post a pic. x

Jambayala

2x chicken breasts, cut into small bite size pieces
110g chorizo, thickly sliced, cut into small pieces
1 large red onion
1 red pepper, thinly diced
1 green pepper, thinly diced
1 crushed garlic clove
2 green chillies, finely chopped
Frylight
1 chicken stock cube/1 pint boiling water
Pinch tumeric
10oz long grain rice
Tin tomatoes

Frylight pan and fry chorizo and chicken until chicken turns pink, remove from pan
Add bit more frylight if necessary, fry onion and garlic for 3 mins, add peppers and green chilli to pan and fry for further 2 mins
Add chicken and chorizo to pan, add rice and then stock and tin of tomatoes, stir well, add pinch tumeric and season
Place lid on pan and leave to simmer for 30-40 mins, add drop of water if neccesary

D E L I C I O U S

Total dish = 10 syns, even though OH ate twice as much as me I am going to say tonight I ate 5 syns

pics will follow have new camera and haven't figured out how to transfer pics yet!

Oooh another yum recipe. It might be worth doing an EE day to have that. I don't think I have had Chorizo so will be interesting to taste. mmmm... I used to do a Mattesons smoked sausage risotto with salsa in it - goodness knows how many syns that was.

Back