DON'T CHEAT!!!

welshwench

I lost nearly 9lbs on my 1st week and i didnt cheat at all.
I've just had my 2nd WI an i've lost 2lb! But all week i've had small 'mishaps' such as a piece of cheese, half a chicken breast, a fish finger. so all my little cheats really took their toll!
I'm determined not to cheat at all this wek, but its sooo hard! :17729:

Hi Karen

I find that the more you cheat the harder it is. It does usually take me 10 days to get into the swing of it and not want food. If you give it 2 weeks you'll get past the point of wanting to cheat, and the weight losses were so worth it.

If I miss food I just say to myself 'its not as if I can never have it again, just not now' and that seems to get me past the worst.

I had some turkey and chicken this week, not much but I feel that it wasn;t worth it and I wont have a big weight loss this week, but hey could of been alot worse I could of eaten other things but chose not too!

well done on your 2lb loss xx

Well done on your 2lb loss!

The moment I started cheating last time, I couldn't stop. I'd be ok for a few days, then cave in again, and was then on the slippery slope to failing.

This time, I know what not to do, and I WILL NOT CHEAT. I want to be slim for my Sister's wedding, and the summer, more than I want to have something off plan.

It's not forever and I must remember that.

xx

Thanks guys, I needed that little bit of encouragement!
I tell myself i'll have something that wont kick me out of ketosis so it wont count.......it does! x

Two pounds is good even with cheating... but it's better to lose three or four and know you've done all you could.
I'm such a control freak once i've started i don't allow myself to cheat, but it is incredibly hard.
Keep at it... think how you'll feel at the end!
I've just had my first weigh-in and have lost 7lbs! Chuffed to bits.

Two pounds is good even with cheating... but it's better to lose three or four and know you've done all you could.
I'm such a control freak once i've started i don't allow myself to cheat, but it is incredibly hard.
Keep at it... think how you'll feel at the end!
I've just had my first weigh-in and have lost 7lbs! Chuffed to bits.

Well done Red Mich thats a fab loss :happy096:

Karen - Don't be disheartened. Thats 11lb in two weeks, what other diet would give you that result ?!? You could easily have a stone off by the end of week 3.

Red Mich - 7lbs is brill, keep it up. My CDC weighs once a fornight, so I'm not due there til next Monday night but I think I've lost about 6lbs although my scales are not very reliable. My six year old says I'm looking skinny, bless her (think I need to take her to the opticians!!).
x

Thanks Dobo. Aren't kids fantastic for boosting you up? My little boy says similar things.
I don't weigh myself in between sessions, always (I mean on LL in the past) hide my scales in the loft until i'm finished then hopefully it's a nice surprise each week.

Hiya Hun,

2lb is still a loss..
I have to admit last week I cheated & lost 9lb, :rolleyes: I think it must of been all the water I drank.

I am not gonna cheat this week I will stick to it..

I agree once you start cheating its hard to stop..

xx

yes i think thats on target. The average is a stone a month, so even if you had a great first week or not, it all averages out...

If I miss food I just say to myself 'its not as if I can never have it again, just not now' and that seems to get me past the worst.

Thats my mentality aswell! I have been in social situations where there has been plenty of food and i havent cheated, i tell myself that this is only temporary!

I don't have much experience yet -day 6- but I recently gave up smoking after a pack a day for 12 years. One thing that helped then was something I read which said that the only non-smokers that stayed smoke free were the ones that haven't had sneaky fags. Which I guess would be the equivalent of a treat/cheat. One study suggested that of the ones that have sneaked one from time to time, or at parties, 85% relapsed to full blown smokers within the year.

I can't bare the thought I'd do this for a few months, do it right, go through everything and then gorge one evening and "relapse" meaning risk getting all my weight back. - If anyone reads this and sees any threads by me saying I want to cheat in a few months don't forget to remind me please! :girlpower: -

One thing that helped then was something I read which said that the only non-smokers that stayed smoke free were the ones that haven't had sneaky fags. Which I guess would be the equivalent of a treat/cheat. One study suggested that of the ones that have sneaked one from time to time, or at parties, 85% relapsed to full blown smokers within the year.

That's an interesting statistic - I've found that to be true of my smoker friends.

Whilst on CD I've really had to look at any urges I've had to cheat and what drives me to have those urges. In the very early days I contemplated maybe keeping some chicken etc in the fridge so I had a low carb standby if I "needed" food. Then I thought it through and realised that CD is providing my body with everything it needs (not necessarily wants/craves!) so "allowing" myself the option of nibbling off-plan would not do me any favours long term. Sure I might still achieve my ideal weight but if the "need to eat" issue hasn't been dealt with how on earth can I expect to maintain once the restrictions of the diet have gone?

In all these threads I can't remember reading any stories about any successful CD'ers who had sneaky nibbles all the way through their journey but still managed to reach goal and maintain.

Whoa Serena, soooo inspiring.
I agree... I want to do this properly! Also, working out the difference between 'need' and 'want' is a big thing for me... for lots of us, I guess. I want to get to goal and I want to stay there, and the advice of those who are doing so well - or who have got to goal & maintained - makes all the difference. Thanks!
xxx

I only started on Monday and have cheated for 2 nights running. I was great on Monday, then on Tuesday night I was emptying my fridge of temptation. I ate a big lump of cheese with about 4 ritz crackers and half a dozen thorntons chocolates :(

Tonight I finished the chocolates (4). I haven't had my 3rd shake yet and don't really want it to be honest. I wish I could NOT CHEAT

Hi Karen, i am new to this website and have just come across your post, i like you lost 9lbs in my first week and found myself after the first week wanting just that little bit more, no matter how hard i tryed not give in, i did i felt so upset, then we had christmas to get over i'm still finding it hard to get back into it so this week i have had the ketosis strips to keep me on track. just keep going you can do it, and just think to yourself if i eat anything it costs £35.00 (the cost of your weeks packes of food). keep up your good work :)

Back