Don't recognise myself ...

reluctant_whale

This is going to sound really odd - but a few times lately I have walked past a mirror and literally not recognised myself! My face has slimmed down so much I look like a different person, more angular somehow .. (shame about the body - but that is why the mirrors in my home are all shoulder height!!) it is such a weird feeling ... apparently it takes us 12 months to start to "recognise" any change in our bodies which is why people losing weight often can't see what others do ...

Food for thought. Mmmm food ...

Wow...that's a coincidence - I very nearly made a thread about exactly the same thing yesterday :D

I don't experience it when I'm deliberately looking in a mirror (eg. putting make-up on), it's when I catch myself suddenly, like when I'm passing the hall mirror to answer the door or something. I suppose my mind is elsewhere at the time, and I sort of "forget" that I've lost all this weight and expect to see myself as I have been for the last couple of years? :confused:

Anyway, it's a great feeling for sure! :D

(by the way RW, you're not the only one whose mirrors are all at shoulder height, lol!)

Scrumbles it's really weird isn't it ... it's the same for me, only when I "catch" myself ... feels good ... but very, VERY strange sensation x

Well done ladies, can't wait to experience this, if I put on weight it always goes to my face!!

I have this all the time. Can't believe it's me. The weird thing is that when fat, I look like my dad, and the thinner I get the more I look like my mother. No surprise that the fat genes are on my dad's side! :rolleyes:

(Once back when I was really fat I went to visit my dad's mum in hospital. One of the nurses opened the door and instantly knew who I was there to see- "By 'eck you look like Maude!" she said. Bet she wouldn't know now!)

Back